Where was your first home?

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had anticipated the opening of Belliseria for months, and then when the moment was there, I was among the first to get a home there. 
I first went for a traditional in Deckard, this parcel to be exact and got it on the first try but after just hours I decided I wanted a houseboat instead. 
I tried again and immediately landed my houseboat in Fourze which I held until I decided I wanted a Victorian. The Vic was harder to get because I kept getting homes in places that I did not enjoy, or the house of my choice was broken (that was a thing for a while) but eventually landed a home in a beautiful spot in Bloodroot and that's where I live now.

All links link to the parcels that I lived on or still live at. Please don't bother current tenants, they may not enjoy unannounced guests. However, feel free to drop in at my current home at Bloodroot if you wish. Come in, whether I am home or not.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I got an abandoned houseboat in the north-east when the Pickle was released, stayed there for about three months. It didn't bother me that it wasn't on the Pickle because I liked being near the trads, it felt a bit more realistic. I might take a boat up there later to see who has it now and whether the neighbour with the fullbright tree and giant wooden box on her deck is still there.

• Like 6

I came in late to the show. The Log homes had recently been released and even though I came for a houseboat I ended up with a log home instead. I can not remember where it was located any longer. I stayed there for a month or so and watched the land page for houseboat and eventually switched to that. Many houses later, I am now in a Victorian I adore and also have an amazing trad on Humansville that I will probably keep for a very long time.

• Like 5

First read about the new LH's about a year ago or so.  Abandoned my old-style LH only to find that no new-style LH's were available.  I was pissed.  Kinda the final straw, even hovered my mouse pointer over the Cancel Membership button.  Decided to wait a bit, and go explore Belli -- just cuz *I* don't have a home doesn't mean I can't enjoy the new area.  And wow:  People had their doors open, some places had signs up for cafes, and there were actually not only people walking around but people who'd talk to you!  It felt like the old days.  A Second Life Renaissance!  So I decided to wait.

And wait.

And wait.

After a month or two, suddenly there was a new style:  Vics.  I didn't get one right away, but eventually a new region opened up, and I was in the right place at the right time.  I don't recall the region name, but it had one of those mazes with an obelisk in the middle.  My home was one of the spots that was opposite one of those cirlces-with-a-bench that come out of the maze-plaza's spokes.

I didn't like it.  I couldn't figure out what to put in it.  I put up some Chanukah decorations and a big menorah outside.  That's it.  Come January, I got rid of it, to try for a Trad or Houseboat.  I didn't like the Trads I wound up with, and even through back my first Houseboat due to deplorable regional lag.

Then I found my dream home, my current Houseboat at the corner spot of four regions.  Then my friend found a beautiful trailer spot in the kitty-corner region, another friend snagged a houseboat that happened to not only be in my region, but right next door (I think my habit of going outside to fart, while nice to people in my home, added pollutants to the outdoor air and this drove the neighbors away), and my alt got a camper just a 150 meters away from my houseboat, through a walk in a hilly park.

The Game of Homes Mantra:  Good things come to those who wait.

• Like 9

Thanks for all of these replies - it IS great to see some people rolled a winner and stayed in their first place but at least now that Bellisseria is bigger with more themes people feel they can change home if they want to and experience a different level of the place without any prejudice as there was a bit in the beginning for hoppers and people who were determined to find what they liked. I know there are still others out there with no home but it seems lots of us started with abandons ourselves... :) 

• Like 8

My first home was in Evallen or Ewallen, not sure about the spelling. I think these first release homes lasted 1-2 days because so few people knew about them. I had both a house and a houseboat in Ewallen, on an alt.

I was very exited, and said several times in the forum that Bellisseria was for ever, and I would keep the locations for ever... 🤣 I had to eat crow on that. I found out that the massive amount of houseboats in Ewallen caused lag, and I also found out that a boat in the middle of the row was not so attractive anymore.

But I was so exited about my first home. When my houseboat alt abandoned his boat in Ewallen, he got a plot in Humansville, and I thought it was jackpot. This was an abandon, the summer after the first release in April. I was also going to stay the rest of my avatar life in Humansville... and so on. I also said never Mainland again. You know what comes next... I was wrong. I am like a politician. 😩

I have both a Trad and a Houseboat in Bellisseria, at least one will be abandoned, because I will try a Stilt home. I have learnt a lesson, and will not say a place is for ever home again. I may keep a Bellisseria place just in case. I have tried an amazing Victorian, a great Log Home... I have made people happy about the places I have abandoned, for sure.

