Belleza Update

Lillith Hapmouche

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Tried adjustments mentioned here with neck size and shoulders but this is just not acceptable for me, sadly as I love the rest of the body. 

1584190924_Belleza01.png.e9b14cfe27d22b2557beb5786ea77ba5.png

What are your numbers for neck thickness, shoulder, and neck length?

Me...

I think neck thick I put to 57, should is maybe 25 to 30, and neck length at around 30.

BalancedSettings_Side.thumb.PNG.a181b39d5b3d38a40965e320a1617762.PNG

BalancedSettings_Front.thumb.PNG.ab1a50dae9b80603df640fd4cf9efb1c.PNG

Balanced_ZoomedBack.thumb.PNG.fc66cb8b390d85ebfdc8f8f30ef661f9.PNG

And more extreme:

ThickSide.thumb.PNG.43856ef6e75de3633a95eeb108c39012.PNG

ThickFront.thumb.PNG.1e1db86e5e635375bbbae6f6c4c6977a.PNG

Thick_ZoomedBack.thumb.PNG.eb837a82478ce453160a672128b63a59.PNG

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

What are your numbers for neck thickness, shoulder, and neck length?

Me...

I think neck thick I put to 57, should is maybe 25 to 30, and neck length at around 30.

BalancedSettings_Side.thumb.PNG.a181b39d5b3d38a40965e320a1617762.PNG

BalancedSettings_Front.thumb.PNG.ab1a50dae9b80603df640fd4cf9efb1c.PNG

Balanced_ZoomedBack.thumb.PNG.fc66cb8b390d85ebfdc8f8f30ef661f9.PNG

And more extreme:

ThickSide.thumb.PNG.43856ef6e75de3633a95eeb108c39012.PNG

ThickFront.thumb.PNG.1e1db86e5e635375bbbae6f6c4c6977a.PNG

Thick_ZoomedBack.thumb.PNG.eb837a82478ce453160a672128b63a59.PNG

I'm not logged in right now but I know my neck thickness is 30.  I tried combinations of increasing shoulders, neck thickness, length in many different ways.  I probably mess around with it later tonight.  Honestly, aside from that, I love the body.  I just can not understand why there is a bump.  As was mentioned, it seems to be a body thing and not just a neck thing.

50 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm not logged in right now but I know my neck thickness is 30.  I tried combinations of increasing shoulders, neck thickness, length in many different ways.  I probably mess around with it later tonight.  Honestly, aside from that, I love the body.  I just can not understand why there is a bump.  As was mentioned, it seems to be a body thing and not just a neck thing.

Yeah. I was told it's painted into the weighting of the body from the beginning era - and would not be fixable without breaking a lot of content. Back in 2014 or so, it was less noticeable compared to the other choices - but as bodies have moved forward this issue has aged poorly.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:30 PM, KjartanEno said:

I'm probably not the only one who will wrongly assume that the body wasn't properly set up.

Agreed. I actually made an entire script which could convert any of the Belleza bodies to use alpha masking, listed it on my MP store (for free), only then to discover the next day that you could already set the mask mode via the HUD, but because it wasn't set by default I'd assumed that it was just set up incorrectly.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah. I was told it's painted into the weighting of the body from the beginning era - and would not be fixable without breaking a lot of content. Back in 2014 or so, it was less noticeable compared to the other choices - but as bodies have moved forward this issue has aged poorly.

Oh crap... guess I should stick to the Genus Strong head/Lucybody mashup I currently use. Lucybody's neck fix for non universal heads makes me look good (as of ver 2.3)... as long as I don't use the standard Lucybody shape.

33 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

Agreed. I actually made an entire script which could convert any of the Belleza bodies to use alpha masking, listed it on my MP store (for free), only then to discover the next day that you could already set the mask mode via the HUD, but because it wasn't set by default I'd assumed that it was just set up incorrectly.

I actually sent off notes to the developer and made a post here in giant letters and was making notes for this for a blog post before I found that.

I still call this "set up incorrectly". The correct way to use the body requires using the HUD to click on BOM and Mask...

and the way to not be a soft-griefer when using the body requires rezzing the Mod copy and deleting about 60-80 pieces of mesh from it... because yeah...

(Fortunately this is easier to do than it sounds, but seriously...)

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I still call this "set up incorrectly". The correct way to use the body requires using the HUD to click on BOM and Mask...

and the way to not be a griefer when using the body requires rezzing the Mod copy and deleting about 60-80 pieces of mesh from it... because yeah...

