Catwa HD Pro Queen

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So as to not stink up the Lelutka head thread any more than it has been shotted up.

Catwa is running a 1 day promo for one day March 25 for 1L on marketplace.

CATWA QUEEN PROMO

What do you guys think? Is one day going to be enough? Is it going to break MP?

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 10

35 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Is one day going to be enough?

That depends on whether ...

41 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Is it going to break MP?

... That. 

I get it though, the Freya in-world promo was pretty chaotic, from what I've heard ...

• Like 4

That's what I said, more competition is good! We all benefit from that.

We wouldn't get this head if it wasn't for LeLutka taking over the Catwa throne. Now Catwa fights back. The Freya head last summer was good, but no one of my alts wear it, because of how the skin stretches down under the inner eye corners.

What a situation, I can now pick between lots of free heads!! 💋

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

So as to not stink up the Lelutka head thread any more than it has been shotted up.

Catwa is running a 1 day promo for one day March 25 for 1L on marketplace.

What do you guys think? Is one day going to be enough? Is it going to break MP?

Yeah... I better try to get in, when US has gone to sleep and Europe is almost ready to wake up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I’m definitely getting it.

I think MP promos are the way to go, especially for promos like this. This is pretty big, especially since people are always asking for low cost mesh heads.

Wait for the complaints from people who had missed this 24 hour promo....

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I’m definitely getting it.

I think MP promos are the way to go, especially for promos like this. This is pretty big, especially since people are always asking for low cost mesh heads.

I am getting it too. It is very good that it's 1 L and not 0 L, now we can gift it to friends who are busy in RL. And our alts, of course.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Isn't it better, that fewer people logs in?

Now I can log in only myself and sent it to my alts, instead of logging on and off several times.

I think so, I'm not really a network/code person. I'm just thinking everybody sending gifts to their alts might be a load on the MP server, you know how temperamental MP is.

• Like 1

It looks pretty good on me.  But, then again, on the plus side, I could end up being the only Catya head on the grid.  LOL  (This is meant as a sort of joke - but I forgets how to work BOM right now BUT I'll figure it out.)

Snapshot_715 (2).jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 3

I'm glad its going to be on the marketplace for easy sending to alts i remember the chaos of having to log alts in to get free heads inworld. I don't think one day will be enough, with the number of people potentially trying to get/send the head it could melt the MP servers disappointing lots of people

• Like 4

Only changes I made were to turn on BOM (I had to go to Skell's tutorial for that BECAUSE the default place for any closed viewer panes is RIGHT on top of the BOM button (well duh!) and to turn off materials.    The neck isn't quite as good with eBody (I tried it on Moonlight) but it is a really lovely head and I suspect it is perfect with Maitreya. 

I also think the missing pixels idea for the demo is GREAT. 

183525431_moonlightcatwa.thumb.jpg.be7d2656af8798b2a8bd83bd3a975ed6.jpg

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I'm glad its going to be on the marketplace for easy sending to alts i remember the chaos of having to log alts in to get free heads inworld. I don't think one day will be enough, with the number of people potentially trying to get/send the head it could melt the MP servers disappointing lots of people

I think they learned from having all their sims all crash from the flood of people hitting them for the free head last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Only changes I made were to turn on BOM

Wow, that's a great shape.  It took me a while to locate the BOM button and I finally found it but I no way had a good shape underneath.  I've been messing with the shape for a few hours now.

My favorite thing is the eyes.  These eyes are gorgeous.  I'd like to see them sold separately too.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I do not envy the group moderators and CSR's for Catwa their job. It is going to be hell for them if it goes that way.

But also, when people are logging in for the weekend and find out they have missed it, it will be wailing and complaints. And the poor moderators and CSR's have to take it. I heard they had a very hard time when the free Freya head came out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think so, I'm not really a network/code person. I'm just thinking everybody sending gifts to their alts might be a load on the MP server, you know how temperamental MP is.

Probably will.  Unless they vetted for large volume of orders.  Chances are that it may cause some level of crash. Think Target with their Designer labels that would cause the checkout to slooow down to a crawl then a stop, then a crawl.  Realistically, I wouldn't put it past the marketplace to crash at 400 orders at the same exact second.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Isn't it better, that fewer people logs in?

Now I can log in only myself and sent it to my alts, instead of logging on and off several times.

Depends on how they coded it.  In theory it could be, but if it reduces the stress on MP side, it is still equal stress on the delivery side. So one or the other could potentially slow down.  But we shall see. Who knows, LL may have vetted/tested for large volumes of transactions. However, if large RL corporations sometimes miss changes when they have large events, and those are communicated through Upper Management across the org (or should be) imagine how it would be if it was someone within LLs community rather than the actual LL staff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.