Never leave MP open

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So as a person that been here a while, I always check MP's top-selling products page. Of course, my MP is set to show all product ratings.
I have to use the computer in the living while I sit on the couch due to a recent leg injury not allowing me to bend my knee.
I check the page, giggle at some of the products, then got off the couch, leaving the top products page open, and walk into my garden to get a little sunshine.  
My father-in-law stopped in, and we told them at this time to walk in and yell hello as it takes me a bit to get off the couch to answer the door.
 If you have seen the top products page in full ratings, it is full of butt holes, female private parts, and seaman systems.
When I walk into the living room from outside, my in-law is standing in the living room looking straight at my screen, talking on his phone in a whisper, and I hear, "it's full of sick, sick, deprived images."
Then he notices me and says loudly, "ok dear, and I just got here, I  will pick you up at work.", looks at me and says, " I'm going to pick (wife name here) at work." and walks out the door.
My wife is an SL singer for 11 years and checks top product daily, too...but I can not wait until I hear what was said on their ride. It should be here in minutes..

UPDATE

So when they returned, we had a little Secondlife lesson showing and explaining what he saw. He is a retired salesman who sold cars to international businesses and understood that many of these things might be odd, but sales is a sale in his book. I am a script developer in SL for 14 years on two accounts. I make geeky games like D&D style quest to Blackjack; after I showed him my games/site and sim, I now have a new critic..."See what you need to do to make it better is this..." by the end of last night he made a free account and claims "I'm going to teach you how to be better branded and sales-ready." ...I should have told him I am into butt  MP holes and female parts and endure the odd holiday dinners...

Edited by TheDarkhand
update
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Its more being signed in to MP than being on MP. I never sign in until I’m ready to purchase something, then I sign in, make my purchase, and sign out. That eliminates most of what I think your seeing, you need to be signed in to see SLex things, and a lot more, but that does not interest me so I sign in purchase and sign out, cleans up what you see considerably.

My partner would not be in the slightest bit surprised to see such "depraved images" in my browser history but I definitely wouldn't leave them where his mother could see them. It wouldn't be worth the ear-ache.

• Like 2

Anyone gazing at your desktop, tell them to hand you their phone, because it's your turn to go looking through their stuff.

Any time I'm away from my computer, I just do a restart anyways. Not that there is anything on there.. I just don't want anyone jumping on it and messing things up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheDarkhand said:

seaman systems

Right, in case you need a crew for your warship.

It seems obvious to me that before walking away from the computer at the very least you bring up a page that anyone could see. Like maybe a recipe for lamb chops, Just imagine if you father in law saw that, he would think you were planning on making a nice dinner for his daughter.

• Like 1

Interesting. I logged out and back in since I keep my MP up all the time and not one butt hole, female private parts or seaman system to be found.  There is a picture of a naked Kupra shape under "what are customers buying now" but it's so small you'd have to be sitting right in front to see it.  

What page did you have up exactly?

• Like 1

I tried and came to the conclusion that the best selling products option is not really helpful for me.
But it shows perfectly why SL is still around after 18 years despite of all the sometimes even basic flaws the platform still suffers from.
Almost all people say they come to SL to explore, but obviously a lot of them don't mean the nice Bellisserian scenery or other builds then.

Thinking of SL all of a sudden a James Brown hit comes to my mind, which title I better not mention here.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

I tried and came to the conclusion that the best selling items option is not really helpful for me.
But it shows perfectly why SL is still around after 18 years despite of all the sometimes even basic flaws the platform still suffers from.
Almost all people say they come to SL to explore, but obviously a lot of them aren't talking about the nice Bellisserian scenery or other buids then.

I never use that feature either.  If I'm on MP,  I'm usually looking for something specific.  Apparel, women's, shorts, etc.  I might narrow it by newest but that usually the extent of my filtering.  

I'm not surprised by the first item.  Coming into SL and realizing your male avatar is a Ken doll is probably a bit shocking.  At least females have breasts and some semblance of a nether region.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Its more being signed in to MP than being on MP. I never sign in until I’m ready to purchase something, then I sign in, make my purchase, and sign out. That eliminates most of what I think your seeing, you need to be signed in to see SLex things, and a lot more, but that does not interest me so I sign in purchase and sign out, cleans up what you see considerably.

top product is not filter by what you look at, it's the top selling products on marketplace plain and simple in the order of sales not by the users interest, it can be filter by rating but as stated I set my MP to all 3..

One simple solution to your predicament. Use different web browsers, dedicate one browser to SL related stuff while all your traffic is from the regular ones that you use. There are plenty of really good and secure web browsers now available and you can easily have many of them installed and used for different purposes :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.