Catwa HD Pro Queen

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I don't like it at all with the skin it comes with. I only wear very pale / gothic skins on my main and I would be interested to know if anyone makes these for the new Catwa heads. 

Hi Stephanie.  I just bought all the group gifts from Enfer Sombre and you get about 12 gifts or so for 500 lindens to join the group.   She has many skins for young look but I have a more mature shape and even though she looks a bit like "baby face" to me in her style...I love her stuff and it's worth it to try and make an older shape if you don't want "baby face look".  She doesn't have one exactly for HDPRO Queen yet though.  Maybe check back.  Scroll down a bit and you will see some Vampire looks.  Some Vampire things come with the group gifts also.  Her lightest skin is Albino.

Enfer Sombre

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I don't like it at all with the skin it comes with. I only wear very pale / gothic skins on my main and I would be interested to know if anyone makes these for the new Catwa heads. 

Catwa HDPRO Skins

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mjbella/galleries/72157716173821608/

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Does anybody know of excisting skins (besides the included ones) that work well with this head? I demoed a few from GA but none looked good.

edit: Whoops. I'll try the Amara skin posted above, I hope it looks as good on the new Queen head.

Edited by MissBambi4U

At first I was disappointed when I put the head on, couldn't figure out the hud, etc. I was going to give up. But I forced myself to keep going. I wanted to give this head a chance and see what I could do with it. The skins included are a bit bleh for me, dull and do not stand out. So, this is what I did, I used a BOM skin from Tres Beau and tweaked the shape of the head. This is what I came up with, I really like it! It looks a lot like the Genus head that I used before this, but this head is more HD definitely.

https://gyazo.com/c7525d0e1dc2e73b528581e897892437

Edited to add: The skin is actually a Genus skin and looks great on this!

The only con thing, is the skin's default eyebrows are naturally a bit high. I've tried to use different eyebrow shapes and edited them but can't seem to get the eyebrows lower that doesn't look weird. This has nothing to do with the HD Pro head though, I had this same issue on Genus. It is the skin issue.

Edited by FelicityPage
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, MissBambi4U said:

Does anybody know of excisting skins (besides the included ones) that work well with this head? I demoed a few from GA but none looked good.

edit: Whoops. I'll try the Amara skin posted above, I hope it looks as good on the new Queen head.

Re skins. I tried a few on my alts and the 7DS skins worked the best. The WoW skin "made" for QUEEN didn't work for her.   Most current 7DS skins seem to be pretty neutral so far as fitting different heads.   So ones that looked good on Genus looked good on Queen etc.    

And I am glad to see someone else mentioning that skins for "other" heads work well sometimes.   

Free  7DS skin from The Free Dove that Moonlight was wearing on Genus Strong. Note she is using eBody Free body and so there is some neck seam issue :D.  

image.thumb.png.ba09d799f574e5110c7118b79422902a.png  

Current 7DS gift skin in the lightest of several tones (this comes browless as most of the new 7DS skins do.

image.thumb.png.513aef285a309a60fac851b03def0f90.png

• Like 1

I have always appreciated the free heads that have been on offer from all the vendors and I have managed to get them all.  I am quite impressed overall with the Queen head.  I like the aesthetic, the HUD is a massive improvement over the old one even though they haven't managed to quite achieve simplicity yet.

They have retained compatibility for existing Catwa and Omega appliers in HD Pro which in my opinion is a fantastic move for supporting your customers and their previous purchases and clearly one that could also have been taken by a certain other head maker despite assertions at the time that this wasn't possible when moving from their original line of heads to their new line.

It is an interesting choice that the head isn't in BoM mode when you put it on at this stage of the game but it took a couple of seconds to find where that option was, so no big deal.

I love the large amount of stuff given as part of the package, skin, piercings, BoM layers, etc.  Of course some of the other head makers have also included these types of things and it's not to be understated how much of a leg up this stuff can be when moving to another head.  One additional item which is a good thing is that the developer kit is included in the package now.  The Freya didn't include it which was a shame and an unnecessary omission that I am glad to see rectified.

I have never really been a fan of the way Catwa heads looked in the past.  I did like the Freya though it wasn't suitable for the kind of looks I favour.  With the Queen though, I could actually see myself wearing it on a daily basis which is a first for me with Catwa and one I never thought would happen.

It is an interesting time in the mesh head space right now, it is going to be interesting to see what effect this has on the range of make-ups, skins and other after-purchase products offered at events.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Re skins. I tried a few on my alts and the 7DS skins worked the best.

7DS skins are suprisingly versatile and often work between heads far better than most others I have seen.  I have used the ones based on Genus for Lelutka heads with Izzie's nose fix which looked great and now that 7DS is doing Lelutka based ones they seem to work really well with the Queen too with no fixers needed.  While playing around, I was using the L$75 Peppermint skin which looked really nice.

48 minutes ago, MissBambi4U said:

Try Cheap and Chic, they have free group to join and group gift skin. Huggies. :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Re skins. I tried a few on my alts and the 7DS skins worked the best. The WoW skin "made" for QUEEN didn't work for her.   Most current 7DS skins seem to be pretty neutral so far as fitting different heads.   So ones that looked good on Genus looked good on Queen etc.    

