Catwa HD Pro Queen

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

Where do you get these fixes from? Just izzie's or somewhere else too?

It's been a while since I bought some. I was using a lot on the Freya head to make it look more masculine. It's a year ago and I think I bought only Izzie's.

I got tired of it fast, and decided to not buy 2-3 fixes because it's starting to cost the same as a new skin. And alts can wait until it is a weekend sale and get a skin for less than what a fix cost.

I think I bought some super cheap ones, but they didn't blend out in the edges or gave the look of a big flat area.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

[ asking for a friend :)  ] how to get bom work on this head? .. he she is new to this things

I think the skin tab looks like a set of wings. 🤨

Open it and up to the top it is "Skin" and "BoM".

Skell Dagger has a tutorial that's almost like the female hud. The male hud has beard tabs too.

EDIT: Sorry, he has female tutorials too. This is the beginner. https://virtualbloke.com/archives/4114

Edited by Marianne Little
link
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Managed to get this for Indra late last night. She's been wearing Lelutka Erin, but I have to say this looks good on her. The skin is her old classic favourite Blair from The Skinnery, which never looked good on Lelutka or on older Catwa heads. 

210327_011.thumb.jpg.0cde823bfc85db82d335b9e82169aaa9.jpg

I willingly admit that more than Catwa skins look good on it. Both older skins and Genus skins can work really well. No strange nose and mouth.

With an Evo head, other that Evo skins look weird on them. I have been lucky because it is a good amount of Evo skins on offer.

It will be interesting to see when HDPRO skins appear in Weekend sales. I believe that when this happen, it's made enough skins that stores start to have them in sales.

It has been very steady, an offer of 1-2 Evo skins and 1-2 Genus skins for as long as I have used the Weekend sales.

• Like 1

Testing Qatwa HDPRO Queen head on my alt.

Skin (BOM): Nuve - Xia (group gift)
Eye shadow (applier): Nuve - Valentina (group gift)
Lipstick: From Qatwa HUD

Nice head it is. My alt is totally happy with it. 🙂  It appears that it is fairly easy to make Asian looks on this head with proper skins.
(My main account will  stay on Lelutka Ryn head which is also very nice one. Good to have different looks between main and alt).

2021-03-27_Catwa-Queen_Nuve-Xia-skin.thumb.jpg.e0609f791d4baa1f89ad367723caecc9.jpg

• Like 10

16 hours ago, DemeraraGirl said:

I got the head for my main and some alts.

At first, my only complain was the HUD, but now I'm getting used to it. It took me a while to understand the dynamic of this new HUD. And I have to say that I also don't like the head with the skins that come with it, but after trying other skins, I felt in love with Queen. Hope to see more skins for it.

However, I still don't know if I will use it on my main avatar. For now I alternate between Genus Classic and Lelutka Fleur on my daily use. Catwa Queen is a great head, but it will depend a lot on the skin I find for it.

Meanwhile, I have been playing with some looks. The head has a good response to the sliders. The first one is a shape I'm working on for a friend. The skin is Sammy from Deetalez. The second one is the shape included with the head and a Glam Affair skin named Isobel. On the third picture, I'm using the same Glam Affair skin, but in another tone. I'm working on this one for an alt.

1889011333_Astara-AetherMothSeptum(AddMe)_0081.thumb.png.55836cd89221322d990fae3ca93958f5.png

791503397_Astara-AetherMothSeptum(AddMe)_0093.thumb.png.0baa8eabe623bba899eaa6cc4e9a02df.png

364801483_Astara-AetherMothSeptum(AddMe)_0071.thumb.png.bcf1a54af8cb1227738c95b2fa6bcfd2.png

I like the second picture the best. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

I like the second picture the best. :)

I do too but I couldn’t find a glam affair skin with that name in the store in fact didn’t see any skins for Catwa pro  maybe I was looking in wrong place?

11 hours ago, Mollymews said:

still available on the region(s) at 1:06AM PDT, Saturday 27 March 2021

if go to the Catwa region, then the Landmarks to the vendor regions are in the black mat on the ground at the landing point. Touch to get. Each region has heaps of vendors

edit add

ps. I just noticed that I got a IM from a Catwa bot that gave me the LMs as links in the IM

Oh Goodie!!

11 hours ago, Mollymews said:

still available on the region(s) at 1:06AM PDT, Saturday 27 March 2021

if go to the Catwa region, then the Landmarks to the vendor regions are in the black mat on the ground at the landing point. Touch to get. Each region has heaps of vendors

edit add

ps. I just noticed that I got a IM from a Catwa bot that gave me the LMs as links in the IM

well its 6000L now... unless I am missing something.. https://gyazo.com/c50a83407623b8204cc5c9b94f42fd1b

Edited by Tarina Sewell

20 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

well its 6000L now... unless I am missing something.. https://gyazo.com/c50a83407623b8204cc5c9b94f42fd1b

the offer was originally for 24 hours, which broke the Marketplace. It then got removed from Marketplace and shifted inworld to 4 dedicated regions. As I understand the offer was extended for another 24 hours. 48 hours in all. Not sure of the actual start and end times

21 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

the offer was originally for 24 hours, which broke the Marketplace. It then got removed from Marketplace and shifted inworld to 4 dedicated regions. As I understand the offer was extended for another 24 hours. 48 hours in all. Not sure of the actual start and end times

I understand that, I was replying to another post that stated it was available still.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grianee said:

I do too but I couldn’t find a glam affair skin with that name in the store in fact didn’t see any skins for Catwa pro  maybe I was looking in wrong place?

