Catwa HD Pro Queen

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Amongst all the hubbub and "not-foreseeing" (doubting that) I have to say that if this was really meant to be a gift and not a publicity thing (we pretty much know it is about market share so that doesn't count in my scenario) 'I" would  feel much more pro-Catwa. IF the head was actually a gift and not a promo --- so if it would ALWAYS be free like the Genus Strong head.  

It really tends to bother me when "gifts" don't really seem to be given in the spirit of actual giving. 

• The head COULD have been given out in group (that cuts out 95,000 potential  people from the Race To The Head).  
  • It could have been stated that it will be free always (or a year or whatever) which would have cut down the hoards. There would still be hoards, but SOME folks would just wait.  
  • It could have been put on the Marketplace for 50 or 500 dollars for people who didn't want to play the lagfest game. 
  • If things were handled differently there would BE no need for six Catwa sims at the moment (four of which are no longer visible for me and just "load" and don't show up at all in search) -- so NOT helpful.  

It is a pretty head on Moonlight. If she gets it, she gets it. If not she still looks good with the ACTUAL GIFT HEAD from Genus that she picked up on her first day on the grid. 

So definitely mixed feeling on this all.   

EDIT:  

Actually giving the head out without all the hassles and keeping the head in the store for free for-e-ver (or whatever) would definitely increase market share -- with no bad feelings.   It would also be a less expensive "promotion" for the creator (assume those sims had to be paid for).   

Hopefully some other creators will get the message on this :D

And to the post about the greifer spiders below this, turn on "see friends only" (a button you can add) and it will be a much more pleasant experience -- if not the ACTUAL experience of lagfest in case that is what you  are after. This in Firestorm.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
Forgot a period which made the sentence very unclear LOL
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The head COULD have been given out in group

I think they would have gotten better press and publicity that way.

Instead, I get teleported on CATWA 4 (finally), and I'm waiting and waiting, and then a giant black spider lands on us.  Griefed.  I gather the spider griefer wanted to scare us all away.  That, or the person in the giant spider avatar hates CATWA.  Either way, it wasn't funny.  It was very intrusive.  There has to be a better way then giant spiders landing on people.  

Snapshot_719 (2).jpg

• Haha 1

I approached this HDPro Queen Head Retrieval Operation as a Special  Shopping Ops Dinkie... Inserted my boi on 2nd attempt, acquired the HDPro SpaceShuttleHUD Head via CAM and exited in one smooth operation.  Dinkie Guerrilla Shopping Mission Impossible Team Flawless Victory!

Now trying to decode 10 Tabs of Options...

(Shakes tiny Dinkie paw)  "Catwa you Fiends!"

ALSO THANK YOU CATWA FOR THIS FANTASTIC TOY!

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

And to the post about the greifer spiders below this, turn on "see friends only" (a button you can add) and it will be a much more pleasant experience -- if not the ACTUAL experience of lagfest in case that is what you  are after. This in Firestorm.

I see you edited this in.  The thing was there wasn't much to rez, so I didn't need the 'show friends only' option which I do use for crowded events.  Imagine what lands on us in those events. 

I was able to get in and nab it. It did not deliver, and I had to hit the redelivery terminal on the way out of the sim. It is a lovely enough head. I was able to get a shape I liked using their extra shape sliders on their HUD. It was a total pain to get though.

Here is what it looks like with their included shape (eyes edited with their HUD) and a skin demo I picked up at the skin fair.

4923cea33ed1bebe4e9bd9f3f15027b7.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purrrkitten said:

I agree with this. It makes me want to leave Catwa. I get so frustrated using the HUD. 

I think it is easier as you use it. I've been using catwa hdpro since september, i did use lelutka a small time in between, but it's not to bad once you get used to it. :)

25 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I see you edited this in.  The thing was there wasn't much to rez, so I didn't need the 'show friends only' option which I do use for crowded events.  Imagine what lands on us in those events. 

