So aliens are real.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I mean...if the two government agencies admitted there's something they can't explain flying around. It by definition is a Unidentified Flying Object. The fact that they're admitting it would imply that there's more that they're not telling that's even more terrifying.

UFO Footage From Pentagon Has Become the Butt of Twitter Jokes - Thrillist

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I bet he's saying the alien sightings are from other dimensions?

That is actually a marginally less implausible theory than somebody from another planet going on vacation on earth.

At this point I feel like I should say something about the difference between real science and quasi-science. Both often start off with absolutely crazy ideas and both are actually usually wrong at the beginning so it can often be har to tell them apart. But true science admits it can be wrong and adjusts its ideas as and when new facts turn up. quasi-science does it the other way round, it tries to adjust the facts to fit its ideas.

"Sorry, I can't identify that flying object for you" turns into "Unidentified Flying Object" turns into "Aliens!"

LIDAR and other light sources can indeed destroy video camera sensors.  Consumer and most commercial cameras scan a matrix of sensor elements in a serial raster sort of way using a matrix so damage to matrix elements results in horizontal and/or vertical lines in the image, depending on the extent of the damage.  Some science and military application and a few commercial camera sensors read each element independently without any signal matrixing to reduce noise or increase sensitivity and in some applications sample the imaging sensor at very high sample rates compared to matrixed sensors.  When the non-matrixed sensors are damaged by light there are no horizontal or vertical line artifacts generated in the resulting image.  What you get more closely resembles over-exposed photographic film.  And yes, the damage tends to be permanent.  (I have replaced a few $30,000 imaging sensors because some yutz did something stupid like using the science camera outside in Sunlight or in front of a car with a 1550 nanometer wavelength LIDAR system in operation.)

Actually those are Second Life sims floating in the air and then falling into the ocean.  I mean when they do those rolling restarts and the region disappears off the screen, it's gotta go SOMEWHERE.

Either way, I had nothing to do with it.  No, really.  Nothing at all.

UFO_001.thumb.png.eab4fc91b60a11ad1000486b5ca11c74.png115021394_UFO2_001.thumb.png.d7489c21d995c0a15c49b729a9cb9e2a.png

8 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

The US Air Force and US government is coming clean and fully admitting that there are flying objects in the sky with technology that is advanced by thousands of years. These aren’t uncommon encounters. They are very very common every single day type of encounters. 

Aliens are real. What do you feel about this? Are some of us aliens right now? *looks at Gopi*  👽

Not buying it,  they love to use cover stories for new developments in their testing fields,   Aliens with FTL ability are not coming here peacefully,  7 billion people,   ohh look work force,   tons of natural resources, yay strip it.   

if it's not  the vulcans,  they can go fly a kite on mars.

3 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Not buying it,  they love to use cover stories for new developments in their testing fields,   Aliens with FTL ability are not coming here peacefully,  7 billion people,   ohh look work force,   tons of natural resources, yay strip it.  

Aliens with FTL technology have access to unlimited resources. There will be a world in easy reach with whatever they need, in quantity, just laying about on the surface or in orbit, with no pesky natives mucking up the place. (assuming they can't be bothered to just synthetize it from scratch)

As workforces go, we're pretty rubbish too. Even we've figured out robots go brrrr.

Lets just hope dark forest theory isn't correct.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Aliens with FTL technology have access to unlimited resources. There will be a world in easy reach with whatever they need, in quantity, just laying about on the surface or in orbit, with no pesky natives mucking up the place. (assuming they can't be bothered to just synthetize it from scratch)

As workforces go, we're pretty rubbish too. Even we've figured out robots go brrrr.

Lets just hope dark forest theory isn't correct.

I'm going to stick by my theory with if they exist they are coming here for just what I figure they would, as of right now.   They are not real, sure there might be life out there,  which there is, but they are not coming here and visiting, people are wishful for such, but I'm not buying it until I am face to face or they have them on tv in a world meeting type setting,   so right now,  and people love to think other wise,  that crap they are saying "out of this world technology" is bs, they know it's bs, they know it's either ours and they are covering their butt's or it's one of the other developed nations having a go,   it's like with all the bs surrounding "area 51"  groomlake airforce base, was nothign really more than new testing ground for the likes of jpl and such for spy planes and other equipment.

4 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I'm going to stick by my theory with if they exist they are coming here for just what I figure they would, as of right now.   They are not real, sure there might be life out there,  which there is, but they are not coming here and visiting, people are wishful for such, but I'm not buying it until I am face to face or they have them on tv in a world meeting type setting,   so right now,  and people love to think other wise,  that crap they are saying "out of this world technology" is bs, they know it's bs, they know it's either ours and they are covering their butt's or it's one of the other developed nations having a go,   it's like with all the bs surrounding "area 51"  groomlake airforce base, was nothign really more than new testing ground for the likes of jpl and such for spy planes and other equipment.

Sure the Borg may be out there, but I’ve always been more hopeful that there would be a benign ‘Federation of Planets’. 🖖 

• Haha 1

Aliens could be an anti-virus that is blending in with the population, which over time kills off the virus, leaving just them and everything they wanted to keep...

They are probably breeding the human race out with their really smoking sexy steaming pheromones, (crap did I say that out loud?) as well as  raising the global temperatures and sea levels to their comfort for really amazing beach parties with the women of planet earth..

It's all starting to make sense now..

hehehe

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.