NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/1/2020 at 3:40 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

On 27th June I started a new poll where everyone could vote for their favourite Linden Home theme and here are the results for that poll (see above). In total there was 173 votes in this poll. It's a quick snapshot of what people think of all Linden Home themes so far. 

It's interesting that Log Cabins and Houseboats came out on top. The old Linden Home themes did not do very well.

Hopefully the lab and moles will take note of this going forward. 

Interesting.

For me it gets complicated when I factor in the surrounds.

I had a log cabin, but I eventually got rid of it because I find the log cabin regions too repetitive without unique amenities and most key; lack of access to open water. There is that one doughnut lake that connects to an outer river - but the odds for getting there were very low and I didn't make it through - giving up about 70% of the way through them coming out when I realized that it was still a limited water path.

I think the rationale for log cabin popularity is the same as the Victorian - it is popular because it is newest.

Houseboat seems logical near the top because you can do so much with it - they all connect to a wide open exploration path. Even the worst of the badly placed ones would - wherever those are.

I would expect trads to be second because they tend to have the most individually unique regions. At the times the trads came out the moles and lindens were making things at a slower pace and at least for the ones made that are not adjacent to the Victorians almost every last region is unique.

I do wonder if in time that will push their popularity up.

Tying this back to the thread's purpose... the stilted houses - I like the look of them, just like I did the log cabins. But a lot will depend on where they end up. If they end on rows and rows of beaches and shallow waterfronts (like the pickle parts of houseboats) but with very poor sailing access I will probably get one and then toss it back a month later - like I did with log cabins. If they end up placed like continent-ringing houseboats are - around a continent with that continent holding other things - I will likely look for a keeper.

If they end up like the pickles - the rows and rows but with good sailing... I will struggle over the choice but likely not keep it because I already have a houseboat that is not in a pickle.

My biggest fear for the stilts is the victorians and the log cabins both used a lot of clone regions - and the ratio of clone to unique has been steadily favoring clones. In fact when Victorians came out we started seeing trads, campers, and houseboats added that were clones (I live in one - but it's not a pickle and is located such as to keep things more unique)... I fear that as the themes roll on out - we will see a greater reliance on clones. Eventually 'new linden homes' will be like old linden homes - entire continents that seem likea copy/paste of others even if they do go in an tweak some details it will still look like a clone from a distance. That will eventually make having a 'first year new linden home' a bit of a sought after thing.

Location matters. Not so much in the short term when a theme is new - but over time I think it adds up. At least for me.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Interesting.

For me it gets complicated when I factor in the surrounds.

I had a log cabin, but I eventually got rid of it because I find the log cabin regions too repetitive without unique amenities and most key; lack of access to open water. There is that one doughnut lake that connects to an outer river - but the odds for getting there were very low and I didn't make it through - giving up about 70% of the way through them coming out when I realized that it was still a limited water path.

I think the rationale for log cabin popularity is the same as the Victorian - it is popular because it is newest.

Houseboat seems logical near the top because you can do so much with it - they all connect to a wide open exploration path. Even the worst of the badly placed ones would - wherever those are.

I would expect trads to be second because they tend to have the most individually unique regions. At the times the trads came out the moles and lindens were making things at a slower pace and at least for the ones made that are not adjacent to the Victorians almost every last region is unique.

I do wonder if in time that will push their popularity up.

Tying this back to the thread's purpose... the stilted houses - I like the look of them, just like I did the log cabins. But a lot will depend on where they end up. If they end on rows and rows of beaches and shallow waterfronts (like the pickle parts of houseboats) but with very poor sailing access I will probably get one and then toss it back a month later - like I did with log cabins. If they end up placed like continent-ringing houseboats are - around a continent with that continent holding other things - I will likely look for a keeper.

If they end up like the pickles - the rows and rows but with good sailing... I will struggle over the choice but likely not keep it because I already have a houseboat that is not in a pickle.

Location matters. Not so much in the short term when a theme is new - but over time I think it adds up. At least for me.

I could not have said this better myself... Uniqueness and location are so important to me personally.  My hope is that they will use the stilts mostly like the houseboats were utilized at the edges of other themes.  The Squishy pickle atoll is around 700 house boats... my first home in Bellisseria was there and i was out of the squishy pickle within a month.  If they were to cluster Stilts into an enormous super atoll... something 7 or 8 times the size of the Squishy pickle that would be a lot of odd waterway boating just to get a boat out to open ocean.  

