How do you feel about religious humor in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

who is Seicher Rae?

Seicher Rae is a goddess of humility. She is the epitome of elegance and grace. Her intellect soars, her humor divine. She is quite possibly the most evolved person to have ever walked the Earth, and yet she's still so gosh darned adorable.  I worship her, but then I have to or she won't put food in my bowl.

Golly, if we asked "who is .... " about every Obvious Alt posting these days, that would be a long thread all on its own, no?

LFB

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

I can understand that. But if it's causing no harm in the forum might be best not to bring up a whole lot of things you differ on. The group might think you are wanting a fight and so turn against you.  Pick your battles wisely, I say   :)

No,  I don't want a fight.  I just needed a break from it not the poster themselves if that's the way they need to express themselves.  It felt a bit like spam to me over and over and over.  I wouldn't want overkill about anything in my feeds because overkill is overkill and that's all.  I don't know how others might feel if some of us were overkilling something else but I think they might feel the same way about "overkill" too.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I'm not Scylla. For one, she remembers stuff, and I keep forgetting things. 😊 My point being, there's this psychiatrist (who's name I forgot, doh), who basically splits up religious experiences in 4 stages:

1) Chaos (where ppl believe in nothing);

2) Organized Religion (where I'd say most ppl are, to date);

4) In this stage ppl simply believe because they want to, with their soul, and not because they have to, or out of fear. It's the highest state.

All this long-winded intro, just to get to stage

3) This is the pertinent stage at hand here, as it's the phase where ppl have abandoned organized religion, and are free-thinkers, as it were. Feeling liberated from organized religion, rites, must-do's, fear-mongering and what not, ppl in this stage are often acting out rebelliously against organized religion. Not out of disrespect, but simply for finally being free, and letting 'them' know it. And I think that's a lot of what we're seeing here.

So, again, I think you are 100% right. And I find it very encouraging to see you were able to so sharply identify this 3rd phase (while you may not even be aware of this psychiatrist's work). Me, I needed his book. 😁 So, kudos on you for yet another great post!

My best friend is an atheist. She seems to be at that 3rd stage you describe here.  She is compelled to tell everyone she's an atheist. Sometimes I just roll my eyes, and try to remember how she's been hurt by some religious nutjobs. She knows I'm a big fan of spirituality (not the organized religious type) and no doubt she thinks I'm nuttier than a fruitcake some days!

We're good friends.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Seicher Rae is a goddess of humility. She is the epitome of elegance and grace. Her intellect soars, her humor divine. She is quite possibly the most evolved person to have ever walked the Earth, and yet she's still so gosh darned adorable.  I worship her, but then I have to or she won't put food in my bowl.

Golly, if we asked "who is .... " about every Obvious Alt posting these days, that would be a long thread all on its own, no?

LFB

Yeah, LOL. That's like asking, Who is Taylor Swift?! 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Seicher Rae is a goddess of humility.

I'm still waiting for that darned hug though.

• Like 1

"Overkill" is in the eye of the beholder. There are certain posters who won't STFU or let a point freaking drop or let someone else have the last word, ever, and I consider THAT "overkill". Whatevs. 

tenor-238665435.gif

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:
18 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

I can understand that. But if it's causing no harm in the forum might be best not to bring up a whole lot of things you differ on. The group might think you are wanting a fight and so turn against you.  Pick your battles wisely, I say   :)

No,  I don't want a fight.  I just needed a break from it not the poster themselves if that's the way they need to express themselves.  It felt a bit like spam to me over and over and over.  I wouldn't want overkill about anything in my feeds because overkill is overkill and that's all.  I don't know how others might feel if some of us were overkilling something else but I think they might feel the same way about "overkill" too.

My experience is that when you tell people they are doing something 'too much', they just do it more     :)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If you don't like something on the forums, the scroll button is there for you.  I am not a Taylor Swift fan but thats not the point.  If its not something I am interested in, I scroll.   I just saw it as people connecting in an amusing way.  Which is more fun and lighthearted  than how a lot of others choose to connect on the forums.

