NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, angels Oxygen said:

I saw someone on my flickr page already had a beach house . How is that possible if they arent released yet ?

There are many Traditionals and Victorians by the beach, it might be that. The doyle model framing is actually quite similar

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Wait.  This is what he said, earlier in this thread.

I read this as: there will be two types of stilt homes on the Land Page:

1. Fully over water
  2. Stairs anchored to land

I'm thinking the ones on docks that have a ramp connecting them to the dock still count as #1, fully over water.

Something I noticed on the stilt homes, and don't recall seeing mentioned here yet, is that there is a notation "OL" (over land) or "OW" (over water) in the actual names of each model shown.

The houses that are fully on land have the OL designation, and the houses fully on water have the OW designation. The houses that are connected to the dock by a ramp also have the OW designation.

With these designations, I agree that houses with a ramp count as "over water". 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:44 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Havana is small but has plenty of deck space. I like small ones like this because I can clutter them up better.

I really like the look of the Havana. When the homes on stilts become available or homes that are on the beach I may be open to giving up my houseboat. 

To be totally nitpicky, 4 different types of plots.

Land houses, 2 variations:

Totally on land, with stairs down to the ground. The back terrace(s) is over dry ground.

Half and half, with stairs to the ground in front and the back terrace over water. This is working as a dock for boats.

We could call them stair houses.

Water houses, 2 variations:

Connected to a pier with a ramp, not stairs. Totally over water, but connected.

Placed 100% in water, no connection to the land, no stairs or ramps.

I am thinking that all the 4 could be interesting for me, but location, location, location. Not the back porch/back terrace facing other houses. If I remember correct, we have not been able to look at the regions before they were released for the previous styles. That is what is killing me, when we see regions, but we can not enter, and it is not possible to cam into them either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2081313127_LindenHomeChoiceLogHomes.thumb.PNG.0fa9440ccae775fcea892655c48fb3a0.PNG

On 27th June I started a new poll where everyone could vote for their favourite Linden Home theme and here are the results for that poll (see above). In total there was 173 votes in this poll. It's a quick snapshot of what people think of all Linden Home themes so far. 

It's interesting that Log Cabins and Houseboats came out on top. The old Linden Home themes did not do very well.

Hopefully the lab and moles will take note of this going forward. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

It's interesting that Log Cabins and Houseboats came out on top. The old Linden Home themes did not do very well.

For me traditional theme is number one and houseboat theme is the second. Most likely the stilt homes will be the number one for me when they are released. Personally I feel that the location might be even more important than the house type.

Log cabin regions have too dark theme, they look kind of sad. For realistic forest feel there should be less log cabins per region (perhaps max 10) and a lot more trees instead of the cabins. Anyway, the nature in Randelsham Forest region looks very nice.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

2081313127_LindenHomeChoiceLogHomes.thumb.PNG.0fa9440ccae775fcea892655c48fb3a0.PNG

On 27th June I started a new poll where everyone could vote for their favourite Linden Home theme and here are the results for that poll (see above). In total there was 173 votes in this poll. It's a quick snapshot of what people think of all Linden Home themes so far. 

That's funny - I was just thinking about doing a poll this morning., you beat me to it:) I'm surprised to see Stilt only at 13% I thought they'd come higher up. Of course, the number who read the forums and participate are probably only a fraction of the overall Premium user base, so those numbers might not accurately reflect what the real favourites are in the the full Premium home owner population. Interesting, nevertheless:)

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

That's funny - I was just thinking about doing a poll this morning., you beat me to it:) I'm surprised to see Stilt only at 13% I thought they'd come higher up. Of course, the number who read the forums and participate are probably only a fraction of the overall Premium user base, so those numbers might not accurately reflect what the real favourites are in the the full Premium home owner population. Interesting, nevertheless:)

Yeah. I have been thinking about it for a few months. I know it's a tiny amount who voted compared to everyone that is on premium but its a quick snapshot on whats popular at the moment. I think Stilt and other new themes will go up in popularity this time next year. I will do another one at the end of the year on my blog. 