I keep mine on ALL the time now :D.  I love shopping without all the heavy mesh and textures most folks are wearing. HOWEVER most of your crowd there seems like they came out of the pod about a decade ago so "old alts" maybe :D.   

Still a good tip for those that go places to see the products and not the other shoppers :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

I keep mine on ALL the time now :D.  I love shopping without all the heavy mesh and textures most folks are wearing. HOWEVER most of your crowd there seems like they came out of the pod about a decade ago so "old alts" maybe :D.   

Still a good tip for those that go places to see the products and not the other shoppers :D

When I got in on my alt, i saw alot of brand new avis.

• Like 1

My first week back after a break and what a drama-palaver.  I was lucky to get it during the MP phase (the advantage of working at home and being able to sit there hitting refresh) - my purchase failed a couple of times so I re-tried and when I logged in a few hours later it turned out that I'd bought three. 

I wasn't expecting a great deal from Queen tbh,; I've already tried demos of both Majer heads and I didn't like either of them, but this one really surprised me; with very little adjustment from my Margeaux shape it's really, REALLY close to the look I've been trying to achieve since switching to a female head & body. My goal has always been to match the old Justin head as near as possible, and I think I may have nailed it with this one. It's even got the bow-shaped lips that every other head I've seen has lacked.  

51002819480_6ea47e6a71_b.jpg

Justin below, in a similar angle, for comparison

40943258832_7593f410e1_z.jpg

I can see why some people don't like it though. The hud is very different from the regular Catwa heads and it takes some getting used to. It took me ten minutes to figure out that the eyes were built-in and not separate. And it's quite angular, I think those looking for a soft, feminine look probably won't find it here. 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, LittleFish Starlight said:

While it's good on one hand to prevent your own sim from crashing due to a inworld sale, it's now pretty bad Catwa carries the freebiefight to MP affecting everyone else. Other creators are unable to access their merchant home to manage listings as also shoppers not running for the gifted head barely are able to browse for other things with MP crashing under their finger. I get it that it is not Catwa's fault that MP can't handle such a rush, but this was fully to expect.

A week inworld sale would have been better for everyone .. in my oppinion. But don't worry about the limited time on MP, Catwa wont be able to access her own listings either to change the price when the time is over.

While I agree. I want to give some perspective from working as a BA in promotional projects.   Unless you've experienced it once,  you have no clue how your website can withstand massive number of people.  Assume their website has a capacity for 10k in one moment, but then 20k try to enter it.   And this is coming from someone that's worked with programmers and developers.  I've had the experience so I tend to tell them, we got to move into doubling our limits. But even I have failed at times in capturing demand. 

Now, you got someone that probably isn't a developer, product manager, or business analyst that may not foresee all of this. And you get the Missoni in Target crash happening in sl. Or the HM Karl Lagerfeld crash in here. If you aren't paying attention to how things work outside an area, and most don't. You wouldn't have thought that putting a head for a linden would cause a marketplace crash.

2 minutes ago, usagihara said:

If it's advertised as being for 24 hours only...  I could have predicted it, tbh, and I know nothing about anything.

Well, a lot of us that are technology savvy and have experienced things in rl do kind of wonder about that.  It's also happened in rl with a ton of promotions or introductions to new product.  However, I'd like to somewhat give the benefit of the doubt. Though admittedly, my personal opinion is that she knew. And she used it as a publicity event. Because there's no such thing as bad publicity now a days.

2 minutes ago, Mortified Wanderer said:

Okayso.  There's a lot to read through here, what exactly is going on with this? I noticed it's not on the MP anymore where the promo was suppose to be.  Could someone condense this all for me, please?

its now in world at 4 locations. I am not in game so I cant post the landmarks but I am sure someone else can.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mortified Wanderer said:

Okayso.  There's a lot to read through here, what exactly is going on with this? I noticed it's not on the MP anymore where the promo was suppose to be.  Could someone condense this all for me, please?