This skin was available at a past round of Arcade Gacha. Maybe they will still put it up in the store.

I have seen some of this skin on Marketplace, so an alternative could be looking from gacha resellers.

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Well, not complaining, but there are some of us that actually can not get online every day all day long. So, yeah there is that.

It doesn't take being online all day to get most of these things.  I work a 40-hour week from an office that takes me at least 35mins to travel to, 5 days a week and from which I have no access to anything SL while I am working.  I managed to find out about it and get it despite not being in any Catwa group because it was being talked about all over the inworld groups.

• Like 1

I guess this would not be the time to share that I happened to be on the instant the Notice with the 4 landmarks in it arrived, and thought quick enough to click the third one down, got in instantly, and i think i was only there 45 seconds or so before leaving so others could get in.  

It's the luck of the draw who gets in and how quick really isn't it. Breaks your heart sometimes.  I had my impossible clicky episodes on other promos, some for days, some I just never got in. I'm Premie and thankfully a great connection knock wood. Dumb luck. :)  ADDING: I went from a hair shop with no hair on nor shoes on lol. Gotta click when the clickins good.

Edited by Kyrie Deka
  • Like 1

I was able to get it with my main avatar who is premium. Unfortunately I'm not really looking to change her so I was hoping to get it for my alt. 

I was never able to get in. I tried for hours at all different times. 

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

It doesn't take being online all day to get most of these things.  I work a 40-hour week from an office that takes me at least 35mins to travel to, 5 days a week and from which I have no access to anything SL while I am working.  I managed to find out about it and get it despite not being in any Catwa group because it was being talked about all over the inworld groups.

ok... So, let me be a bit more explanatory on myself.. as that is what I was speaking of, and not of course you. I am often off grid for my work, I am in places with 0 internet reception.. So even logging in for days is not uncommon for me.  As I find out, often when I do most groups notices are quite capped. I wish I could log in after work like you every day.. But I can not and there are many who also can not. How joyful for you that you have a nice office job you can do that. I would not know  a 40 hour work weeks looks like..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

ok... So, let me be a bit more explanatory on myself.. as that is what I was speaking of, and not of course you. I am often off grid for my work, I am in places with 0 internet reception.. So even logging in for days is not uncommon for me.  As I find out, often when I do most groups notices are quite capped. I wish I could log in after work like you every day.. But I can not and there are many who also can not. How joyful for you that you have a nice office job you can do that. I would not know  a 40 hour work weeks looks like..

This really isn't a statement about you, it is an inferred judgement and it is one made by making an assumption about what it takes to get a head and therefore a judgment on the people who can get it:

3 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Well, not complaining, but there are some of us that actually can not get online every day all day long. So, yeah there is that.

If you are going to post such things then people will take issue with that because it is simply untrue.
For the record, I don't log in every day either.

Also, complaining but "not complaining"  yeah right 🙄 That isn't what not complaining looks like to me.

Here let me play this for you:

4yfp28.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unedited snap of my experiment on my gender-bender model: male skin (Vendetta - Liang T2) on the Catwa HDPRO Queen. I sometimes dress hir/them up as a drag queen after all, so the head and its name is fitting! I just make them wear a turtleneck or a scarf to hide the female neck/male body incongruity.

On another positive note, I think I may have a renewed appreciation for Catwa. Not because she gave a L$6000 head away for L$1 (that was the most stressful L$10 MP transaction I ever made btw), but because the quality turned out very nice. I will keep the head on my main and all the alts I sponsored not only in memory of the day MP crashed, but also because I love that you can make so many gorgeous looks with it.

B612_20210327_114015_788.thumb.jpg.f6e2817f108bc901ba630f613f70065c.jpg

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 6

I managed to get the Queen HDPro head, and I will say I like this one more than the one I actually purchased prior from Catwa for full price. It seems a bit more flexible to editing, especially the eyes. I added my own nose shading and freckles, and of course had to add some shiny lipstick and I quite like it. I still prefer to wear LeLutka overall for many reasons these days, but this is certainly a lovely head and very easy to edit and create shapes for it. I am using it on BOM as I have really been moving away from appliers in most things except for eyes. I will be putting this shape up for sale in my store for 1L in a few days too because why not? 

770162932_queenheadforforums.thumb.png.5bbd98a8404b3a5bf32258f2db60bf17.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.