• Like 9

My first Bellisseria home is the one I still have in Sagarc - I abaondoned my Meadowbrook (which was a great spot) and I was fortunate enough to get it last year (May I think) whilst playing the refresh game - I was just about to give up after constantly missing out, and getting really fed up with it,  but held in there, and it is exactly the type of spot I wanted. So I had no plans to abandon at all, since the other homes so far don't really suit my tastes, lovely as they are.   But then...I saw the stilt homes on water...😍 ...so when they are released I will be abandoning it, and I hope someone will enjoy the spot too. I just hope there will be enough stilt homes made (the ones over water) to satisfy the demand (which I'm guessing will be high).

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I was very exited, and said several times in the forum that Bellisseria was for ever, and I would keep the locations for ever... 🤣 I was also going to stay the rest of my ava I also said never Mainland again. You know what comes next... I was wrong. I am like a politician. 

I have had like 50 forever homes, and only one of them is my actual dream one... So apart from my little Camper, I dont think I will call any other place 'home', I know It won't last 🤣

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

I honestly cannot remember the region my first Belli home was on but it was a traditional home in some inland area.  I didn't keep it an incredibly long time but moved up to another place after a short while.  I have moved through a couple of house boats, a trailer and a couple of victorians before finally deciding that whilst it is lovely and I do love flying and sailing there, it just didn't suit me to keep a home there.

• Like 5

I've been lurking for a while, this post made me want to actually join the conversation. I love hearing everyone's experience in finding a place in Belli!

My first home was actually my boyfriend's, he got a houseboat (and he's kept it) in the massive Pickle release, in fact it is right by the Pickle Stand! I was longing for a trad though so I went premium and lucked into our home on the waterway in Passwall and haven't budged. Since then our alts have picked up a camper and just yesterday a Vic in Thomsgate! Feeling the lure of 'Game of Homes' though, its kind of a thrill when you get one!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2020 at 7:20 AM, Elena Core said:

I got my first home when Fofita was released, a beautiful Trad in a corner, really close to the beach.

The garden had some massive rocks, but I was so happy I had finally got one, that I did not mind. 

My first home was Fofita too! I think it had just been released because all the people there were just moving in. Plot was half sand, half grass, weird hedge placements, but like you, I was just too excited I actually got one to care. It was by the little pond there. When I was told it was named after a mole's cat, and there was a picnic area there with a kitty, I thought I'd stay forever. Well....

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

My first home was Fofita too! I think it had just been released because all the people there were just moving in. Plot was half sand, half grass, weird hedge placements, but like you, I was just too excited I actually got one to care. It was by the little pond there. When I was told it was named after a mole's cat, and there was a picnic area there with a kitty, I thought I'd stay forever. Well....

Yes Morena, we were neighbours!!! I was in the corner right across from you, on the other side of the street :)  You had a beautiful home there 

• Like 5

We first became aware of Belli on June 21st 2019, didn't visit until the 27th.  Started the "When did you last see" thread before getting a place!  Finally scored a sandy trad abandon with hedges in Colchester on July 3rd.  Abandoned & kept trying and scored an abandoned boat way up in Pygmy, was enchanted, but left when my partner got our boat in Fourze right opposite the lighthouse!  We've done 3 builds for it, and have it still.  Just love it there.

The first trad we actually stayed in for quite some time was in Bellaterra.  We loved the location, though we had trouble furnishing the home, learning a lot about how to choose an addon, how to access water, lowprim living, etc..  Left there when we got our place in Foxbridge.  Still have Foxbridge, looking forward to maybe redecorating if LL brings out new interior layouts for trads.

One of those early gets, perhaps Foxbridge?, was actually accidentally acquired during a release.  That started a LONG time of building expertise in stalking releases and claiming/abandoning homes rapidly during releases.  We were pros by the time the campers came out.  We also did very well during the Vic and Vic Seacoast releases.   It takes us a long time to furnish a Vic, tho, so after lucking out once recently and getting a great parcel along LogLand's west coast, we decided to abandon it and not look at Vics any more.

I got a hankering for a boat of my own recently, so hunted for a little while and am once again happily retired, hopefully until the stilts arrive. 

*Looks around nervously for any news about Cloud Uplift or signs of life from Patch*

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Minha primeira casa em Bellisseria foi adquirida no início de julho de 2019 em Cape Lively, uma casa de barcos que adorei e onde nasceu meu gosto atual por velejar em Bellisseria. Nunca morei em Tradicionais, porque mesmo na RL minha casa está longe de ser tradicional; quando os vitorianos partiram resolvi experimentar uma conta alternativa, pois não queria perder a casa-barco, e depois de alguns cliques consegui uma linda localização com o mar no quintal da casa e quase no mesmo nível , Eu poderia colocar um barco na água sem muito esforço. Então decidi que era hora de arriscar pegar uma casa-barco na ponta das ilhas, desisti da casa Cape Lively e acabei pegando uma tradicional, um trailer, só para ter os objetos e texturas da minha conta principal, acontece que também ganhei um vitoriano em Granby Court,which came with everything right, the location, the landscaping in the size and colors I like, and in my main account ... so I am there today.

