What are you actually peeved about today ?

Ted McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

An anti-peeve because I prefer to not be irritated all the time:   Stores with 12 day Advent calendars that include the date on their box for each day, so I don't have to remember did this start on the 12th or the 14th, and how many days has it been since then.  :)

I label my store collection folder with the date that the store starts, specifically for this reason.  Though I still have to count if they use labels of 1,2,3,4,.......

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Peeve.  When a thread gets locked and a new one starts with the exact theme.  Which to me is basically telling the mods , "**** you". 

Peeve.  Agreeing with @Sassy Kenin....enablers.

When the containment container gets too full and smelly, you bring in a new container lock down the old one right? It works with event Porta potties 🤣. I’m always in favor of a containment thread. And I’m really going to try to use it correctly. So my peeve of the moment is same as OP. People who don’t use the thread as it was intended. But of course people will interpret it differently than I do. Which is also OK. See? how nice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

When the containment container gets too full and smelly, you bring in a new container lock down the old one right? It works with event Porta potties 🤣. I’m always in favor of a containment thread. And I’m really going to try to use it correctly. So my peeve of the moment is same as OP. People who don’t use the thread as it was intended. But of course people will interpret it differently than I do. Which is also OK. See? how nice.

They cleared out the posts (which I apparently missed) so they could have left the thread.  Making a new one exactly like the first so soon is disrespectful to the moderators.  It's like saying, "Ha!  I'll show you!"

Peeve.  Inconsistency in all things.

This one always gets me

Someone (Someone): Hey, what's going on?

Janet Voxel: Not much, just at the beach.

Someone (Someone): Cool.

Janet Voxel: What's going on with you?

Someone (Someone): Just getting ready for work.

Second Life: Someone (Someone) is offline.

Pin on Books

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

44 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Peeve.  When a thread gets locked and a new one starts with the exact theme.  Which to me is basically telling the mods , "**** you". 

Peeve.  Agreeing with @Sassy Kenin....enablers.

Always been a peeve thread on the mboard. But need to keep them civil and not derail faster then the Union Pacific steam engine 4014 plowing into a bus full of old folks (like me).

• Like 1

Peeve: Second guessing what functionality is planned to be part of buying in at renewal, and what is planned to not be fixed within the next year.  So funny because I can live with most of what I am made aware of will not be provided into the future, even if the list of abilities is pared down. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

IT Support: "have you tried turning your house off, then back on again?"

Not too veer off topic too much but just to give an update and then drop it as I can continue in the EEP thread should I need too.  

Okay, EEP viewer and the top older version Firestorm viewer (the first one under older versions number 6.3.9.50 -) only allow VIEWER TEXTURE BUFFERING up to 512 and it won't go any further on those two viewers.  So, I re-installed the viewer below the top one under older releases - the BOM viewer (6.3.2.58 etc) and everything is working fine now and the VIEWER TEXTURE BUFFERING goes up to 2048.  Perhaps this is a problem that those two viewers only go up to 512, but once I have the ability to have VIEWER TEXTURE BUFFERING up to 2048, my house or Slouse is fine now.  Anyhow, to make a long story short, my house is well but I am back on the BOM viewer (6.3.2.58 etc).  

My peeve....painful chronic illness that makes me tired all the time because of how much it takes out of me and the strong pain medication I'm permanently on to stay sane.

Both have been wiping me out for eighteen hours a day lately when all I wish to do is enjoy my favorite time of year with my hubby and remember my dad. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

I am thankful and grateful that my peeves are, at the moment anyway, trivial ones. I am, however, more generally peeved that life can make things so difficult and so miserable for people, like Daf and others here, who deserve so much better.

Actually, we all deserve better.

There's my peeve.

• Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.