Catwa HD Pro Queen

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are only 35 to 38 in the Catwa sims. I can't see the Queen sims at all any longer but they WERE around 40 or a bit more when first put up.  So those numbers from awhile ago aren't even close to the actuality.   This sale needs to go on a week most likely and maybe it will -- and maybe it was always planned that it would be.  

Now there is a new group gift out for the head at WOW so Catwa got what it wanted.  The Wow group is seldom a free to join group though. 199 currently.  It is really all pretty silly as some of the skins that fit one head  the best are often ones that are said to be made for another brand. 

Glad I am happy with my current Lelutka look. 

3 minutes ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

So share your opinion, do you like it? 

I got it last night ... via the MP during the outage.

I think it's a very good example of a mesh head. Well made and executed (as far as I can see), very functional (although the HUD is not the most user friendly design I've ever seen). And I was able to achieve some quite pleasing results with it.

But I won't wear it ... because like every other mesh head that I've gotten (all free/uber-cheap), I can't make it look like ME even with several hours of tweaking.

Someday I'll find a mesh head that works exactly the same as the system head, but of course has the benefits of mesh etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I wasn't making any statement about traffic, it was about number of locations.  I'm not sure I am following you so here is a video instead:

What's the blabla then?

First off, you say "the record needs to be set straight", while ignoring that LeLutka wasn't just giving out a female head, but a male one, too. But you can happily dismiss that because it's not of interest to you, anyway, so dismiss that smart ass reminder as irrelevant and belittle it as unrelated.

Last but not least: thank you very much indeed for your uncalled for song suggestion, which I gladly take and dump it on ignore.

10 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

What's the blabla then?

First off, you say "the record needs to be set straight", while ignoring that LeLutka wasn't just giving out a female head, but a male one, too. But you can happily dismiss that because it's not of interest to you, anyway, so dismiss that smart ass reminder as irrelevant and belittle it as unrelated.

Last but not least: thank you very much indeed for your uncalled for song suggestion, which I gladly take and dump it on ignore.

I think you should go and learn to read properly before being insulting.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
changed phrasing.

8 hours ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

Girls, I got the head and Last night I tried it. I don't like it, it's not my type at all. I never had a head from Catwa, my first was Erin from Lelutka and then Lily, which is amazing head. 

My first opinion is cute.  However, I need you to remember THESE ITEMS the avatar is wearing are made by me and I am strictly amateur.  So, 1)  The skin, blush and lips are made by me and I need to work on getting the neck to match which is not easy.  Plus, I don't want to make human avatars as I burned out on those a couple of years ago.  So I will be trying to make a doll, fairy or elf or something like that and it seems shape-able for different looks which I like.  2)  I still need to make a shape as I just woke up. But even in very preliminary trying it, I think she is cute though, of course, needs work.   3)  If I cannot get a sheer looking lipstick I would be disappointed as I don't want dark plastered on lipstick, and that might be a deal-breaker for me.  

The thing is you might need to demo some skins to see if you like it - it's usually head, shape and skin that need to fit altogether.  The thing is, if you don't like it, then you could be spending money for a skin on something you really don't like nor will use...so wait and don't just jump into buying a skin.  Also, it's a lot of work to make an avatar, so if you are not going to use it, it's probably not worth the time, imo.  I will try to make a more together looking avatar later and see what I can come up with later.  

Snapshot_722 (2).jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

Girls, I got the head and Last night I tried it. I don't like it, it's not my type at all. I never had a head from Catwa, my first was Erin from Lelutka and then Lily, which is amazing head. 

I managed to get it on several alts.

Probably not my style either, but it might work for one of the alts. This part of things is subjective after all. She's too ethnic in the wrong ethnicity for me. But I do have one Caucasian alt I will be tampering with.

For the objective side, I have no idea as yet...

I need to do my usual deep dive first though - look at the scripts, polygons, layers, etc. I never like to just go with a quick impression - gotta analyze things in detail.

