Forum profile fluff gone?

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Just keep your mouse pointer on your name a few seconds, and there are the points.
I just added one on your account. I hope it helps.  :)

Now THAT is a cool feature! There are other things there as well. Very handy

4 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:
21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

However, the "last won the day" still display on the forum profile page:

image.png.0756a097354f48b2ffd4e625cacae623.png

And the Leaderboard stuff is still there: https://community.secondlife.com/pastleaders/

So is the leaderboard page, so I think the numbers are still out there just not in your face every day

Yes, that would be why I had that comment about the Leaderboard in my post --- bolded in the quote above.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:
5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Just keep your mouse pointer on your name a few seconds, and there are the points.
I just added one on your account. I hope it helps.  :)

Now THAT is a cool feature! There are other things there as well. Very handy

That part has always been there.  It's the fastest way to add someone to your "ignore" list.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes, that would be why I had that comment about the Leaderboard in my post --- bolded in the quote above.

Yeah that's what I get for just reading the first line of posts.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, Tommy Linden said:

Hello!

I want to assure everyone we did not intend to remove member titles, and I do see that some member titles have been messed up. This should all be corrected now and I have implemented the work around on having the titles in there in some fashion. The recent update made some changes, and we are working on implementing other fun stuff for the forums as well.

we so need a cookie button.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Apparently you no longer need to reach a large post count to add a custom 'title' below the Resident.

How do you know that?  You have over 3,300 posts.  Do you know someone with less than 500 posts that have a title set?

8 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Apparently you no longer need to reach a large post count to add a custom 'title' below the Resident.

On the plus side, no more people having to spam pointless posts to get to make their own vanity title ..

.. But then, it must feel just a little sour for the people who 'struggled' to get there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Orwar said:

.. But then, it must feel just a little sour for the people who 'struggled' to get there. 

dunno about sour but I think would be very sweet of Moddy Linden to give me another 500 reputations for all them posts I had to make up give deep thoughtful consideration to, just to let people know they can call me Molly if they want 😸

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

jOvfFXq.png

Answers can no longer be down voted.

I remember when Facebook did away with the thumbs-down button. Suddenly, when you were talking absolute bollocks, you couldn't see anyone disagreeing with you - except for the 'trolls' in the comment section which obviously aren't intelligent enough to understand your point of view anyway, so their opinions don't count. 

.. And then the flat-earth society grew .. All around the globe .. (certainly not just because of that, but I don't think it helped). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Another change I noticed was that the forums take you to the top of the thread instead of the latest comments. I was scrolling down constantly to read the new stuff and thinking, "Wait a minute. I wasn't doing all this scrolling before". Anyways, it can be changed in your forum settings.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

Another change I noticed was that the forums take you to the top of the thread instead of the latest comments. I was scrolling down constantly to read the new stuff and thinking, "Wait a minute. I wasn't doing all this scrolling before". Anyways, it can be changed in your forum settings.

Mine stayed the same.  First new post.

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

OMG THANK YOU

dPPvpJW.png

Edited by Coffee Pancake
added pic .. wrong pic.. try again

When I click the thread title I get the first post in the thread.

When I click the bullet to the left of the thread title, I get oldest un-read post in the thread.

If the bullet to the left of the title is grey, there are no un-read posts in the thread.

If the bullet to the left of the title is round, I have not posted to the thread.

If the bullet to the left of the title is a star, I have posted to the thread. 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2021 at 8:46 PM, Orwar said:

On the plus side, no more people having to spam pointless posts to get to make their own vanity title ..

But, that doesn't include you? 🤫...because reputation and kudos and all that is just about vanity really, isn't it? Maybe it's good it's gone. I can say so because as you can see, I don't post for good opinions, just say what I think and don't care what others think about it. I mean isn't it just a case of you gvie me kudos and I'll give you some back. A popularity contest, really. It's is a bit childish.

Why is it so important to people to know what others think of them? It comes from insecurity.

Edited by Rya Nitely
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

But, that doesn't include you?

Nah, I wasn't in any hurry. I don't think I changed mine until around 1,000 posts in rather than 500.

5 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

because reputation and kudos and all that is just about vanity really, isn't it?

On most forums I've participated there has been some sort of reputation system, some including more elaborate things like badges that get listed under the profile picture - whether just for participation, or for displaying how many years you've been active, whether you've got specific DLC to the video game the forum is about on such where those apply, whether you've won forum contests or been rewarded by moderators for your contributions either through being helpful in answering questions, or creating informative content, and for some forums even virtual medals from contests won in the real world (particularly in the model building community).

These forums are becoming terribly sterile, and whilst it appears this change wasn't LL's decision but a software update which changed the UI - after so many days of it not being reverted, it's beginning to seem as if LL agrees with the changes, and since they've made no statement on their position but rather just quietly go with the flow, one will have to guess - and it's probably because of the (actually childish) equality-crowd whinging about how unfair it is that their contributions aren't appreciated as much as that of others.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.