Preferred Mesh Body to Use?

Fanta UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a big fan of natural proportionate, athletic female body. No huge hips or breasts, nice fit anatomy.  

Best for my preferences is classic slink physique mesh body. It well balanced and work good for athletic fit shape.

"+"

Awesome hud, layers. Best support and comunity.

Not much curvy 

Nice shoulders and collarbones

Normal waist, pretty slim belly

Beautiful feets and hands

Beautiful breasts, a drop shape

"+-"

Hips

Its nice, but u have to dance with a tambourine to make a right shape

"-"

Crouch area, flat with straight bridge between legs, even well drawed skin cant fix it

Chicken legs, almost no calves, not good shape and its looks bad from side view, u have to keep leg leight minimal to balance shape. 

Compair with others, it's best by now for my type. Maitreya lara very similar, but shoulders is awfull, round, arms looks chubby) cant live with it and dont use lara anymore.

Belleza have great leg shape, but it's better for natural lush shape with smooth curves

• Like 3

I owned Slink HG, Lena Perky, Maitreya Lana but the current body I use and definitely prefer is Dev Nana Fitness, which is an athletic body that I've always searched for. There are currently a handful of designers that do make pretty good clothing for them including the mesh body designer, but I've bought so many mesh clothing on my previous mesh  bodies that I wish I owned them still for this current one. Linking very recent pics of what my avi looks like with Nana Fitness.

Just warning, she's wearing a rather risque bikini, but it's one way to show you the mesh body itself, though the shape is my own that I custom made.

Front
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145012343@N04/49519661218/in/dateposted/

Back

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145012343@N04/49520398132/in/dateposted/

I would really love to have more clothing options.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for giving me a more well-rounded view on mesh bodies and what people use!

I have a release coming out on March 1st at 3PM SLT at the Infinity Event. It is a skirt for the following bodies.

- Maitreya

- Tonic

- eBody Classic and Curvy

- Slink Physique and Hourglass

- Belleza Freya, Isis, and Venus

- Signature Alice

I have yet to create something for the males, but stay tuned for it. Am always willing to grab more dev kits for other mesh bodies. ;) 

Below is the skirt, worn on Slink HG. It is the black version of the skirt and it has materials enabled aka a specular mapping has been added for additional effects. :) 

GoddessSkirtAD_001.png

Not saying Maitreya looks the best but it deserves people's loyalty solely due to the fact the updates, although rare, are always awesome, and the sheer simplicity of DIY customization which is a must-have for anyone even remotely interested in truly owning the products you bought. Latest updates brought FREE dedicated nipple meshes making them look 10x better, revamped HUD with a lot more customization, BoM, and revamped layering system. It also has the BEST dev kit support, with the ability to easily apply your own skins, materials and makeup at will unlike some other creators where any customization is locked down tighter than a nun's you-know-what *cough*Legacy*cough* and if their "servers" go poof you can kiss all your purchased skins/makeups/materials goodbye (I'm sure they'd lock down your shape to only "pre-approved" ones if they could).

• Like 4

I have to say it. It may be really limited with clothes and things right now, but, above ALL other bodies, I'm going to have to go with Legacy. Here's why.

- No "shelf-butt" from what I've found, while playing around with sliders.
- More wiggle room, no pun intended, for those of us that're more.. "ample" in our "assets," as long as you don't go crazy and make yourself look disturbingly cartoony, like The Hulk, or something.
- Amazingly breathtaking detail even with the default tones and shapes.

Literally the only off-putting things about it?
- The price is a bit up there, but so worth it. L$5000 or so for the base body, L$5000 or so for the pregnancy body, then skin and things, you're looking at spending easily L$7000 just to have matching skin for your new body.
- There aren't a ton of options for clothing that aren't "provocative" yet.
- There are a few bugs as far as the hud not always being able to add changes.

However, even with the cons of the body, I still highly recommend it. Plus, guys, don't feel left out. It looks way better (at least I think) than the previous bodies, rather they be Maitreya, SLink (male or female), Signature/Aesthetic/etc... 

But, yeah, I mean, if you see it inworld, it may be by TMP, but, holy nachos on a hotplate, the hype is definitely real.