I wonder if there is a way of getting the Lindens or the Moles to set up a new open Linden Home theme poll on the Linden Homes section of these Second Life Forums. Maybe 1 or 2 a year to see whats popular etc. Perhaps a poll on possible future Linden Home themes to find out what could be popular. 

@Patch Linden Just a open poll with all the current/newer LH themes. Surely that may help with future developments on the new homes going forward. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

Log cabin regions have too dark theme, they look kind of sad. For realistic forest feel there should be less log cabins per region (perhaps max 10) and a lot more trees instead of the cabins. 

I am partial to the log cabins, they are my favorite because they remind me of when I had a home in Truckee, a beautiful mountain town by Lake Tahoe.  At first I hopped a lot with the log homes, trying for one of the coveted "water on 2 sides" river level parcels, and when I finally landed one it felt too open, in the sight lines of too many houses.  Abandoned it and picked up a home in Bindlestiff with a drive through redwood, park and lake view in front, and hills in back and one side that form a "Vee".  I built a small waterfall in the Vee using a Skye kit which made me think of Coby and her gorgeous river and water additions :)    When the news is bad in the world, I like to go to my little meditation spot by the waterfall and relax, it is hidden and secluded.    I am looking forward to the stilt home release, so light and airy and watery...however I think I will be hanging on to my little cabin in the woods for a long time!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Judging on what type that is more often on the land page, I would place the Houseboats on top, Victorians second, Traditionals, Log houses and Campers last.

We used to joke when a mixed region of Traditionals and Campers was released, that  camper was "hanging" on the page. It did not sell out first. Always Traditionals that got picked first. Campers stayed on an hour or more after release.

The number of homes may also affect what type that's coming up on the homes page? I have not seen a list over how many boats, Trads, Vics and the rest that is made. Is it double as many of Log homes as the other kinds, maybe? Anyone knows?

I would be very surprised to see Stilts on top now. Who goes to see the demos, unless you are hardcore users of this forum?

A small number of votes like that, it can not reflect the true demand. I doubt @Patch Lindenwill make a poll, because the plans for the next three themes is ready, he said it in an interview somewhere. LL does not make polls before they decide what themes they make. Maybe they will in the future, but at the moment they don't do it.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Judging on what type that is more often on the land page, I would place the Houseboats on top, Victorians second, Traditionals, Log houses and Campers last.

We used to joke when a mixed region of Traditionals and Campers was released, that  camper was "hanging" on the page. It did not sell out first. Always Traditionals that got picked first. Campers stayed on an hour or more after release.

The number of homes may also affect what type that's coming up on the homes page? I have not seen a list over how many boats, Trads, Vics and the rest that is made. Is it double as many of Log homes as the other kinds, maybe? Anyone knows?

I would be very surprised to see Stilts on top now. Who goes to see the demos, unless you are hardcore users of this forum?

A small number of votes like that, it can not reflect the true demand. I doubt @Patch Lindenwill make a poll, because the plans for the next three themes is ready, he said it in an interview somewhere. LL does not make polls before they decide what themes they make. Maybe they will in the future, but at the moment they don't do it.

I would say Trad/Vic is first because there are fewer houseboats overall, so we see them less.

• Like 1

Just now, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I would say Trad/Vic is first because there are fewer houseboats overall, so we see them less.

One thing is sure, boats are harder to get. I just put an alt in Premium, and she got a Traditional after 10 minutes. But I am hunting the Traditional with optimal location, so I abandoned it.