(Fortunately this is easier to do than it sounds, but seriously...)

Agreed. I'd argue that BoM should automatically enable Mask mode, otherwise BoM alphas don't work and a lot of users won't have a clue why (then post in group chats, and get a lot of incorrect information given to them, including "change your WL to CalWL").

I could still repurpose my script to automatically unlink the onion layers (and potentially do automatic cleanup of the unused links), but that'd be something for me to do another day if anyone is interested.

On 8/30/2021 at 12:20 PM, s2Pandora said:

A few might pick it up again, but I also don't think it'll be at levels it once was. They waited too long. Only way I can see them gaining some ground would require a lot of advertising.

Me to agree.. but I was put off by the fact they offer no excuse. You get a loyal follow

ing then you drop off the face of SL, do not answer inquiries about your product then b cause you finally got around to getting on board with every other mesh body. And Erika is a prime example of creators keeping up and fixing their product.. meh to little to late for me. 

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Did you get a redelivery? My mAlt body was not registered there. Maybe Belleza has changed redelivery system. He bought the body in 2019.

There are two terminals; one for Shyla Diggs and one for Tricky Boucher. Click on Tricky's terminal and hopefully you should see your past body purchase.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

There are two terminals; one for Shyla Diggs and one for Tricky Boucher. Click on Tricky's terminal and hopefully you should see your past body purchase.

Aha! What a clumsy way to do it. Is it even some information? (Disclaimer: I did not look very hard to find out why it was 2 terminals. I thought it was because they expected a crowd and it would go faster)

Update: Eddy 👍❤️

Edited by Marianne Little

On 8/30/2021 at 6:20 PM, s2Pandora said:

A few might pick it up again, but I also don't think it'll be at levels it once was. They waited too long. Only way I can see them gaining some ground would require a lot of advertising.

The male body has their size included in every pack of clothes I find. Even if the neck fit and splayed hands was really bad. But then, the male bodies has a small market, and the Legacy body is too expensive. But I did not know that Signature had increased their price so much.

If bloggers like @Skell Daggerpost about the Belleza Jake now, it might be an uptick. Especially if the body is half price a bit longer.

On 8/30/2021 at 4:55 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

I lost the ability to use the HUD because I messed up the order of the linksets, but that's fine, and if I were to unlink it in a more careful manner I might prevent that problem.

The links all appear to be named, so with a script reset to re-read them, I would think that would have fixed it? Getting rid of all those parts is on my list for myself and some people I'm helping, but they do use their HUD, so I hesitate.

On 8/31/2021 at 3:21 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

OMG this is gonna be huge for male avatars. Jake was still in the top three, this just might leapfrog it to THE top choice for guys. Especially if it remains cheaper than Gianni.

On 8/31/2021 at 12:10 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

I think the update puts Gianni under more threat than it does Erika. Jake was always the best looking male body - that just didn't work anymore due to the neck and the hands splay. Now it's the best with those issues fixed and 1/4th the price of the others, plus Copy/Mod.

- Male bodies are going to have a lot more to answer for than the female ones.

As someone that's long preferred Aesthetic simply because it was modify but grudgingly used Gianni for the clothing options, Jake being released modify made me immediately switch.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

The links all appear to be named, so with a script reset to re-read them, I would think that would have fixed it? Getting rid of all those parts is on my list for myself and some people I'm helping, but they do use their HUD, so I hesitate.

Funny I didn't think to try that...

Will have to.

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Did you get a redelivery? My mAlt body was not registered there. Maybe Belleza has changed redelivery system. He bought the body in 2019.

My original Jake body was 2017 and yes I got a redelivery. But there are 2 Belleza sellers and 2 redelivery terminals in the store. Did you check them both?

9 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

and the way to not be a soft-griefer when using the body requires rezzing the Mod copy and deleting about 60-80 pieces of mesh from it... because yeah...

My concern with doing this is that it will disable use of the HUD.  I don't mind losing the ability to use the alpha sections, and feet height I can wear separately as you suggested, but what about other things on the hud like hand position (which I find I still have to re-set every time I log in), nail texture & nipple texture (yes I could mod them for tint, but I don't have access to the textures).

Does removing all the unwanted pieces disable those features too or is it only hiding alpha sections that is lost?

6 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

My original Jake body was 2017 and yes I got a redelivery. But there are 2 Belleza sellers and 2 redelivery terminals in the store. Did you check them both?

I already got it explained. ;) I never thought the seller changed from Tricky to Shyla.

