Belleza Update

Lillith Hapmouche

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Either I'm doing something wrong or the neck is wacky.  There might not be a seam anymore but there's a lump where I never had one with Legacy or Maitreya.

I did notice that. It appears to have always been there, and it's actually BELOW the neck's head join, as you can see the head join in my 5.2 image.

Here is V6:

Freyav6.PNG.9df370e042d984b30ad737900961e78e.PNG

And here in v5.2 that lump is there, but the neck to head seam is above it:

Freyav5.2.PNG.476870d665776c596b158153c3e8a2e5.PNG

So this is a 'stylistic choice' - probably not done on purpose, but one that's been around for a while.

Working with the Mod version of the body, After removing every piece of mesh I wasn't using.. several dozens of pieces.

I unlinked the upper torso - which was 6 pieces, and replaced it with 'fat tids' which is a single mesh piece. That cut out 5 links of mesh. 4 for me though because I added fat tid's larger nipple addon.

- I then matched the bump and specular maps across the whole body for proper upper and lower so that fat tids would look right. Removed all the scripts.

Stuff like this is why I wanted Mod.

End result gives me a low lag 'looks just right for me' copy of the body.

The resulting visual is NSFW, so I can't show it here. ;)

I'm thinking I need to write a tutorial of things one can do with the mod copy - from simple 'get rid of extra pieces' to more advanced 'link in mod-kits'.

I've been waiting YEARS for a human body that would let me do things that are just 'basic and routine' in the furry community. Never expected to get that body out of one of my favorites - so this is just an added bonus.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Yes I picked one up for myself, will see how it goes. 50% off is L$1500, which means the full price is still much cheaper than Gianni which is now L$4500.

I've always loved Maitreya and Belleza's prices. I don't feel like i'm breaking the bank so to speak if I buy them for alts. Even at full price. Bodies these days are ludicrous.. just as mesh heads always have been. Thank you Lelutka for making them reasonable.

• Like 4

A surprising comeback, these past years Freya's been out of the game recovering from sporting injuries and substance abuse. The pundits had written her off, no one saw Freya returning to the ring to reclaim her Booty Crown from the upstart Kupra.

Stay tuned for this year's Battle of the Booties. No finer sport in Second Life.

I for one am appreciative of Belleza being back in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Bad news for Kalhene Erica. That body does not have much content, and Freya has lots. With this update, I think Erica will be a body for the few, like the female Signature.

Ha, yep... thinking of scoring a Freya now for my trans alt. And of course a Jake for my wacky male alt... 🤔

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Bad news for Kalhene Erica. That body does not have much content, and Freya has lots. With this update, I think Erica will be a body for the few, like the female Signature.

Yes this makes me sad, and the cynical part of me is telling me that it's only because of Erika that Belleza have finally released a proper update.

On the other hand, this did make me squee so hard and I've gone out and bought Freya. After brielfly playing with it for a little while, I like it a lot, certainly much more than Hourglass. I think Erika is still my #1 but Freya makes #2 MUCH better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I did notice that. It appears to have always been there, and it's actually BELOW the neck's head join, as you can see the head join in my 5.2 image.

Here is V6:

Freyav6.PNG.9df370e042d984b30ad737900961e78e.PNG

And here in v5.2 that lump is there, but the neck to head seam is above it:

Freyav5.2.PNG.476870d665776c596b158153c3e8a2e5.PNG

So this is a 'stylistic choice' - probably not done on purpose, but one that's been around for a while.

Oh well.  That makes it unwearable for me.  😞

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

When I noted over in the Erika thread that a new body has to be super aggressive in getting out developer kits it was because of things like this.

You can lose the wind in your sails at any moment, so you need to race fast when you have it.

Erika isn't doomed yet - if they remain pro-active on updates and if they start letting ANYONE, even rando-fools, have the developer kit, they could carve out a space.

Belleza has a long history of slow updates, so even a small issue like a tiny glitch somewhere, let alone something like the neck bump noted last night won't likely be fixed before 2030... so there is space for any one that is more active in updating to push past them.

I think the update puts Gianni under more threat than it does Erika. Jake was always the best looking male body - that just didn't work anymore due to the neck and the hands splay. Now it's the best with those issues fixed and 1/4th the price of the others, plus Copy/Mod.

- Male bodies are going to have a lot more to answer for than the female ones.

