What are you actually peeved about today ?

Ted McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I need to know how the story ends! Do they do it?

It's left unknown, but poor Barry did seem to be pretty clear. An updated version from 2009 suggested not: "Stop stewing, boo-hooing, I've had a good look down there and there's nothing doing!" 

"I'm boring, imploring, let me read this catalogue on vinyl flooring..."...that just sums up my feelings about all my experiences of attempted Gorean sexual encounters. 

It's a famous song here, partly because it is absolutely sublime, but also because it never uses any dirty words or has any explicit content. This not only makes it ten times funnier, but also means it's always been fine to broadcast it before the watershed. They even did a performance of it once at my church when I was a kid. I didn't get it, but I remember loving the clever lyrics. 

We love you, Victoria. It's never been the same without you.

Peeve: I know nobody watched it because it's a random internet video and it's a few minutes long but oh my God it's funny. Surely one of the most British songs ever!

• Like 1

I'm peeved that I found out in the worst way that someone was eating something at my computer..

I'll eat snacks at my computer, but it's always berries or veggies..

I found crumbs! \o/

Wanna hear how I found out about these crumbs?  OK, I'll tell you.. hehehe

I was in my inventory and decided to start deleting  all the demos I had.. The first one I clicked on went ok, then I kept getting the little ok or cancel delete window up, so I figured it much have been lag so I clicked it again.. Sure enough it came up again and noticed it was just highlighting the next item in line.. So i decided to log out.. I went to log back in and my firestorm icon went poof, so I went to my scanning software icon because i thought I was getting attacked..

Everything I clicked on was going poof, so I did a restart of my system.. While I was doing that, I noticed my delete key was stuck down..

I was like What the heck!?

Sure enough a crumb had gotten wedged and holding my delete key down.. I'm mad but relieved at the same time

Either way, when they wake up and sit down for breakfast, nobody is getting up from the table until someone fesses up..

I'll know in about two seconds after I leave the room and the other two start putting pressure on the one that did it.. hehehe

Still they are the one that is gonna have to fess up..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

something i am really peeved about today is the fact about something at work; considering i am working at a cafe (coffee house kind of place located in a bookstore), as a temp. position, there has already been conflict with a co-worker that overly shares information with me considering i have only known her for only a week. long story short, she started talk mad, mad sh*t about a fellow co-worker in a manager position. word got around to the party being talked about...i have spoken with that person and completely apologized for the situation and me not saying anything sooner. after this, my co-worker who was talking mad about the manager has gone to delete me from a social media site and now i am concerned about how she is going to approach me if she's at work today. 

sorry if this was kind of long and rant-like. i just can't stand people sometimes.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ignis Dismantled said:

something i am really peeved about today is the fact about something at work; considering i am working at a cafe (coffee house kind of place located in a bookstore), as a temp. position, there has already been conflict with a co-worker that overly shares information with me considering i have only known her for only a week. long story short, she started talk mad, mad sh*t about a fellow co-worker in a manager position. word got around to the party being talked about...i have spoken with that person and completely apologized for the situation and me not saying anything sooner. after this, my co-worker who was talking mad about the manager has gone to delete me from a social media site and now i am concerned about how she is going to approach me if she's at work today. 

sorry if this was kind of long and rant-like. i just can't stand people sometimes.

If she causes you any trouble tell your manager, but otherwise just treat her as any other employee.  Remember that she's in the wrong, not you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ignis Dismantled said:

It has been a long while since I've worked outside of my house I'll admit, but she is the one who crossed professional boundaries that shouldn't of been crossed right? Why not keep a professional distance with her? Be polite, calm and efficient no matter how she approaches you because this way you're establishing a boundary she should of respected in the first place. Also if she does get really rude, you're still maintaining your professionalism. Don't let her ruin things for you. You've every right to be comfortable in your work place. Gossip is harmful in any situation and she should know better. You did the right thing so just continue to do the right thing!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Ignis Dismantled said:

my co-worker who was talking mad about the manager has gone to delete me from a social media site 

This guy has a great collection  of helpful videos to help identify and resolve issues with that kind of person.

Edited by Sassy Kenin
Bad grammar as always

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.