Catwa HD Pro Queen

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

The shop regions named in the catwa profile are full. And none of 4 other region links work to me yet. Can someone please exlplain me what's so special about a Catwa head that people are so crazy for it? I looked the pictures of the face. They are pretty, yes. But with a custom shape I can easily achieve a similar look with other heads. Is it the HUD that makes it so attractive? Or just because a 5000 L product is suddenly available for 1 L?

I love Catwa heads but the one they're selling for 1L today is just so ugly. 😅

I know they change with the shape but still. I wish they did this sale with a prettier one. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

The shop regions named in the catwa profile are full. And none of 4 other region links work to me yet. Can someone please exlplain me what's so special about a Catwa head that people are so crazy for it? I looked the pictures of the face. They are pretty, yes. But with a custom shape I can easily achieve a similar look with other heads. Is it the HUD that makes it so attractive? Or just because a 5000 L product is suddenly available for 1 L?

I wanted it because I haven't invested in a mesh head yet and it's pretty, so why not. I think I could get the face I want from it. But oh well; there are other options, and I can go around with my system head stuck on my mesh body a little longer. 

17 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

I dunno what do you FIND so special about it that you keep complaining about not getting it? xD

Just assume others want it for similar reason that you want and just be patient :P  

I keep complaining?  I must have missed this part. It's my first post. lol Sure, I tried to enter. But not desperately. I'm curious of course. I assure you it is not the price. Nice to get a head for free, but if I really  want a Catwa head, I buy one. Catwa isn't new to me. I tried demos. But I don't know. There were not so good that I spontaneously said, wow, I must have it. Perhaps for 1000 - 1500 I would buy one.

Edited by Doc Carling

4 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I wanted it because I haven't invested in a mesh head yet and it's pretty, so why not. I think I could get the face I want from it. But oh well; there are other options, and I can go around with my system head stuck on my mesh body a little longer. 

Try the Genus strong face head. When I remember right somethere in the thread was mentioned that it is still available for free.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I can go around with my system head stuck on my mesh body a little longer. 

Oh, classic heads can be very pretty. And if one uses BoM one doesn't need HUDs with fancy make up features. 

29 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

I love Catwa heads but the one they're selling for 1L today is just so ugly. 😅

I know they change with the shape but still. I wish they did this sale with a prettier one. 

1 L, yes. I don't understand them anyway. In my opinion even a head for 500 L had caused the same run.

Edited by Doc Carling

2 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Oh, classic heads can be very pretty. And if one uses BoM one doesn't need HUDs with fancy make up features. 

I'm liking it a lot better now that I've found some skins and makeup sets to experiment with--my main gripe with my original look was that it was kinda washed out. And I don't look forward to having to resize a bunch of hair! 😄 I just got on the BOM bus recently, so I'll still be able to wear all this makeup if and when I switch over.

5 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I'm liking it a lot better now that I've found some skins and makeup sets to experiment with--my main gripe with my original look was that it was kinda washed out. And I don't look forward to having to resize a bunch of hair! 😄 I just got on the BOM bus recently, so I'll still be able to wear all this makeup if and when I switch over.

Good luck. :) If people tell you how horrible complicate BoM ist, don't believe them a word.  Actually the basics are easy to learn.

• Like 1

Just now, Doc Carling said:

Good luck. :) If people tell you how horrible complicate BoM ist, don't believe them a word.  Actually the basics are easy to learn.

I read about 2034652874365028743 articles and concluded it was hard as hell, and then did it and found that it was insanely easy. And opened up some more wardrobe options.

• Like 3

Just now, BookishMelinoe said:

I read about 2034652874365028743 articles and concluded it was hard as hell, and then did it and found that it was insanely easy. And opened up some more wardrobe options.

I keep making BoM masks for my avatar just so I can save them into outfit and don't have to use my body HUD.

• Like 2

Now I finally tested the head on myself. I can't say it makes me leave my beloved Lelutka head. This Queen head is better than the Freya head. I can see that many will love it. But the HUD is really, really complicated. I have read some long instruction about what every tab does... I need only 25 - 30% of them, max. I prefer the Lelutka HUD. 

Maybe it was much ado about nothing. But if I didn't get it, it would nag me. All in all.... a great gift. 

The Genus Strong head is still free, I like it as much, even if it's hasn't been updated for a long time, has a bit wonky eyes and the neck fit could be better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Bom is really just the system clothing system extended to mesh. It baffles me how little time it takes for the SL user community to collectively forget what was considered to be the very basics :/

Maybe that's why I took to it. I'm enough of a noob that I was using the system clothing not that long ago anyway. 😄

On 3/24/2021 at 7:40 AM, Janet Voxel said:

So as to not stink up the Lelutka head thread any more than it has been shotted up.

Catwa is running a 1 day promo for one day March 25 for 1L on marketplace.

CATWA QUEEN PROMO

What do you guys think? Is one day going to be enough? Is it going to break MP?

An unmitigated disaster. #MPHindenburg

I loved the major edged soft.. i was apprihensive about even trying the free Lel Lily head.. but then I fell in love with that... and now catwa puts out another HD pro head.. and its so pretty on me. I was lucky to grab it 30 mins into the release.. chill with the competion guys ! *flails* decisions are hard for me!

Just now, Jaide Beck said:

Catwa Queen head is at the store. I purchased the promo head for 1L. It took me about 4-5 tries, but I'm premium so I suppose that is why? Normally it would be a lot longer. O: 

I bought the Hdpro Majer Soft head and the Sasa head and now I have queen head and I also have the Nova head from Lelutka and a few AK heads and laq. :o So many decisions. *faints* 😛 

• Like 1

I heard she extended it for another day, or two. I just made a video telling people it is only today. *rolls eyes* LOL 😛 I'm not being mean I just wish I knew that's all, I'm just being silly. 😛 

Edited by Jaide Beck

On 3/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, FairreLilette said:

It looks pretty good on me.  But, then again, on the plus side, I could end up being the only Catya head on the grid.  LOL  (This is meant as a sort of joke - but I forgets how to work BOM right now BUT I'll figure it out.)

Snapshot_715 (2).jpg

Under skin click "bom" hope that helped, unless you already figured it out. :)

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

But the HUD is really, really complicated. I have read some long instruction about what every tab does... I need only 25 - 30% of them, max. I prefer the Lelutka HUD. 

I agree with this. It makes me want to leave Catwa. I get so frustrated using the HUD. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.