Belleza Update

Lillith Hapmouche

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Word is out that the sky has fallen: Belleza came out with an update.

Apparently, BOM is now included - with full alpha support?

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „AZ BELLEZA First, we apologize for this long overdue update. The updates were due to release in 2020. There are reasons but we won't offer excuses. Actions speak louder than words and you will see in the coming months all of the things we've been working on for the past 2 years. It's an incredibly exciting time for Belleza and we can't wait for you to see! Thank you for your loyalty to Belleza- we have the best customers! Tucky Boocher“

... ohhh, skins!

New from Belleza

... why do the eyes look so weird?

And 50% off sale... 

In celebration of all mesh bodies (Jake, Venus, Isis and Freya) being updated to Bakes on Mesh, we've placed them all at 50% off! This is limited-time only! Come get yours now!

Changelog:

Greetings!
Belleza BOM has arrived! ALL bodies are fully integrated to bakes on mesh. Besides the long overdue update to BOM we've made some improvements along with bug fixes. We've also taken this opportunity to provide a fully compatible neck with Lelutka. Designers who use Blender will also find an updated DEV kit!
Here is the full list of updates and bug fixes:

BODY:
Updated ALL 4 bodies to BOM (Jake, Venus, Isis and Freya)
NEW Modifiable version included
NEW BOM Skins

HUD:
SKIN TAB
NEW Bakes on Mesh (BOM) Button
NEW BOM state - ability to select Blend, Mask or None mode for your BOM

SHAPE TAB
NEW Lelutka Standard Neck (Size 0)
FIXED Hand Splay Bug

SCRIPTS:
Improved functionality with scripting

DEV Kits:
Updated Blender DEV Kit

... wait, what, modifiable version?

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 8

It was a pretty big surprise to come back to! The store was pretty packed. The mod body is going to be huge for the MOD crowd. People were crowded around the dev kit box too. The next couple of months are going to be very interesting with Slink and a couple others coming out with new bodies too. 

I was disappointed at first when the update didn't appear to have alpha layer compatibility.  It took me a while to find the solution for it.

In case if anyone's wondering about enabling alpha layers, go to the skin tab and click on the Blend button located next to the BoM button:

image.png.3ddbc01ac87bf8b3bcc6799b2dbf2c36.png

• Like 3

I got the update! I got error messages the first few times, I guess the system was overwhelmed. I am back in  the Isis body-- although I know that it has been dropped by clothing stores as they started adding Lara Petite options or kupra. Which is sad because it's my favorite and the right proportions. I hope that people will start making for isis again and I'm curious and excited for what people will do with the Mod option.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Talula Shippe said:

Can someone explain to me the significance of the bodies being mod?  Like, what does that mean to people?  i imagine it means script removal which is helpful, but what else is there?  

The fact that the body is MOD is huge for people who don't like to be solely reliant on the options given to them on the body HUD. For example: Most, if not all don't have - for example - a glow option. The fact its mod AND BoM means its versatile, and it basically became on par with Utilizator products in terms of flexibility and modability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talula Shippe said:

Can someone explain to me the significance of the bodies being mod?  Like, what does that mean to people?  i imagine it means script removal which is helpful, but what else is there?  

If it's your thing, you can do all kinds of glow effects and your own custom normal maps and specular shine.

I won't post pics, because they aren't SWF but there's a guy that used to do all kinds of skin effects on an old Orange Nahua body because it was mod. water effects, mud, all kinds of stuff. With the right lighting and done right....

*chef's kiss*

On a body that's already good and a viewer like Black Dragon? Things are going to be crazy once people start playing with it.

https://flickr.com/photos/bubblebob/page3

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Talula Shippe said:

Cool stuff, thanks for the answers. :) Glad I have a character with Freya then.  Will be fun to play around!

I don't think it'll ever recover in the clothing market, but taking on the demand for a mod human body could do something.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I don't think it'll ever recover in the clothing market, but taking on the demand for a mod human body could do something.

A few might pick it up again, but I also don't think it'll be at levels it once was. They waited too long. Only way I can see them gaining some ground would require a lot of advertising.

1 minute ago, s2Pandora said:

A few might pick it up again, but I also don't think it'll be at levels it once was. They waited too long. Only way I can see them gaining some ground would require a lot of advertising.

I agree. That's why going after the mod crowd was smart.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I agree. That's why going after the mod crowd was smart.

I feel even that will be limited, though. There was no auto-redelivery(afaik) for people who have the bodies(I didn't get one on any of my accounts), so i'd imagine a vast majority of people who have the body, but don't visit the forums or are in any of the Belleza groups, will have no idea anything has changed or even will unless they start seeing advertisements or redeliveries or something.

• Like 1

I was so happy for this update.  I wear Freya and love it, but the past 6 months or so, seeing it being dropped from places I'd shopped from was really depressing. I've been refusing to shop at a store that dropped support, but it was definitely feeling like a lost cause.  

I just don't like the other bodies on the market, they didn't look how I wanted to look....  but I was still resigning myself to having to move on. I'm glad I dragged my feet and didn't.

My boyfriend scripts so he already made a script to help with the mesh nipple issue that sometimes happens with some makers clothing. I don't like the mesh nipples popping up on their own lol. He's definitely happy he can mod it now.

Now I just have to hope the clothing makers that have dropped it will start making clothes for Belleza again... if they don't I know a lot of makers who still do, so I'll stick with them!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Though, too be fair. It is still a highly popular body. Aside the Legacy its worn a lot. it doesn't help legacy they're more picky with who gets their development kit, so I can only assume that, with the addition of a mod version it should increase in popularity once again it terms of clothing.

I have noticed the complexity is sliiiightly less(like a whole 1k lol). Could this just be from the neck change? On Freya at least. I haven't checked the other 3 bodies yet. I'll check Jake soon, but I never really wear Venus or Isis despite having them.

Edited by s2Pandora

42 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

There was no auto-redelivery(afaik) for people who have the bodies(I didn't get one on any of my accounts), so i'd imagine a vast majority of people who have the body, but don't visit the forums or are in any of the Belleza groups,

No worries, there wasn't any word at all in the Belleza inworld group, less alone auto-delivery.

10 minutes ago, PekeNL said:

Though, too be fair. It is still a highly popular body.

I’ve been saying that the whole time.

11 minutes ago, PekeNL said:

Aside the Legacy its worn a lot. it doesn't help legacy they're more picky with who gets their development kit, so I can only assume that, with the addition of a mod version it should …

I have a pet theory I’ll share with you: Aside from there being a lot of people that…just don’t like Belleza bodies, I think since all of the other bodies are in a T-pose and Belleza bodies are in an A pose, it’s not as easy to resize items for Belleza. So it was pretty easy for some creators to simply drop it, just like a lot of creators continued to create for it. But we’re out of the era of creators making things for just a couple of bodies and there are more bodies still coming out.

I haven’t played around with the mod body or taken a look at the new kit. But if it’s still in an A pose, it’s going to be a problem.

The other problem it has is it doesn’t have a social media footprint like Legacy or Kupra does. The reason they came in like gangbusters is because of social media. So the lack of advertisement could hurt. At the same time, I could see some Kupra users going back just because it doesn’t have an alpha hud.

Its really too early to tell. I do know there were a lot of people back in the store and a lot of people grabbing the Dev kits. So I could see this going really good for them or it won’t change much at all.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.