I thought they put up 2 terminals just to avoid people waiting to use one terminal.

But all good now. I got his update, and I already bought a body for another avatar that only had the freebie from former TMP, now Meshbody.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I already got it explained. ;) I never thought the seller changed from Tricky to Shyla.

I thought they put up 2 terminals just to avoid people waiting to use one terminal.

But all good now. I got his update, and I already bought a body for another avatar that only had the freebie from former TMP, now Meshbody.

I think maybe Tricky does the bodies and Shyla does the skins (or some of them)

7 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

My concern with doing this is that it will disable use of the HUD.  I don't mind losing the ability to use the alpha sections, and feet height I can wear separately as you suggested, but what about other things on the hud like hand position (which I find I still have to re-set every time I log in), nail texture & nipple texture (yes I could mod them for tint, but I don't have access to the textures).

Does removing all the unwanted pieces disable those features too or is it only hiding alpha sections that is lost?

I tried it out and my fear is confirmed; removing parts from the body make the entire hud useless as it no longer recognises the body as valid.

Which means I am gonna have to repeat the whole process and save a separate body (or at least separate hands) for every nail polish that I want to use, and I am also going to need to buy a third party bento hand animator.

Nope right out of that.

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The male body has their size included in every pack of clothes I find. Even if the neck fit and splayed hands was really bad. But then, the male bodies has a small market, and the Legacy body is too expensive. But I did not know that Signature had increased their price so much.

If bloggers like @Skell Daggerpost about the Belleza Jake now, it might be an uptick. Especially if the body is half price a bit longer.

I should hope so. I personally love tf out of Belleza bodies. My male alt i've never had issues with the splayed hands on when it comes to Jake personally, but i've seen it happen to guys in places.. always good for a giggle. It's moreso the female bodies that might have a harder time. As you said, the male body market is smaller and Jake's always in those as even given the problems a lot of guys still used it.

Sure a lot of ladies still use Belleza but I see so many Kupras these days that it's nauseating(I REALLY don't like the look of it).

I hadn't known about Signature's increase either. Glad i'd gotten my dude that body back when I did lol.

Blogging could help, but I think Belleza needs to do more than just make them BOM. As shown in this thread, they'd have to fix some of the mesh issues. Or just come out with a new body. That'd do it. People love shiny, new things on SL.

May come off a bit negative in the grand scheme of things, so I apologize for that, but i'd rather keep expectations low and be surprised than end up disappointed.

43 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

My male alt i've never had issues with the splayed hands on when it comes to Jake personally, but i've seen it happen to guys in places.. always good for a giggle.

That was the problem, you never see it on yourself, only on others. You only know if someone tells you, or if you're logged in with another alt at the same time and you're watching.

But basically, every teleport would cause the hands to splay for others, even if you didn't see it yourself. My poor alt had to keep the hud on and re-select hand poses after every teleport, just to be sure.

• Like 1

Jake-low-poly-mod.thumb.jpg.298a75fe4b36dfb54780fc2f03301fea.jpg

I deleted unused parts. Basically, as mentioned in this thread:

1. Set up the mod version of the body how you want it.

2. Detach and rez this body.

3. Edit the body.

4. Unlink all parts.

5. Edit all the visible skin parts and sort them away from the pile of invisible parts. (CTRL+ALT+t)

6. Assemble the body so you know it's all there.

7. Create a prim, name it.

8. Edit a body part, press SHIFT, and continue clicking parts until they are all selected. (Move selection to see if any parts are not selected yet.)

9. Finally, select the prim you made and link all parts.

10. Edit the body, click "Edit linked" and select the root prim you made. Make it invisible (100 % transparent).

11. Take the body into your inventory (and find it in Objects folder). Right-click on it and attach it to anything but your right hand!

Jake-Edited.thumb.jpg.bc67cb8f40f6e8674fe832714d9585f0.jpg

2 hours ago, Karly Kiyori said:

I tried it out and my fear is confirmed; removing parts from the body make the entire hud useless as it no longer recognises the body as valid.

Which means I am gonna have to repeat the whole process and save a separate body (or at least separate hands) for every nail polish that I want to use, and I am also going to need to buy a third party bento hand animator.

Nope right out of that.

I just dismantled one of the bodies and you're right about the nails, they no longer work, but the poses do (as long as you remember to keep the root prim as root).

And even if it didn't work, there's no need to buy a 3rd party AO, just rip the poses out of the Belleza hands and make your own.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.