It was moved to six sims, but I got in on this slurl: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Catwa Clip/144/6/22 and it's available tomorrow too. It apparently was extended for another 24 hours. 😮 :) 

14 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i don't think that anyone is going to feel overly ill-will toward Catwa over the Marketplace giving a lot of us 504s

there might be a little bit directed toward Linden tho. Is their website and they do charge fees for this service. The Marketplace team meeting tomorrow is going to be an interesting conversation I think

Nope. Website was built for normal capacity. And unless you as a merchant notify them before hand of a release in the website and pay for their project expenses. There's no way the website is to blame. It is the store's responsibility. You can give the benefit of the doubt that she was dense, but you cannot blame LL for something they weren't communicated nor they could foresee. Nor should they.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mortified Wanderer said:

Essentially:

1. Catwa released her head today for 1 linden.

2.  SL Marketplace slowed to crawl then crashed for sometime.

3.  Catwa then released her head to her main sim so you can go and buy it from a vendor. May be more.

Revision in three: it's now in four locations inworld.

4. Catwa then proceeded to extend the 1linden promo from one day to two.

Edited by Irina Forwzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

I think it is easier as you use it. I've been using catwa hdpro since september, i did use lelutka a small time in between, but it's not to bad once you get used to it. :)

The dropper button is to tint your skin, or lashes, or brows, you can undo it by clicking on clear. You can go to the last, or next to last button and click reset and it will turn your head white again. You can use the little buttons at the bottom to keep preset lashes, etc from designers you like. :) Just hold button down for a second, or two then int he box to the upper right click save. :) Did that help at all? :) I'm wearing hdpro soft majer head in my picture. :D

9 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

I do like seeing what ladies do with the head. I have mine in the box, I haven't opened it yet. Maybe i'll open it on a video and see what it looks like tomorrow. :)

Got mine too.  I still have the free Lelutka and haven't opened it though. i need time to just sit and essentially experiment with shapes and turn every head into a cousin of the other. LOL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

Got mine too.  I still have the free Lelutka and haven't opened it though. i need time to just sit and essentially experiment with shapes and turn every head into a cousin of the other. LOL.

I got the Lily head for an alt of mine. :D

1 hour ago, Irina Forwzy said:

You wouldn't have thought that putting a head for a linden would cause a marketplace crash.

And yet MANY of us here on the forums foresaw the problem. Those that were willing to get up at midnight (the not Europe folks) and camped out at the Marketplace (smartly) did well. Others that came in later spent plenty of time and effort only to find that their sales garnered NO products and that their linden dollar was refunded this afternoon.   

Tunnel vision is NOT good when you are running a company -- especially  one of the companies that makes the most USD in SL.  It isn't like this is a six month old NEW enterprise.   Honestly it boggles my mind.   

While it is a lovely head for some (on some not so great - shape pretty much is everything LOL) my enthusiasm is dimming.  If they keep the sims open long enough that you can actually get in when you try, then that's a different story. If they do not, I am  wondering if this promotion might actually backfire.  People are strange and people are fickle and you just never know.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

And yet MANY of us here on the forums foresaw the problem. Those that were willing to get up at midnight (the not Europe folks) and camped out at the Marketplace (smartly) did well. Others that came in later spent plenty of time and effort only to find that their sales garnered NO products and that their linden dollar was refunded this afternoon.   

Tunnel vision is NOT good when you are running a company -- especially  one of the companies that makes the most USD in SL.  It isn't like this is a six month old NEW enterprise.   Honestly it boggles my mind.   

While it is a lovely head for some (on some not so great - shape pretty much is everything LOL) my enthusiasm is dimming.  If they keep the sims open long enough that you can actually get in when you try, then that's a different story. If they do not, I am  wondering if this promotion might actually backfire.  People are strange and people are fickle and you just never know.  

I wanted to play the devil's advocate with that statement, because some people just are aloof.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.