How do you feel about religious humor in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You'll be going down that rabbit hole all by yourself. I know what you are trying to pull. You are not the first to try to rope me into that particular "conversation". I'm not getting banned because you want to twist my words. No. Not now. Not ever. People like you are why I won't have anything to do with any religion.

I'm not trying to pull anything.  

I just don't get your posts.  

I only quoted you because you were discussing skin color but it's something that's been known for a long time.  

But, I just don't get your posts and you are not getting banned...that's silly.  You haven't done anything wrong period.  

??????????????

People have differing opinions.  There is nothing wrong nor unusual about that nor anything to think you would be banned over.  Not at all.  

If you think religious humor is not stupid...that is not a crime; it's a preference.  And if I think it is stupid for the most part, that's my opinion on it.  But, there is other humor I think is stupid too.  I'm not a big "humor" person.  I said I am very picky about it.  It takes a lot to impress me re:  humor.   I also said in a thread about what I find attractive in a person is humor.  But he'd better be pretty dam good at it to impress me.  It's just the way I am.  I can only be myself.  There is nothing wrong with beings one's self.  I can't be anything else.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

My favourite is Buddy Christ

Buddy_christ.jpg

I've seen that one too.  

Here's one that goes around FB a lot.  It's not even funny.   This is where I've seen most religious humor FB and it's just not funny to me.   But, I have seen some very funny stuff on FB.  I like the animal ones.  Those are pretty funny videos.  

fb.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette

28 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I guess we can't all be sophisticated.

tenor-122781498.gif

She's stunning, isn't she?! So high class! Maybe weird, but even when she's making funny,faces, like below, she does it with such flair!

giphy.webp

ETA: And this was one of my pet peeves, sigh: google and their extremely passive-aggressive way of preventing you from linking a raw gif. RAWr.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 4

ok one more

person asks god: what is 1 sec to you? God says about a million of your years. Person then asks what is 1 million dollars to you? God says about 1 of your dollars. Person then asks: Can I have a million dollars? God says Sure! give me a sec will you

• Haha 10

There's some joke about Jesus, Moses and Tiger Woods playing golf and losing their balls in the water. Jesus walks on the water to retrieve his, Moses splits the water to retrieve his, and then I can't remember the rest of it. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Especially considering that the living person would have been dark(er) skinned with dark hair and eyes, not white skinned, blonde and blue eyed.

Fairre took the "living person" portion the wrong way is all. If you'd have put " ....in RL Jesus would have had.....", it might have been clearer? No need for people to gang up on her for that, especially considering you yourself seem to have a problem with my last post which I think was pretty simple to understand. Anyway, not picking sides here, just have a problem with people taking things the wrong way when it wasn't meant that way! ( and yes, it's because it's usually me on the recieving end! lol ).

Concerning your quote above....I remember many moons ago, while preparing to go into a verbal war with the Mormon and Jehovahs witnesses door knockers, I decided to read up on their history to get some ammunition etc. I forget which it was now (book of Mormon maybe?) and to cut a long story short (mainly because I've forgotten most of it), Jesus turned up in present day "some state" and decided to stay and invent "America"!
So, according to whichever gang's history it was/is, it's possible Jesus would have been light skinned....possibly blond (dyed), with an earring and a skateboard under his arm!

All of which just goes to show that "Religion" should'nt become a topic of conversation....ANYWHERE!  (Much the same as Taylor Swift!).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Mine wasn't about making fun of a religion..Even though there is room for humor in just about anything when done right..

It was about guy frustrated, still trying to do his job from home.

If it were about those that walked into the bar, we would have found out what happened..

someone walks into a bar is about as common as knock knock..

I just decided to put a spin on it and make it about the observer rather than those walking into the bar..

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.