With this said the design of the Stilts is amazing, i love them and I'm really hoping that i will fall in love with the area they are placed in too.  But at the end of the day map placement is important if you are an explorer

And yes I think the original Trads will definitely always be popular because of their uniqueness.

Right now if I had to rate the 5 themes keeping in mind desirable location and uniqueness in lots my list would be...

1) Traditionals

2) Houseboats

3) Campers

4) Victorians

5) Log Homes

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 3

You won't have rez rights on any of the public land -- so you can't get in trouble.  You can use whatever is already there -- sitting at a picnic table, etc...

You can use anything that is on public "protected" land.  The moles often put seats for residents to use on HB docks, which are protected land, as well. 

If a resident contrives to put something out on public land, feel free to use it, or abuse report it, as you wish.  I have a couple of LH chairs out beyond a camper parcel, overlooking a nice view.  I hope that people use them -  but if some Mole or Linden makes them go poof some day, I'm resigned to that too :)

If a resident contrives to put something on your land, or overhanging it, you can Abuse Report it.  You can also report anything a resident places beyond their parcel, but often LL will not take action on fairly benign infringements.  A common problem in Belli is people parking their cars in front of their house, definitely frowned upon by LL.

Thank you both for responding and keeping me out of trouble lol. So the only thing is "ours" is the houseboat. I did purchase the add-ons one being the deck with the pergola so I'm sure I will be on it a lot or sunbathing on the houseboat upper deck. 

12 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

There is that one doughnut lake that connects to an outer river - but the odds for getting there were very low and I didn't make it through - giving up about 70% of the way through them coming out when I realized that it was still a limited water path.

Where is that lake?  It sounds a bit like the lake I am on in Artagan but I don't think this lake has an exit to open water.  Thanks for the info if you remember!  🐵

45 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Where is that lake?  It sounds a bit like the lake I am on in Artagan but I don't think this lake has an exit to open water.  Thanks for the info if you remember!  🐵

Very odd, this was not me who said that.... are you sure you tagged the right person... With that said from the description is sounds like one of the big ponds in the log regions.... The water there is really rather small to be considered a lake in my opinion.  There are some nice size ponds in the logs just no connection to actual oceans.  You will also find most of the ponds repeat themselves 5-8 times over due to the way the regions were cloned.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:54 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

1784162607_SL17BEnchant30thJune_001.thumb.jpg.3e66039353d5ca73c1ca1d8c619e693a.jpg

View looking down at the new Stilt Linden homes. 

30/6/2020

What's interesting here, is considering that kind of house you might get if this layout becomes a "standard template." 

What kind of house will you get if you choose land or water?

7 sand houses

5 shoreland houses

7 pier houses

4 open water houses

12 = land

11 = water

---- 23 houses

Edited by DevinVaughn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Very odd, this was not me who said that.... are you sure you tagged the right person... With that said from the description is sounds like one of the big ponds in the log regions.... The water there is really rather small to be considered a lake in my opinion.  There are some nice size ponds in the logs just no connection to actual oceans.  You will also find most of the ponds repeat themselves 5-8 times over due to the way the regions were cloned.

Yes, so sorry!  That was Pussycat!

16 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Just curious, what do you mean by The Pickle?

Anyhoo, I'm ok with clones regions IF they also include unique features. Like Horizons. Cool little areas that are fun to explore. But the houses, thats a lot of work and the demand is high, so yeah, a template makes sense.  I just hope we have cool areas too.   Of the new homes, I would say the Lodge is good meeting area, Traditionals have lots of interesting areas to explore, but Horizons has all the LH home regions easily beat on coolness.

36 minutes ago, DevinVaughn said:

The Pickle is a term other people came up with, and if I was using it right, it refers to those house boats that start at around 'Deno' and go down to 'Bilgewater', and a second version over at 'Ashirra' down to 'Seas the Day'. I guess someone though the shape of that was like a pickle.

54 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My guess is she's referring to Dos Hermanos.

