Your Favorite Linden Home (so far!)

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well, I love them all, despite the campers. If campers had the same prim allowance I'd love them too. :)
Each of the styles has advantages:
1. Houseboats allow quick access to the sailable waters 

2. Victorians have (according to my taste) the nicest street and garden environments

3. Trads are easier to furnish because of straighter footprints than Vics

4. Campers remind me on holidays and long weekends in the woods / mountains, (which I suspect will be the same with the coming log cabins.)

• Like 2

I've decorated nearly all of them since last April, and I've enjoyed each one but I really surprised myself over time by discovering I TP into the campers most often because I love the landscaping (the Moles' & my gardens). Knowing that I'm very much looking forward to the Log Homes, as they have what I love about campers, but with a full LI budget :D

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 4

I have a favorite in each theme, because each of the themes appeals to me. I tend to favor small cozy spaces, so the easiest for me to decorate has been the Colorado camper.

Traditionals - Continental (with @Blush Bravin’s screened-in wrap around porch)

Houseboats - Wallower (thank you, @Nando Yip for your inventive add-on)

Victorians - Doyle - The glorious landscaping won me over. Thank you illustrious Moles and Lindens!

P.S. I love being able to paint my walls a different color in the Vics and would love it to be an option in all the themes. 

Edited by LuLu Starbrook
Wanted to mention the color picker
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

For me, I think I like the Winchester the best of the Traditional homes, with the Continental second. Typically I want an add-on with either. one. The Continental is too small (IMO) without one. I am trying a two-story addition on the Continental now which has a large enough downstairs to move a kitchen/dining area or family room to the back and side extension. 

One thing I don't like about the Winchester is the difficulty fitting a bathroom of a good size and shape into the second floor. You either cut off the front window and have a huge bathroom (or bathroom plus closet, which I think is wasted space)...or you have an awkward bathroom to the left of the window in the loft. 

I really wanted to love the Victorians. I like the exteriors.  I like the larger space they all have in comparison to the Traditional homes. I feel like spaces were more deliberately designed for specific types of rooms. But somehow I just feel really "boxed in" in the Victorians. It's intentional that they have individual rooms and not an open floorpan, because that's the Victorian style. I do think that the Doyle is a big improvement over the Traditional one-story homes, and if one adds a sunroom on the back, it's a pretty good sized home.  I like the turret on the Verne and the openness around it inside, and I like the open area on the second story in the Shelley and (I think) the Doyle.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 4

I still like the houseboats for sailing, and being 'just the right size' for day to day use. No wasted space, and no cramped space. Barnacle is my favorite of them for the layout it has. And it has to be a square plot. The rectangles cramp in my boats too much.

Second to that I think the trads have the same spacing advantage, but lack the sailing. Of these I like Addams for having no doors.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

I like the Campers as they have many styles available and I love the forest environment, next to Campers are Traditionals, my favorite styles are the one floor ones.

I tried to make the Victorians work for me but even the smallest one was too large, but their style and environment are definitely beautiful. 

Edited by Pauck
Typos
  • Like 4

I like aspects of all of them. Hard to pick a favorite!

I like the landscaping and terrain around the campers, the variety of the traditional neighborhoods, the flowers and trees of the Vics, and the water access/views from the boats.

Have a feeling the upcoming ones are going to be my favorite though. 

• Like 4

I never even tried a Victorian - they all just feel too large.

I have the hardest time with the Campers.  I only like a couple of models that don't feel too tiny. However, the one that looks most like a house is saturated almost everywhere, so I refuse to use it.  The other one I like, due to size, is the Shenadoah - I think that is the model.  For me, it isn't just the LI, but the fact that they just feel small -- though it is possible that I'm just projecting my RL negative view of campers in general (too many bad experiences).  The one thing I do like about these is the landscaping and privacy that some have.

I like the Traditionals, but have things that I don't like about each model.  I do like the privacy that I can get with some of those locations, similar to some of the Camper privacy, but with more house space.  I'm still bouncing between models for my Traditional - just can't finalize that decision.

I love the water around the Houseboats and like most of the models fairly well.  Currently using Barnacle and my only real complaint on it is the rounded end that causes me decorating issues.  Definitely only like the square parcels for these - the rectangle ones just feel too cramped with neighbors.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

#1.  Houseboats because you will always be near water, you might not get a perfect location, but you will ALWAYS have water.  Evening star is my favorite cause it is smaller and I can still have an underwater garden.