• Like 3

I was reading the comments of some before the excitement of the next launches for bellisseria, I think that the work that Linden is developing for SL is great, I think they try to please everyone by offering different options for the tastes of each and every one. there will be things that we like more or in other cases less talking about the options of decoration and location of the houses, since many fear for issues of railings or stairs etc ... I think that all opinions are good because they give new ideas and solutions but you cannot always please everyone and less when the themes are for everyone equally. However, I think that giving options for handrails or interior wall edges (which by the way is something that I would have liked to come in the Victorian houses package) among other things are helpful to customize the houses to suit each individual. I personally like to see the decoration of the houses and as far as the imagination of some people can go, I have seen incredible and beautiful decorations in them. even ideas that would never have occurred to me. Although personally all the themes seem attractive to me, I would very much like a nice Japanese-style house, although I am not sure that this theme will reach bellisseria. but who knows, maybe someday. Let us be patient, let us give positive ideas to the benefit of the entire community rather than our own tastes. I am sure that the imagination of each one will solve any problem of detail, we will also have new topics in the future, perhaps we will find in some of them the perfect place!

Edited by Sapphiro Bayn
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Sapphiro Bayn said:

Although personally all the themes seem attractive to me, I would very much like a nice Japanese-style house, although I am not sure that this theme will reach bellisseria. but who knows, maybe someday. Let us be patient, let us give positive ideas to the benefit of the entire community rather than our own tastes. I am sure that the imagination of each one will solve any problem of detail, we will also have new topics in the future, perhaps we will find in some of them the perfect place!

Actually I would not be surprised at all if this becomes a theme.  I would think a very smart idea on the part of SL would be to take the themes from the old linden homes, give them a fresh new look and make them new themes in Belli.  I think one of their goals is to get people to move from the old Linden homes to the new ones so one way of encouraging that would be to create similar but updated versions of it with mesh and the kind of landscaping we have all come to know and love about Belli.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Actually I would not be surprised at all if this becomes a theme.  I would think a very smart idea on the part of SL would be to take the themes from the old linden homes, give them a fresh new look and make them new themes in Belli.  I think one of their goals is to get people to move from the old Linden homes to the new ones so one way of encouraging that would be to create similar but updated versions of it with mesh and the kind of landscaping we have all come to know and love about Belli.

the truth is that it is not a bad idea to encourage those who still keep the old houses, to give them a similar but improved environment, perhaps with more detailed and real houses with more than one or two rooms, lanterns with Japanese-style pathways and trees cherry, ainssss how cute! I'm even imagining it. Another style that I love is the Provencal houses, I imagine everything decorated with cypresses or lavender, rustic stone bridges, earth colors and green fields, awww that beauty!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sapphiro Bayn said:

the truth is that it is not a bad idea to encourage those who still keep the old houses, to give them a similar but improved environment, perhaps with more detailed and real houses with more than one or two rooms, lanterns with Japanese-style pathways and trees cherry,

AND higher Land Impact.  😄

• Like 2

I have a question. Are we allowed to rez like picnic table or lounge chairs on the sand/beach around or houseboats?  I see some near mine but I don't know if it's for me to use or the Linden people put it out or other Residents.  I don't want to just assume and get in trouble. 

3 minutes ago, MsAfrodite said:

I have a question. Are we allowed to rez like picnic table or lounge chairs on the sand/beach around or houseboats?  I see some near mine but I don't know if it's for me to use or the Linden people put it out or other Residents.  I don't want to just assume and get in trouble. 

You won't have rez rights on any of the public land -- so you can't get in trouble.  You can use whatever is already there -- sitting at a picnic table, etc...

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You can use anything that is on public "protected" land.  The moles often put seats for residents to use on HB docks, which are protected land, as well. 

If a resident contrives to put something out on public land, feel free to use it, or abuse report it, as you wish.  I have a couple of LH chairs out beyond a camper parcel, overlooking a nice view.  I hope that people use them -  but if some Mole or Linden makes them go poof some day, I'm resigned to that too :)

If a resident contrives to put something on your land, or overhanging it, you can Abuse Report it.  You can also report anything a resident places beyond their parcel, but often LL will not take action on fairly benign infringements.  A common problem in Belli is people parking their cars in front of their house, definitely frowned upon by LL.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.