How do you feel about religious humor in Second Life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

53 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I have to read the Community Rules again, as I don't recall the part about pleasuring others' gestalts as being a requirement for answering, but, ya know, cat and all.

Oh GatCat, you are so wrong there - being aware of my own & others attempts at gestalts is not "pleasuring myself" -- it is THE prime tool for awareness, an attribute many find value in. Nothing is more important than being aware of whatever gestalts one might be trying to complete, whether visually (as with the 'religion toast'), or psychologically as we try to make sense of our world on an intellectual level. In fact, it's because we're constantly attempting to complete gestalts in any situation (making situations fit our beliefs learned in the past due to experience and socialization) that we MUST become aware of just what we, ourselves, are projecting onto the matter at hand. Only then do we have a chance of determining what is really happening. This is vital for the understanding of both religion and humor.

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

You have blonde girl jokes in Holland? in HOLLAND?

That's like us Euro's calling the USA "Wyoming" or *pick a state*!  The Country is "The Netherlands". "Holland" is just a part of it.  😜

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

As for my English, thanks for that too, but I just had to ask LunaSea, in another thread, what a 'tortie' is.

That's nothing. I'm English born and bred, yet I still have to ask or Google 1/3 of what Seicher and Scylla say!  😯

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

fairre2.png.1687577e766f6344c65e5b23a0e6bb6c.png

Ah! It's so obvious now. Upto now I thought it was Orwar!  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

That's like us Euro's calling the USA "Wyoming" or *pick a state*!  The Country is "The Netherlands". "Holland" is just a part of it.  😜

Ahahahahahaha! My work here is done. I was wondering if I'd get sh1te for that. :) As I mentioned, I have a lot of Dutch SL friends, and oh yeah, I've had the Holland vs NL lecture bluntly told many a time. Sometimes kitties can be teerny tiny trolls too. :) ♥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Because Fairre was one on the side of defending the toast; only fair. And I wanted to show how easy it is to fake a toast like that. And because me would have been too obvious, and Taylor Swift too unbelievable. :)  

I never imagined the forums would host a toast post to boast of a most amazing - miracle. lol

Back on track with the ultimate boomtish/head explosion for heathens: 

Jesus, (in avatar form), regularly used to appear in public sims around 2009.
Of course he didn't appear at any sim YOU👀 (dear pillar of salt reader), were in now did he......🤔 
Get what I'm sayin ^^?

Put THAT in your chalice & host it! 😇

Edited by Maryanne Solo
Added salt.
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Oh, and it was Fairre alright. I was just being subtle, is all. A bit too subtle, as it turns out, as nobody detected her. :P (Would make a nice kids game "Where Is Fairre?"). But lookit that face! (with unprocessed layer next to it)

fairre2.png.1687577e766f6344c65e5b23a0e6bb6c.png

I think the picture appearing on the toast doesn't look like me.  I think it looks like Martha Washington.   So, Martha Washington appearing on toast is kind of funny...kinda of like the Trump toast I showed because of the way the faces look kind of funny especially Trump with that frown.  Trump on Toast is kind of funny.  

To Tinies, waffles are almost a religion.  That is actually true.  You might be able to make money selling the tinies a waffle with a picture of their face on it...but I'm not promising anything.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Ahahahahahaha! My work here is done. I was wondering if I'd get sh1te for that. :) As I mentioned, I have a lot of Dutch SL friends, and oh yeah, I've had the Holland vs NL lecture bluntly told many a time. Sometimes kitties can be teerny tiny trolls too. :) ♥

Hehe, don't fret about it, 'Holland' is just fine. :) (Yes, we're blonde over here, but not so blonde peeps wouldn't understand what you meant 😛). Typically, Holland consists of 2 separate provinces, Zuid- and Noord-Holland. None of which is particularly germane to this thread, but it afforded me a small pedantic moment, at least. 😊

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Ah! It's so obvious now. Upto now I thought it was Orwar!  😂

Now that you mention it, I really see him now too! Kinda in the middle of the toast (bigger), with a frownie and beard.** Case in point: our brains really are almost genetically wired to wanting to see a pattern (as someone posted about earlier).

** Looks like the man pulled another 'Orwar', like he he did with Scylla, suddenly appearing behind her in that nightmare photo. :) 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Haha 2

On 5/22/2020 at 9:03 PM, Orwar said:

People these days will be offended by just about anything. If someone gets offended because you 'impersonate the messiah' dressed up as a Caucasian guy with long blond hair and a goatee ... I mean, it's just so silly to begin with, it feels like making fun of it just trying to explain. 

Exactly! Couldn't be worded any better.

• Like 4

El 22/5/2020 a las 13:44, Gopi Passiflora dijo:

El tipo de humor del que estoy hablando es el de las cosas más sutiles y alegres, nada demasiado ofensivo.

La razón por la que pregunto es porque estoy pensando en usar un avatar de Jesús, pero solo hablo usando mi personalidad real y siendo ingenioso si es necesario.

Editar: después de pensarlo, no voy a proceder con esto después de todo.

Siempre hay quien puede ofenderse ... Pero sin discriminaciones no le veo problema.

Si lo haces con gracia Jesús te dará muchos likes

Edited by HGJHGJHJJHJG
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.