As for the campers, vics, traditionals I love them all too, however, the location most often determines on how favorite it becomes including what style of house I would use.

• Like 3

I love the Victorians, except for the Doyle which I've tried to use but it's really too small and feels claustrophobic to me. They are easy to fit everything you need in them, especially with all the wonderful add-on's available. I especially like the large upstairs landings which you can easily fit a bathroom into so you don't have to use one of the bedrooms for that usage. And the landscaping is so incredible in most of the regions. Truly breathtaking in some instances. 

I do still find myself gravitating to the Traditional models as well. I still love the Winchester, and again with so many good add-ons find it easy to decorate. And I learned to love the Continental, which is pretty easy to make Victorian looking in a pinch. It is a bit too small, not any good bathroom areas and there really isn't a good add-on that improves the flow of this house, but overall I like it quite a bit in spite of the flaws it has. Not a fan of the 2 smaller homes though. I have managed to get the best properties with the Traditionals, so there is that.

Love the houseboats, I mean who doesn't like living on the water? The one I have now has wonderful west views and makes me very happy to be there. It's amazing to me how much fun virtual sailing can be, and even more, how peaceful it is.

The trailer/campers meh. I tried oh how I tried. I created a few really great interiors, even an ice cream parlour but really just coudn't get into them. Had a great spot in Saltmarsh, truly perfect and even that did not do it for me. I finally decided it wasn't that I'm not an outdoor person  - it's the type of home itself. I'm looking forward to the log homes. I love those style of homes and have fond memories of spending summers at my aunt and uncles home on a lake in very rural PA, a  similar style house he built from scratch. I'm excited to recreate this memory!

• Like 5

I think they all look great, the Moles have done a wonderful job, but so far I like the  houseboats best, because of the open plan interiors which for me give a more spacious feel, even though they may not be as technically big as the houses, and on the square plots (I'm not fond of the long plots, feels like too many houseboats crammed together). 

My favourite style is the Wallower. I like the large open top deck (the largest of the four), and there are a decent amount of windows at a good height on the lower deck (though I'd like even more lol), so it feels nice and airy, with good light.  The Windlass by comparison feels dark inside, and I'm not fond of the small higher placed windows. I love the long windows on the 3 sides of the Evening Star but really dislike the other end inside with that curved back, the area has no windows so feels dark there so I haven't used that style(I tried, I know you can put lights, but I'd prefer windows). So if I could put those long windows on the Wallower that would be even better! The Barnacle is okay, but I'd like a bigger upper deck rather than the little room. So the Wallower ticks most of the boxes for me, and I've been very happy with that style.

I can't really comment on the other themes because they don't really suit me. The landscaping is great, but the homes feel too cramped. I like the inside to feel more open and roomy, rather than be divided into smaller rooms like the houses are, and the campers feel too small. I still think that the Lindens have done a great job though.

• Like 4

Em 24/03/2020 às 11:44, Trinity1776 disse:

De todas as novas Linden Homes atualmente lançadas (tradicionais, vitorianas, casas flutuantes e trailer / trailer), qual estilo individual é o seu modelo favorito? E por que é o seu favorito?

Meu modelo favorito é HOUSEBOATS, primeiro experimentei o Barnacle, fiz um jardim subaquático e várias versões de extras para complementar, fiz o mesmo no Windlass e, finalmente, no Wallower, na RL faço cenografia para shows de música e teatro e dança, então no SL as casas e decorações estão sempre mudando e são um pouco dramáticas, gosto de misturar tudo e sinto cada decoração como o jogo de decorações.
Agora comecei a decorar Evenig Star (foto). vamos ver o que vai ser ...
Eu também tenho um Verne que me deu muito trabalho ... Eu já fiz alguns adicionais para ele, e estou trabalhando em outro, sempre penso primeiro em como o novo espaço será usado, então tentarei criar algo que atenda às expectativas.
Enfim, tem sido um ano divertido em Bellisseria.
Obrigado @ LuLu Starbrook  pela cotação, fico feliz que você goste das minhas tentativas malucas.

