Massive increase in logins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wonder the proportion of new sign-ups to returning champions. I know some rarely seen oldbies have been showing up again; perhaps they're bored with other stay-at-home options. Whichever, yay for concurrency! May they stick around and bring friends!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Sl was nigh on 60k concurrent logins last night, up some 10,000 to 'usual'. Just sayin' 

No! The graph is trending downward SL is slowly dying! Uh..it was bots!...or uh...alts...people logging in with alts!

Ok, now that that's out the way. I've noticed a lot of old accounts from my other older account days. Names and avis I haven't seen in a loooong time, all over the place.

• Like 6

I recently resubscribed and logged in. Hadn't been around in a while but am bored. Also, Animal Crossing has me decorating a lot and probably is what has driven me to return here, where I have even more freedom to decorate

• Like 5

I often hang out at the Shelter (nice friendly group of oldbie regulars there) but I have also noticed an increase in new residents arriving there. Often, before Covid, many of these "newbies" were clearly alts; already meshed up and looking fabulous by week 2, and don't need help with anything because they have "figured it out" for themselves. Lately though, there are many more newbies who don't have a clue, who cannot dress themselves and come on wanting to know "how to play this game". So yes, I do think there is also an increase in the number of people coming here for the first time.

• Like 6

First off, yay! Hopefully this bump can help inject a little more energy into the world.

All online worlds and games follow an annual cycle of ebb and flow that roughly aligns with the seasons in the Northern hemisphere. People spend more time online when it's colder, it's not exactly a revelation. Be prepared for a crash in PCU by about June; the 'tail' of this round of lockdowns will mostly be over by then, and with the summer kicking in, online activity of any kind (that doesn't involve a phone) will be at a low. This will look dramatic compared to this month's high point, but it isn't really.

So please resist the urge to roleplay Chicken Little in two month's time :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I think I might log in this evening for the first time in God knows how long and go on safari. Any suggestions for places gratefully received.

Give me a shout, dahling. I can't promise I'll be on, but if I am, it'd be nice to say hi!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Give me a shout, dahling. I can't promise I'll be on, but if I am, it'd be nice to say hi!

I can't promise I'll be on either but if I am then I'll definitely message you 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

and.....The Log-in server has fallen over (again) quel surprise!

Indeed. Laughs. Ive logged in quite happily with my free membership alt, but cannot login with my 100 buck a year premium accy. 

I'm seeing we cant even get logged in right now.  Long time active member should be given priority log in abilities.  Newbies and people just showing up again after log time away (just because they are bored due to the virus) should be put in a low priority queue. Its those of us that have been here and active that keep Linden Labs functioning as a company.  Some loyalty should be shown.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Alitle Waco said:

I'm seeing we cant even get logged in right now.  Long time active member should be given priority log in abilities.  Newbies and people just showing up again after log time away (just because they are bored due to the virus) should be put in a low priority queue. Its those of us that have been here and active that keep Linden Labs functioning as a company.  Some loyalty should be shown.

Well I mean if you're going to do that, might as well run some calculation based on Lindex activity, whether premium, bought a name-change in the last X days. Y'know, the kind of cold, hard cash that any business runs on.

(I kid. Please don't kill me.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.