Forum profile fluff gone?

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Probably because someone convinced LL all those things were bad and causing people to fight on the forums when that simply isn't the case. And of course, they yank it all the day after I finally decide to change my title to something amusing. "reached for the stars, got bit by ants" must have offended someone greatly. Control freaks. 🙄

So much for LL's policy on tolerance.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Figures -- remove the fun stuff.

Yeah .. Now when I write something borderline mean I won't appear an apparently likable meanie, just a meanie. Huffs

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe there were folks setting those to things that required moderator action.

Well if that's the case, they might just shut the forums down. People still write mean and offensive things in posts - so obviously posting would have to be disabled as well!

I did have a rather amusing incident when I'd put my title to 'Enthusiast of ...' (something that apparently is terribly controversial), in a unicode Fraktur script, and at some point a moderator changed it - also in the same unicode script, so I didn't even notice for I don't know how long, to 'Enthusiast of Eucalyptus'. When I finally noticed it made me laugh. And smile, as it made me realise that the 'eu' in 'eucalyptus' also comes from the meaning 'well/good' ('calyptus' coming from 'kalypto', meaning 'cover' - and this is how we learn things!).

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And the Leaderboard stuff is still there: https://community.secondlife.com/pastleaders/

Hm, I'd assume it's a bug then as it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to keep the leaderboards if the reputation function is gone. I know a lot of folks have whinged about it for a long time (usually the ones whose post-to-reputation ratio is bad - I reckon it's all jealousy!), but I hope LL won't give in to the demands of an obnoxiously vocal minority.

• Like 2

I have a neighbor that chops down all the Simarouba amara on his property every 5 to 10 years.  People see this and freak out, asking why he removed all the flowering walnut trees, apparently unaware they are actually just HUGE WEEDS that look pretty good until they get so large the nut load on them starts breaking them down.  I once suggested a more frequent and less extreme pruning but he stated that since they don't bring in any money it's not worth the effort.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Josephine Carissa said:

Hello Orwar,

i think they just did some kind of update a few minutes ago.....i was unable to get to the forum because of that.

Josephine

Same experience here. Could be coincidence, or could even be that "some kind of update" had a specific goal of ridding the forum of this particular fluff, but I'd wager the fluff is only temporarily unavailable while the forum software limps along until somebody finds a more complete solution to whatever ails it.

13 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Same experience here. Could be coincidence, or could even be that "some kind of update" had a specific goal of ridding the forum of this particular fluff, but I'd wager the fluff is only temporarily unavailable while the forum software limps along until somebody finds a more complete solution to whatever ails it.

Per the Invision forums, the 4.6 release intentionally removed custom titles and reputation points showing on the left side with our name -- though with some modifications, those items can be restored.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/462409-46-how-to-restore-custom-member-titles/

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/462326-current-ranks-–-and-–-reputation/

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.