What are you actually peeved about today ?

Ted McGregor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm peeved now I didn't get to say what I wanted to say in the other thread now that it's locked.  

I had once thought having a GD Off Topic section for the forum moved elsewhere would be better for SL in general and leaving this GD discussion area front and center for topics about GD SL only.  Well, that never happened, splitting the two, and still here we are with lots of fights and name-calling.  I like inworld SL much better than the forums but I know many people can and do burnout on SL and tend to like the forums better or perhaps even just as much.  But, now that my SL home is fixed I can't wait to get back inworld and leave these fights out of my life for awhile or to start using block if it begins to occur.  

As far as a particular person, I felt their living out their SL here on the forums was full of super drama and I was even beginning to wonder if it was real or not...or just all made up stuff to ruffle feathers or to gain attention.  I don't know the actual truth as to whether it was made up stuff or not...but I do know the person said they wanted to be "the Jenna Jameson of SL" early on when they came to the forum, so obviously the person does want a lot of attention.  I don't, however, hate the person and merely wanted a chance to say that.  It's more the wanting to be "the Jenna Jameson of SL" and the severe melodramatics that made me pull back, not that they are a horrible, deplorable person for their occupation in SL or anything like that and I wanted a chance to say that.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Oh, oh, a first life one that comes around this time of year if you have obligations to see people that you don’t usually make an effort to see and you get to remember why that is… People who make jokes that really aren’t funny. Like super not funny, but of course if you point it out ‘oh gosh (Fauve’s Typist) that was just a little joke, wow you just can’t take a joke’.
Rawr.

• Like 1

Well, RL keeps intruding on my time, and I had a great little derail post that vanished into the ether when that other thread (not the former peeves thread) was locked.  And then, I went to post a peeve about it and lo and behold but the second peeves thread has been locked and I missed out on posting before the lock (which it also peeves me to remember that my little dancing lock gif has gone awol, so I didn't get to use it again even though I can't because, repeat as needed)

• Like 2

Today's Peeve:   Support.  

The latest rollout of the forum software from Invision screwed up the Search functionality within the Community pages. Like the MP, you used to be able to use AND and OR to do a boolean search -- i.e. specify "Term1 AND Term2" and it would only show results that contain both 'term1' and 'term2'.  However, these days when you use the word AND, it now searches for the actual word "and".

So, I opened up a ticket to let LL know.  They closed the ticket with the response of "Customer Support does not have any direct input in the features and functions on the Forums".  

The least they could have done was say, "Oh, okay, we (as the Invision software customer) will report it to them".  

I mean, it's not like I can go report it to them, since I'm not a customer of Invision software.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Like the MP, you used to be able to use AND and OR to do a boolean search -- i.e. specify "Term1 AND Term2" and it would only show results that contain both 'term1' and 'term2'.  However, these days when you use the word AND, it now searches for the actual word "and".

I had no idea you could do this.

Am I permitted to be retroactively peeved? I haven't checked the thread rules yet.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I had no idea you could do this.

Enter two or three words in the search box.  On the results page, look at what they show right under your search words.  It will be something like this:

image.png.6bd5ac57a58dad94cb81990e02305edd.png

The first option "linden premium renewal" would search for that exact phrase -- all 3 words together in that order.

The second option SHOULD do a boolean search -- and it USED TO.   

However, put the AND in there (as the example shows) and you get things like the below, which is flagging the word "and" as being found - and the results do not necessarily have all 3 words, which is what the AND used to do:

image.png.02436fff2c6953ab00247705489a4356.png

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

However, put the AND in there (as the example shows) and you get things like the below, which is flagging the word "and" as being found - and the results do not necessarily have all 3 words, which is what the AND used to do

Well, that's dumb. And pretty rudimentary. It doesn't look as though they've removed the option, because it still suggests what appears to be a Boolean search. It looks instead like it's broken.

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, that's dumb. And pretty rudimentary. It doesn't look as though they've removed the option, because it still suggests what appears to be a Boolean search. It looks instead like it's broken.

Hence why I opened a Support ticket to report this issue.......... and they basically just brushed it aside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Are we supposed to use forums feedback or the jira then and not support for wonky forum stuffs?  

It seems very rare that we get an official response in Forum Feedback. It's happened occasionally, but mostly it seems to be a place for us to gripe and whine.

In other words, pretty indistinguishable from the rest of the forum.

• Haha 1

Peeve: Pop OS (yet another Ubuntu derived Linux distro) deciding to do one of its infamous random freezes while I'm in the middle of something.  This only started recently and from all the searching I've done, there is no definitive reason why it's happening. 

TL;DR : Linux user nerd rant. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Are we supposed to use forums feedback or the jira then and not support for wonky forum stuffs?  

Definitely not JIRA, since that is specifically to SL bugs and new feature requests.

Forum Feedback might work. Maybe someone will read it that understands the actual issue and what I was trying to do.  The Support person basically said "we cannot do anything about forum software".   She didn't seem to understand that I wasn't asking LL to actually fix it themselves.   Once I'm full awake, I'll open a thread in that area.  Thanks for that idea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TDD123 said:
8 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

One can select several forum issues by subject while creating a ticket.

Actually, there is no Support ticket category for any Forum issue other than a login issue.

The primary Issue Types are:
image.png.5b39437aae7aa00e777d3fbcb524e32f.png

Under "Technical Questions", you then get the following choices, none of which are applicable here:
image.png.282998078004f8fd6b008b998915e217.png

Under 'Account Issue", there is a "Web Login Issues", but that is the only reference to the web on any of the Issue Types.

None of the other 'Issue Types' even come close.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, there is no Support ticket category for any Forum issue other than a login issue.

The primary Issue Types are:
image.png.5b39437aae7aa00e777d3fbcb524e32f.png

Under "Technical Questions", you then get the following choices, none of which are applicable here:
image.png.282998078004f8fd6b008b998915e217.png

Under 'Account Issue", there is a "Web Login Issues", but that is the only reference to the web on any of the Issue Types.

None of the other 'Issue Types' even come close.

Did you look under "Other Second Life Properties"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.