So aliens are real.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Where, though?

Checked the front pages of BBC, CNN, and SVT today. Nothing about aliens there. Although apparently a batch of liver pudding has been recalled so I've got to check my fridge. :|

UFOs are real but that doesn't mean we've been visited by aliens - CNET

UFOs are real, feds’ cover-up fueled by fear: ex-Pentagon boss (nypost.com)

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

If aliens did exist on our planet, I wouldn't blame the powers that be for keeping it closed off to the general public.  I always thought people would be able to handle it well, however, after seeing how we have handled elections, and a pandemic, I no longer have faith in society as a whole and could see having that kind of knowledge would drive members of our society to insanity and violent acts.  I remain skeptical that they exist, because people are prone to error, and also prone to jump to conclusions.  If aliens really existed, and the government knew about and unleased all of their evidence, I would expect more than blurry pictures and accounts from pilots.  At the very least I would expect high quality pictures, especially considering how many cameras we have today.  

What we almost  always get now, are still the same kind of blurry and out of focus pictures we have been seeing for decades.  With all of that said, I do think it would be awesome if aliens have been hanging out with us for years, I mean unless they were satanic space lizard humanoids that wanted to enslave us.. because they are really lousy at robotics and ai.  But, considering we currently are worried about robotics taking over the jobs in the US, I think the enslavement angle is a bit off - I would expect space travelling aliens to be far more capable.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

The US Air Force and US government is coming clean and fully admitting that there are flying objects in the sky with technology that is advanced by thousands of years. These aren’t uncommon encounters. They are very very common every single day type of encounters. 

Aliens are real. What do you feel about this? Are some of us aliens right now? *looks at Gopi* 👽

On 9/2/2012 at 7:05 PM, Bree Giffen said:

Should we treat people who believe in God as people who are mentally disabled? If you see an adult who still truly believes in Santa Claus you would immediately discount them as having some kind of mental ilness and certainly functioning as a truly lesser person. All kidding aside, to all the atheists here, why must we continue this charade that somehow these 'believers' possess something that we should we even discuss with them. How long must we talk with these child-minds? If I were to see a normal person constantly arguing the existence of Santa Claus with a crazy person, how long til you think that the normal person has a problem as well? That is us, the sane person, constantly holding a conversation with the ill. It's time to just stop. Treat them as they truly are. Show them compassion for their folly but do not let them eat at the adult table.

12 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

People can and do change their opinions about things in 9 years.

That's a lot of posts to go digging through for "dirt".

I got the impression Bree was just taking a poke at Gopi and Gopi took it in the spirit it was meant so no harm, no foul.

10 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

People can and do change their opinions about things in 9 years.

That's a lot of posts to go digging through for "dirt".

I got the impression Bree was just taking a poke at Gopi and Gopi took it in the spirit it was meant so no harm, no foul.

It's also in bad taste to create a thread to make fun of one that was closed by a moderator in the interest of keeping it going.

• Like 2

When looking out at the vastness of the night sky, it's hard for me to imagine we are/were/will be the only ones. It's equally hard for me to believe that any civilization capable of visiting us, and thinking we're worth the trip, would play hide-and-seek when they get here. They'd have nothing to fear, the technology they'd need for an interstellar/interdimensional flight would dwarf anything we think possible.

Meanwhile,  America's belief in ghosts is on the rise. Perhaps the DOD should launch an investigation there?

There is a belief that military pilots are somehow more reliable witnesses than the rest of us. My father was a WWII fighter pilot. Over the years he theorized that the reason the US Government doesn't release it's UFO research is that they don't want us to know just how gullible the military is, stating "I was a pilot. That should shake anyone's confidence."

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We must solve this problem before the day can go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theresa often points out contradictions, so I think she is pointing out that it's inconsistent that Bree would believe in aliens as she has stated previously that god is a fantasy or unreal.

I don't see the inconsistency myself, but I *think* I see what Theresa is trying to say..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Goodness, you mean Terence McKenna was right all along? 

I am way too lazy to listen to all that atm.

Can you summarize his thoughts for me?  I bet he's saying the alien sightings are from other dimensions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

If I see the US Air Force chasing down angels I’ll jump back on the religion bandwagon.

The bible describes a number of UFO's starting with Enoch, Ezekiel, Jesus, and in Revelations. There are also a number of old famous religious paintings with clear representations of UFO's in them. Angels were maybe piloting them. So yes think the stories we have of more modern day pilots trying to chase a few might make your statement a possible reality. 

• Haha 1

Personally I think it's logical to think aliens at least existed. Probably unlikely their timeline coincides with ours considering we've only been broadcasting our existence for 101 years meaning our footprint in the universe is 202 lightyears. There's at least 1500 stars in the range and considering how many things had to go right for Earth to become and remain habitable long enough for us to develop into intelligent beings it's probably unlikely the odds of another Earth that coincides on a timeline similar to our Earth in that range is better than 1 and 1500. The odds are probably much worse.

UFO's nope. Don't believe in them though xD.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The bible describes a number of UFO's starting with Enoch, Ezekiel, Jesus, and in Revelations. There are also a number of old famous religious paintings with clear representations of UFO's in them. Angels were maybe piloting them. So yes think the stories we have of more modern day pilots trying to chase a few might make your statement a possible reality. 

Source: Ancient Aliens?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There might be a few people who vacationed on Maui one day in July of 2007 who believe the lenticular clouds that formed over Puʻu Kukui were alien spacecraft. I don't know where they got the idea, but they were eager to believe it.

I had a tiny one park over my house some years back, forming on the thermocline between a balmy southwest breeze and a dome of cool air over Lake Michigan. It was truly wonderful to watch.

1422044235_ScreenShot2021-05-26at4_20_14PM.thumb.png.2dea8fe1e3f7f5bad417242f46095cbb.png

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Added a bit more detail.

4 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

What do you feel about this?

Hmm. That it can actually can be sort of disussed now, without calling folks nuts for simply entertaining whatever notion. Doesn't make you a UFO nut to have a semi-open mind.

I'm extremely sceptical, but I like the phrase "don't be a debunker just to be a debunker". Honest discussion etc. Seems to be going that way in a sense.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.