Agora tenho dois alts um em Trafalgar com a casa do barco na ponta da ilha em um terreno longo como eu gosto, e uma cabana em Banmis Highlands à beira de uma lagoa que também é um lugar muito bonito, mas provavelmente será substituído por uma palafita quando essas casas estão disponíveis.

Edited by Nando Yip
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

You should go visit Fofita....there is a very interesting house there now...no two... o.O

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 2:55 AM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

My first Bellisseria home is the one I still have in Sagarc 

I had a houseboat there for a really long time.  Got it the day the Squishy Pickle was released and held it until early this year.  I debated a long time on location when I nabbed my current houseboat with an Alt.  It took me many, many days to decide which location I preferred.  I still miss the Sagarc location sometimes.

• Like 9

My first one was a houseboat in Isthill. I loved the area, it was quiet, low lag and a very nice neighbor across the way. I think I held onto it much longer than anything else for a long time. I did finally look for another area to live in only because I wanted the boat to face a different way. Had a few other houseboats in between. I know it was in the first release or soon thereafter - May 2019ish

• Like 5

On 9/23/2020 at 5:07 PM, Nando Yip said:

Minha primeira casa em Bellisseria foi adquirida no início de julho de 2019 em Cape Lively, uma casa de barcos que adorei e onde nasceu meu gosto atual por velejar em Bellisseria. Nunca morei em Tradicionais, porque mesmo na RL minha casa está longe de ser tradicional; quando os vitorianos partiram resolvi experimentar uma conta alternativa, pois não queria perder a casa-barco, e depois de alguns cliques consegui uma linda localização com o mar no quintal da casa e quase no mesmo nível , Eu poderia colocar um barco na água sem muito esforço. Então decidi que ...

I always want to hear what Nando has to say. And it sounds so sexy in Portuguese!

"My first house in Bellisseria was acquired in the beginning of July of 2019 in Castrate Lively, a house of boats what I adored and where my current taste was born because of sailing in Bellisseria. I never lived in Traditional, because even in the RL my house is far from being traditional; when the vitorianos left I resolved to try an alternative count, since it did not want to lose the house-boat, and after some clicks I got a lovely location with the sea in the back yard of the house and almost in the same level, I might put a boat in the water without great effort. Then decide what was an hour of risking to catch a house-boat in the tip of the islands, give up of the house Castrate Lively and I finished catching the traditional one, a trailer, only to have the objects and textures of my principal count, it happens that I also gained a vitoriano in Granby Court, which came with everything right, the location, the landscaping in the size and colors I like, and in my main account ... alone I am there today."

"Now I have two alts one in Trafalgar with the house of the boat in the tip of the island in a long land as I like, and a hut in Banmis Highlands on the edge of a pond that also is a very pretty place, but probably it will be substituted by a stilts when these houses are available."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

As a complete noob in 2007 I made a first friend on the camping chairs (sit and earn 5L$ for 15 minutes or so) at this dutch Neophyte Gabber Club :D She, me and 2 friends later shared a little parcel of a sim. We had a "builder" there who built us our houses (as I said, we were super-noobs lol). On the parcel next to ours I met other people and we shared a whole sim together - we even met in RL :) 

SL goes RL back in SL 2009-09.jpg

Edited by Dakota Linden
[Moderator Edit: RL Image removed]
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

after  about a month and a week of refreshing, i finally got my first home in bellisseria on june 21st , 2019, which i still have open to public today in old west bellisseria , with open rez up to 70 li , a couple vehicle rezzers for public use. Stop by for a beer or  ice cream and more fun... the dog is friendly , just a little salty .....https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/West Ivory/200/168/0

the salty dog.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

I think my first house was a traditional in Longbridge, then moved to Foxbridge a really cute spot overlooking a little park and channel, then when the Squishy Pickle released got a very nice boat with a sea view up top in Ixa.  Since then have moved around a lot and it is always so exciting to discover what makes each new house special, I want to say a couple current spots are "forever homes" but you never know  :) 

• Like 6

I've had Linden Home off & on over the years but I was lucky enough to land a beach house in Graff the April when Gen 2 launched. I've since gotten into Game of Homes (decorate, stay a while, move on) as a relaxing solitary diversion. But I keep a picture of the first Graff house around for sentiment.

Thanks to North for the nifty address giver

Beach house dreams

Edited by KatHeartsong Kaos
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.