Legacy male and female should take a hit here but I suspect only male will. Belleza will be another 3-4 years for it's next update, so Legacy female; which really only exists because Freya went so long without an update, will be up there again once Freya v6 gets outdated by the next Linden change to avatars.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

I couldn't pass up a sale on Jake, especially since I've already got clothing for the body. As pointed out in this thread, a modifiable version of the body is now included. (EDIT: This rest of this is wrong. A button on the HUD does allow masking. I'm leaving the rest of this post as it was since someone might find it amusing. Your laughs are always appreciated :) ) That is very important since the body is still NOT fully BoM compatible out-of-the-box due to the skin layer having no blend mode set. The No Mod version is still essentially the same as the demo I've had for a while in that it can have the BoM placeholder textures applied, but system alpha masks have no effect on it. The only difference being that on the demo I had to use Omega to set the BoM placeholder textures, and now they're included in the body script.

For anyone who would like to get the modify version of Jake working with BoM, here's a script you can create and drop in the body:

// Skin layer mesh links:

//  Neck-Head 107
//  Upper Body 2 12 14 23 24 26 27 28 29 30 31 61 63 64 65 67 69 71 Hands: 61,0 108,0
//  Lower Body 3 7 13 21 22 25 42 62 66 68 70

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSay(0,"Click the body to apply masking...");
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(2, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]); // Upper Body
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(12, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(14, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(23, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(24, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(26, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(27, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(28, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(29, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(30, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(31, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(61, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, 0, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(63, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(64, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(65, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(67, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(69, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(71, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(108, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, 0, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(3, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]); // Lower Body
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(7, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(13, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(21, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(22, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(25, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(42, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(62, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(66, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(68, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
        llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(70, [PRIM_ALPHA_MODE, ALL_SIDES, PRIM_ALPHA_MODE_MASK, 100]);
    }
}

Even though this script will enable the correct use of BoM, the Omega system cannot be added to the modify body for some reason. I know I can further edit the body to get an Omega Custom Mesh Body Kit to work with it, but I expect the average user won't have the patience or know-how to deal with the semi functional nature of the "update."

If you got Jake and want fully functional BoM, then use the above script on your Mod version of the body. If you don't mind using applier skins and alpha HUDs, then "new" Jake will work pretty much like the old one in that regard.

Edited by KjartanEno
clarification
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I just can't see how that neck issue isn't a problem for people.  Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it and will probably notice it on anyone wearing it.  Am I the only one that it bothers?   I had thought with the universal neck it would fit my Lelutka as well as Maitreya and Legacy do.  I will be sending a notecard to ask about this.  Not sure I'd want to run around looking like Quasimodo.  (ok, maybe a bit dramatic but still)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KjartanEno said:

I couldn't pass up a sale on Jake, especially since I've already got clothing for the body. As pointed out in this thread, a modifiable version of the body is now included. That is very important since the body is still NOT fully BoM compatible out-of-the-box due to the skin layer having no blend mode set. The No Mod version is still essentially the same as the demo I've had for a while in that it can have the BoM placeholder textures applied, but system alpha masks have no effect on it. The only difference being that on the demo I had to use Omega to set the BoM placeholder textures, and now they're included in the body script.

For anyone who would like to get the modify version of Jake working with BoM, here's a script you can create and drop in the body:

Even though this script will enable the correct use of BoM, the Omega system cannot be added to the modify body for some reason. I know I can further edit the body to get an Omega Custom Mesh Body Kit to work with it, but I expect the average user won't have the patience or know-how to deal with the semi functional nature of the "update."

If you got Jake and want fully functional BoM, then use the above script on your Mod version of the body. If you don't mind using applier skins and alpha HUDs, then "new" Jake will work pretty much like the old one in that regard.

Damn...putting in work already!

Will that script work with Freya too?

Just now, Janet Voxel said:

Damn...putting in work already!

Will that script work with Freya too?

Sorry, Janet, I doubt it. The linkset isn't organized. I had to edit and move the jumble of pieces into the four main layers. I really have only fully sorted out the skin layer so far, then put in a simple script to say link & face numbers to chat. Once one knows what the upper and lower skin links are, it's not hard to plug the numbers into the script.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KjartanEno said:

Sorry, Janet, I doubt it. The linkset isn't organized. I had to edit and move the jumble of pieces into the four main layers. I really have only fully sorted out the skin layer so far, then put in a simple script to say link & face numbers to chat. Once one knows what the upper and lower skin links are, it's not hard to plug the numbers into the script.

Welp. That's that. I'm terrible with scripting, so something as simple as do XYZ is like chinese math to me. But it's good to see someone at it already. I'll probably fire up zbrush and attempt a custom normal map at some point in the near future though.

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I just can't see how that neck issue isn't a problem for people.  Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it and will probably notice it on anyone wearing it.  Am I the only one that it bothers?   I had thought with the universal neck it would fit my Lelutka as well as Maitreya and Legacy do.  I will be sending a notecard to ask about this.  Not sure I'd want to run around looking like Quasimodo.  (ok, maybe a bit dramatic but still)

You don't wanna see my avatar's neck then, it's a horror, I gave up fixing it long time ago, and I'm at peace with it now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.