EVE_001.thumb.jpg.4700662b547e821f384f953eaa726899.jpg

Edited by Nando Yip
  • Like 7

1. Houseboats, right on the water! And the open space translates well into contemporary design, my favorite.

2. Traditionals, the Winchester because of the layout and the upstairs balcony. My alts are on the lookout for one right on the water.

3. Victorians because the landscaping is stunning. I'm not crazy about the home interiors. I find the Doyle to be the least claustrophobic and an alt has one right on water in an amazingly gorgeous low lag sim, so it stays. I am hopeful a more open concept Vic will become available down the road. At some point Patch said something about providing more home style variety. Hope that's not a false memory!

4. The Log Homes, these will be my #1 when available. They are open and airy and in the forest with lakes. Yummy!

Ps: Dear Moles, you have done an amazing job. Thank you for all these amazing builds!

• Like 6

We love the traditional and houseboats the best so far. Hubby and I are both so excited for the cabin release because the landscaping is beautiful besides the cabins being the perfect size for us.

We tried a Victorian and they were too large for us, but all the styles are very lovely. I love that they are trying to have styles to suit everyone.

• Like 5

1. Victorians (best landscaping)

2. Campers (they would be #1 if they had a larger parcel)

3&4.Tie for last place.  I am just not a beach, sun, and sand kind of person and the trads are kinda boring.  I've never kept either of these for more than a day.  I do continue to try for that breathtaking view, but no keepers.

When the lodges are released, they will take over #1.

• Like 4

How I rank these really does depend on the location for me....so my rankings are very much coloured by the homes I've managed to land xD

1. Houseboats - water for days, small but open space meaning I can use all the spaces and make them functional.  Of course, this is dependent on getting a square block far from neighbours and nice views.

2. Campers - I managed to grab one without close neighbours and surrounded by water.  For  me being able to sit very close to the water itself has really bumped campers in to second place.  Before landing this parcel I probably would have put campers at number 4 but I haven't seen any Vics or Trads that are this close up to the water and at the same level.  Half the Li is a real bummer but I have found I don't need so much stuff for this type of land.

3.  Victorians - Omg the landscaping 😍😍😍.  I mean the homes themselves are cute but not really my style.  In the end I made my Vic work for me by going small scale with a Doyle and decorating it with all modern furniture.  The landscaping though...that steals my heart.

4.  Traditionals - The homes are a little plain and the landscaping is just a little too bare for my taste.  That said I have seen some very clever people do amazing things with trads.

Edited by Sakura Sands
it's a close call between 2 and 3...
  • Like 4

Victorians:

+ points: All have 4 rooms. Much better flow. The Doyle is an improved Adams. Bigger rooms, easier to place furniture . Some houses can have a bonus room on the landing, and still have room to walk upstairs. Even a small extra room downstairs. All the types have their own porches. I add on a bit bigger porch for an outdoor set of furniture. That does not need a lot of Li. Many more than half of the Victorian homes have a generous amount of flowers, so there is not a need to fill the garden. A Victorian with a good amount of flowers will look good with only a few flower patches. I prefer Verne and Hardy.

- I "have a special place in my heart" for Winchester, even if the Victorians beat it in all ways. The only thing I miss for Victorians, is a veranda.

+ points: The Traditional Winchester. The one and only with a veranda. But, as with all the Traditionals, it has only three rooms. I need four. Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room. I am happy with my own really big add-on living room that is open to the roof, and big enough for dining table, sofa group and office table.

+ points: Continental. Looks nice, but only with an add-on. But I can have a "real" Victorian without using more Li.

- points: Terrible small rooms. Bad flow. Add-on uses precious Li.

Can not say I like Adams or Alderley. Alderley is claustrophobic. Adam works with a bath insert.

- points for Traditionals landscaping: Many places are very bare, with only hedges and the thuja bushes. I need to add much more plants to make these parcels cozy. Hedges limit views from rooms, especially add-ons. So many suburban, flat places with hedges everywhere. There are some great, great places for Traditionals, but they are few. All the Traditionals add-ons is using up my Li. I feel that I have to use add-ons for the Traditionals.

Boats: I though I would love them. But they are not for me. The biggest minus is that they are in compact spaces, like teeth in a comb. There are square plots, but few. Only outer rows with good view works for me. Some regions with few boats are great. Not easy to get.

Campers: Does not work in any way for me. Too small, not enough Li. The landscape is very good.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.