And I am glad to see someone else mentioning that skins for "other" heads work well sometimes.   

Free  7DS skin from The Free Dove that Moonlight was wearing on Genus Strong. Note she is using eBody Free body and so there is some neck seam issue :D.  

Current 7DS gift skin in the lightest of several tones (this comes browless as most of the new 7DS skins do.

Yes, I agree. Some 7DS skins look pretty good. Here is the Queen head with 7DS Hope skin in caramel with eyebrows from the Catwa HUD.

7ds.png

Edited by MissBambi4U
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

While the Catwa HUD makes me want to #ragequit, I am reasonably pleased with the Queen head for some of my alts.

The gift skin at Cheap & Chic looks really good on this head. 

obvious.jpg

Kind of reminds me of Rose in Titanic. :o 

• Like 1

I got the head for my main and some alts.

At first, my only complain was the HUD, but now I'm getting used to it. It took me a while to understand the dynamic of this new HUD. And I have to say that I also don't like the head with the skins that come with it, but after trying other skins, I felt in love with Queen. Hope to see more skins for it.

However, I still don't know if I will use it on my main avatar. For now I alternate between Genus Classic and Lelutka Fleur on my daily use. Catwa Queen is a great head, but it will depend a lot on the skin I find for it.

Meanwhile, I have been playing with some looks. The head has a good response to the sliders. The first one is a shape I'm working on for a friend. The skin is Sammy from Deetalez. The second one is the shape included with the head and a Glam Affair skin named Isobel. On the third picture, I'm using the same Glam Affair skin, but in another tone. I'm working on this one for an alt.

1889011333_Astara-AetherMothSeptum(AddMe)_0081.thumb.png.55836cd89221322d990fae3ca93958f5.png

791503397_Astara-AetherMothSeptum(AddMe)_0093.thumb.png.0baa8eabe623bba899eaa6cc4e9a02df.png

364801483_Astara-AetherMothSeptum(AddMe)_0071.thumb.png.bcf1a54af8cb1227738c95b2fa6bcfd2.png

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

I found many skins for Genus also look quite gorgeous on the Catwa HDPRO

On one of the alts I upgraded from GENUS Strange W002 to Catwa Queen, this skin (along with a few others from her old collection, mostly by same creator) fits her new head perfectly:

DISCOUNT 50% 30% at Okinawa

I vote for number 2 :D

6 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Hi Stephanie.  I just bought all the group gifts from Enfer Sombre and you get about 12 gifts or so for 500 lindens to join the group.   She has many skins for young look but I have a more mature shape and even though she looks a bit like "baby face" to me in her style...I love her stuff and it's worth it to try and make an older shape if you don't want "baby face look".  She doesn't have one exactly for HDPRO Queen yet though.  Maybe check back.  Scroll down a bit and you will see some Vampire looks.  Some Vampire things come with the group gifts also.  Her lightest skin is Albino.

Enfer Sombre

Are they BoM compatible? I meant, are these classic skin or skin appliers? I see them the first time. They look really special. I found the shop on the market. Some are BoM. What about the group gifts? Are they BoM too? 12 for 500 sounds like a good offer.

Edited by Doc Carling

On 3/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, Janet Voxel said:

So as to not stink up the Lelutka head thread any more than it has been shotted up.

Catwa is running a 1 day promo for one day March 25 for 1L on marketplace.

CATWA QUEEN PROMO

What do you guys think? Is one day going to be enough? Is it going to break MP?

Well, I have not been online in a few days, at least lelutka gave people time to actually get a head... 1 day? really....smh

27 minutes ago, Michalya said:

@Tarina Sewell

No it was still available at least an hour ago when I got it 

still available on the region(s) at 1:06AM PDT, Saturday 27 March 2021

if go to the Catwa region, then the Landmarks to the vendor regions are in the black mat on the ground at the landing point. Touch to get. Each region has heaps of vendors

edit add

ps. I just noticed that I got a IM from a Catwa bot that gave me the LMs as links in the IM

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think it takes older skins very well...

The issue with old skins is that I have to buy "fixes" to remove black eyeline and that black "lump" that is in the inner eye corner. Pre mesh head era had skins with eyeliner into the corners, period.

Where do you get these fixes from? Just izzie's or somewhere else too?

8 hours ago, DemeraraGirl said:

I

1889011333_Astara-AetherMothSeptum(AddMe)_0081.thumb.png.55836cd89221322d990fae3ca93958f5.png

791503397_Astara-AetherMothSeptum(AddMe)_0093.thumb.png.0baa8eabe623bba899eaa6cc4e9a02df.png

364801483_Astara-AetherMothSeptum(AddMe)_0071.thumb.png.bcf1a54af8cb1227738c95b2fa6bcfd2.png

when I heard about this offer yesterday, I was all like meh! I have a old school pre-bento mesh head that is me and well yanno

then I saw these pics and I was like ooooo! So i went and got it

if you never posted these then I still be all meh. So thanks!

not sure if I will change but I will have a play and see how close I can get it to me. If so then maybe

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.