Yes. If you happen to have a plot that is on the waterline on that lake - you have access to the lake outside by sailing through the path at the west side of Dos Hermanos. But it's still an inland smaller route. If the log cabins had done something like the Northwest coast around Seattle to Vancouver where this kind of home comes right up to the ocean waterline I might have been more invested in wanting to get one of those. But instead they're all inland.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DevinVaughn said:

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The Pickle is a term other people came up with, and if I was using it right, it refers to those house boats that start at around 'Deno' and go down to 'Bilgewater', and a second version over at 'Ashirra' down to 'Seas the Day'. I guess someone though the shape of that was like a pickle.

Here is the story of the Pickle & Squishy Pickle

image.thumb.png.4bc4ae713eda0139fed03a8d8bb77641.png

• Like 4

On 7/4/2020 at 3:40 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

image.thumb.png.4bc4ae713eda0139fed03a8d8bb77641.png

WHOA!  That is totally the same island, just hallowed out inside!   XD XD XD

OMG that day that island went on sale was MADNESS. So many people at the border waiting to rush in. Like the Oklahoma Land Rush. I was hitting that Refresh button so hard.  xD XD

On 7/4/2020 at 2:10 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Wow.  I live in Deno.  I think its a nice spot, because I have some beach land to the side, and long narrow stretch infront that makes for a great addition for the skye beach.

• Like 1

Now that SL17B is gone, I figured I'm share my photo album of snaps (94 in total photos) I took when I visited. I meant to return and get more pictures but never got a chance.  Like many others, I'm excited for the release of this next theme. It'll be awhile and much excited patience on our part, but here's some more images to keep us inspired by.  Stilted homes photo album link:  click the image below

New Linden premium home theme - Stilt Houses

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

31 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Now that SL17B is gone...

It's still there:) I assume it will be taken down soon.

I'm quite sad actually - I love these new homes and have visited the demo quite a few times. If I don't get one (water, not land) I will be really...upset lol. Because I will have to take a risk and give up my beautiful houseboat to get one:( I really hope that the Lindens make enough of the water type ones, and don't give us something like 80% land ones and only 20% water, like it might be if the land mass is like former regions, so the water ones are only placed around the coastlines.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I'm quite sad actually - I love these new homes and have visited the demo quite a few times. If I don't get one (water, not land) I will be really...upset lol. Because I will have to take a reisk and give up my beautiful houseboat to get one:( I really hope that the Lindens make enough of the water type ones, and don't give us something like 80% land ones and only 20% water, like it might be if the land mass is like former regions, so the water ones are only placed around the coastlines.

oh maybe I'll run by to snap a few more pics quickly, ty!  (edit) 94 photos in the album

Edited by PrudenceAnton

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

7 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

oh maybe I'll run by to snap a few more pics quickly, ty!  

SL17B was extended a week until the 19th, so you have a couple of days :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/16/2020 at 2:46 AM, PrudenceAnton said:

oh maybe I'll run by to snap a few more pics quickly, ty!  (edit) 94 photos in the album

I went back and took more, 122 photos in the album in total and labeled to each house name.

I'll leave these house images up on my flickr for reference so people can go back and re-visualize their favorite Stilt home and plan for decorating.  After they are released the majority of these images I'll be removing from my own flickr.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I went back and took more, 122 photos in the album in total and labeled to each house name.

I'll leave these house images up on my flickr for reference so people can go back and re-visualize their favorite Stilt home and plan for decorating.  After they are released the majority of these images I'll be removing from my own flickr.

I will go back and take a look.  They are really pretty pics! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 7:46 AM, Raspberry Crystal said:

Managed to visit the new models, and the smaller ones seem quite appealing to me. The larger windows and open-plan layout are attractive, and the landscaping displayed is lovely to see outside the windows.
September will be great timing, presuming the cloud migration goes to plan.
It gives me plenty of time to do other things and hopefully come back to Belli in a new frame of mind.

Where can I see the new models in SL world?

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There was a demo region at SL17B but the event and regions are gone now the theme is expected to land later in the year when there's capacity to create the region's needed

In addition to what Claireschen says, according to the ACS calender there is an  expo in October, and usually LL showcase the homes at ACS events,  so it's possible they'll show them again, or maybe the additional theme Patch suggested might be released with the stilt homes later this year. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LulabellsAmour said:

Where can I see the new models in SL world?

Since the demo display at SL17B is gone, the best thing we got to look at the houses is Prudences flickr album, which she postes a earlier in this thread.

Edited by Syo Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.