Solidarity! :::paw in air:::

jason mamoa good girls.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

My best friend is an atheist. She seems to be at that 3rd stage you describe here.  She is compelled to tell everyone she's an atheist. Sometimes I just roll my eyes, and try to remember how she's been hurt by some religious nutjobs. She knows I'm a big fan of spirituality (not the organized religious type) and no doubt she thinks I'm nuttier than a fruitcake some days!

We're good friends.

Fun trivia about that 3rd stage, btw, is that many ppl think those in that 3rd stage have abandoned God or something; whilst, in reality (according to the man's theory), they're often more spiritual than those in organized religon. :) It's just that -- for the time being -- they're too weary of all the BS that comes with the latter. Then, all traumas healed and all, they don't return to lv. 2, but enter stage 4.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Fun trivia about that 3rd stage, btw, is that many ppl think those in that 3rd stage have abandoned God or something; whilst, in reality (according to the man's theory), they're often more spiritual than those in organized religon. :) It's just that -- for the time being -- they're too weary of all the BS that comes with the latter. Then, all traumas healed and all, they don't return to lv. 2, but enter stage 4.

too true

* It saddens me though, that they are reacting against a misinterpretation of spirituality being expressed in stages 1 & 2.

Edited by Dhyaanee

10 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Solidarity! :::paw in air:::

jason mamoa good girls.gif

*shakes off her swimsuit*   Sorry God.   Extra points for you getting a religious joke in!!!

Edited by Cindy Evanier
got overexcited and made a silly typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I'm still waiting for that darned hug though.

Last time you asked I was a teeny tiny fairy that would look like road kill if hugged. This time I'm a cat, so that's more doable:

cat hugging person.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

What does LFB stand for? I've tried looking it up but all I find is London Fire Brigade and Little Fat Buddy, neither of which make sense in the context.

Here in Croatia it means "little frisky butt".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

What does LFB stand for? I've tried looking it up but all I find is London Fire Brigade and Little Fat Buddy, neither of which make sense in the context.

It's an idea. It's a dream. It is elusive, like trying to catch smoke with your fingers. It is whatever you want it to be, and often who you don't want it to be. I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you...

So for your own protection...

TS shhh.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, roseelvira said:

I do not understand why people want to make fun of  other peoples beliefs . 

In my experience people do it to make themselves feel superior, and they generally mock Christianity or subvert its images because it is easy to do so.  As with some goth or rock bands; they'll make a video in a church and think themselves edgy and clever.  Or as with 'dark side' avatars; they'll wear inverted crosses and boast about scaring Christians, or jump into threads to say something snarky.  Because it's easy and has little repercussion.

I'm sorry you're suffering.  Take comfort from the fact that some do understand, and try not to be drawn into areas where people are likely to hurt you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok,Lets see where this one ends up..

I'm kind of making this one up on the fly..

Two Jehovah witnesses, John and Steve, are meeting up back at the car after a long day of knocking at doors, trying to hand out pamphlets.

John: Hey Steve, how did it go?

Steve: Terrible. Not one person came to the door.

John: The same here, not a single answer and not a single person outside either..

Steve: Looks like it's going to be another day of going back and trying to explain to the others.

*Both get into the car and lay their heads back giving out a big sigh as they sit and think*

John, feeling the frustration slaps his hand on his leg and say's, They are going to be so disappointing again..Man!

Steve seeing John getting upset say's to him: Look John,there is always tomorrow, you have to stay focused and not let this get to you so much..

John: You know Steve, you're right there is always tomorrow, John sets his head back on the seat with a bit of a smile and feeling better..

Steve: I'll tell you what, do you want to hear a joke?

John say's yes,yes I would..

Steve: Knock Knock.

John: Who's The....Oh no no no, nice try!! You're not getting me with that one again..I'm not going to be the only one that walks in empty handed this time!!

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm sorry you're suffering.  Take comfort from the fact that some do understand, and try not to be drawn into areas where people are likely to hurt you.

I do think it's best to not even open threads where the title clearly indicates you will almost certainly not like what you see inside. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Dhyaanee said:

it's a new sekrit society

Could possibly well be. Or just one really crazy person. :::shrugs::: But I ain't in it. I haven't been trying to hide this is an alt, cuz that's a whole different thing.

"I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.