I'd tried their HDpro demos when those came out - they were the motivation for me to switch to Lelutka, which is sadly now doing the same thing (the Evo X is near double polygon of base Evo because you wear 2 heads at the same time, and the HUD switches which head is shown - ie: forced onion layers rather than just wear the one you want).

I did notice that my alt got ejected from my own SL home last night by my script counter for using too many scripts when I was trying to set up the new Catwa head... And I had some seriously lax limits on script time usage before ejecting. So that was interesting. I got her to 'stick' and not be ejected by removing everything else I had on so she was no longer being hit by my script meter, and I think it's only the HUD that's the excess.

Much to my shock however - I've been learning some people wear the HUDs even when not standing still on a pose stand at home in config mode.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It is really all pretty silly as some of the skins that fit one head  the best are often ones that are said to be made for another brand. 

I've not encountered that myself. I wonder if that's specific to certain skin makers. My experience has been that when I look at the lips in particular if I'm not on a skin made for a given head - it usually doesn't line up right.

18 hours ago, Maitimo said:

My first week back after a break and what a drama-palaver.  I was lucky to get it during the MP phase (the advantage of working at home and being able to sit there hitting refresh) - my purchase failed a couple of times so I re-tried and when I logged in a few hours later it turned out that I'd bought three. 

I wasn't expecting a great deal from Queen tbh,; I've already tried demos of both Majer heads and I didn't like either of them, but this one really surprised me; with very little adjustment from my Margeaux shape it's really, REALLY close to the look I've been trying to achieve since switching to a female head & body. My goal has always been to match the old Justin head as near as possible, and I think I may have nailed it with this one. It's even got the bow-shaped lips that every other head I've seen has lacked.  

51002819480_6ea47e6a71_b.jpg

Justin below, in a similar angle, for comparison

40943258832_7593f410e1_z.jpg

I can see why some people don't like it though. The hud is very different from the regular Catwa heads and it takes some getting used to. It took me ten minutes to figure out that the eyes were built-in and not separate. And it's quite angular, I think those looking for a soft, feminine look probably won't find it here. 

This is just fab on you.  I plan to try to work with the lip some time this weekend. 

Yesterday was just an exhausting day and one that I will remember for a long time.  Keep trying people.  The problem is, people need to pay and then get a redelivery according the the group.  But, people were just standing there for hours yesterday waiting for a delivery of the head there and not reading the group.  That is what the bottle-neck was yesterday.  So now it's pay then try to get a redelivery.  That's what I did.  

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

This is just fab on you.  I plan to try to work with the lip some time this weekend. 

Yesterday was just an exhausting day and one that I will remember for a long time.  Keep trying people.  The problem is, people need to pay and then get a redelivery according the the group.  But, people were just standing there for hours yesterday waiting for a delivery of the head there and not reading the group.  That is what the bottle-neck was yesterday.  So now it's pay then try to get a redelivery.  That's what I did.  

I didn't have to get a redelivery. I got it right away, when I turned everyone off except friends. :) 

• Thanks 1

I think it takes older skins very well. This is Pink Fuel's "Harley" in vanilla. This is an alt. I like to make my alts different from me, so this one is younger and more wide-eyed. I think the head fits a cute look.

The issue with old skins is that I have to buy "fixes" to remove black eyeline and that black "lump" that is in the inner eye corner. Pre mesh head era had skins with eyeliner into the corners, period.

But that's not something I bother with now for an alt. It can be cheaper to buy a new skin in one of the many weekendsales.

queen_001.jpg

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Jaide Beck said:

So don't go to the main store. There's a sign saying it's extended, but no heads, people are confused. :( Wow, I even made a video saying people had an extra day. :o 

It is a box under group notices with landmarks to the other locations.

It's "Queen Promo Landmarks" and you have to scroll down a bit bc it is other notices over it. These landmarks work and the head is there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.