• Like 2

I use Maitreya Lara as it's what my friends recommended. I'm perfectly happy with the shape and love the clothing options for it. I also find the HUD user-friendly and easy to operate, which is a big bonus for a relative technophobe like me!

I've enjoyed seeing the love for Slink in this chat as I must say I also really like the Slink bodies, both Physique and Hourglass. I bought Physique for an Alt but got frustrated with the lack of clothing items so have purchased Hourglass too. 

I'm a bit of a hypocrite as I mostly use Maitreya, but I really hope clothing designers keep providing options for other bodies (Belleza, Legacy and Slink at least!) as I want to see a variety of body shapes and sizes out there and would hate for one company to monopolise the market. ❤️

• 1 month later...

I've tried several and found that there is no single "best" body. All have strengths and weaknesses, and it comes down to individual taste. Shapes and skins can be easily edited, so for a non-builder like myself the big criteria are clothing selection and active user group support. That means Maitreya Lara for me. For now... as others have noted, Lara has been the most popular body for several years and as a result Maitreya seem to be resting on their laurels. Clothing options, updates, and support for other bodies are growing quickly, so Maitreya Lara may be sharing her crown with one or more others very soon.

Random thoughts: 1) yes! Totally agree with other posters who have said that Slink do the best hands and feet. 2) Genus bodies can be pretty, but their HUDs are ridiculous.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:02 PM, Waiomao said:

Lara has been the most popular body for several years and as a result Maitreya seem to be resting on their laurels.

You do realize that Maitreya released a significant update a couple of months ago? If you're still using the 4.1 you need to get a redelivery.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 4:06 PM, Muiregwen said:

I'd like to get everyone's opinions, as a designer, what mesh body they use and prefer

~

What I have currently in my Dev Kit Files is..

- Maitreya

- Slink (HG, Physique, and Male)

- Signature (Gianni and Alice)

- Belleza (All four aka Freya, Venus, Isis, Jake)

~

Can start looking for..

- Tonic 

- Ebody

- Yetement's BBL

- Kemono

~~~~~

I KNOW there is a survey out there saying popular bodies and heads. But it's 2020, there are other bodies now. Alice had a major update, and out came Legacy (which I, unfortunately, do not have the Dev kit for...). BBL has come out as well. There is also the fact that fashion trends change in mesh bodies and mesh heads. This is to determine which I should start out at as a beginning creator. 

My personal taste is Legacy, Slink (HG) and Belleza (my most likely unpopular opinion about Maitreya will probably get me some haters! xD But I absolutely despise Maitreya! Not for rigging but because of the darn structure of the body and the lack of updates! But mostly the structure of it annoys me! Hence why I have it [was my first] but I never use it anymore... even though for some of my clothing I have to! It's annoying to be forced to wear the body at times simply because an outfit fits my character! Anyways, rant done. My apologies.) as I absolutely love them. Belleza is a PAIN to rig for other bodies however due to its A-Pose rigging but I still love the look and feel and how the sliders work! ❤️

Anyways, lemme know what you prefer to use in mesh bodies! I would like to know for the future of my store and the branding of it once I'm able to get clothing up more often~

A lot of people got the free mesh body from The Shops!

• 4 months later...

I bought Maitreya purely because of their market share. I wasn't a fan of the shape but I just stuck with it.

Now with Petite I'm much happier with the way it looks. I'm thinking of grabbing Legacy perky if it's ever on sale again, because its clothing suuport is slightly better than MPetite's.

Then again I'm just partial to smaller chests, which I'm aware isn't always everyone's preference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SassySam87 said:

Now with Petite I'm much happier with the way it looks.

Yes I agree, Maitreya petite is wonderful, even if the lack of clothes is frustrating but its getting better.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 11:46 AM, ManuelAngel2004 said:

I use Aesthetic mesh body, in my opinion is a really good body, it looks pretty realistic. 

"Realistic"?

Do guys actually like this kind of insanely muscular look? Like he's on 27 different kinds of steroids? Do other women like it as well?

As a straight Asian female in RL overly muscular alpha males legit creeps me out. I guess it must be more of a western thing to be attracted to guys who look like they bench press cars on a daily basis.

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, MelodicRain said:

"Realistic"?

Do guys actually like this kind of insanely muscular look? Like he's on 27 different kinds of steroids? Do other women like it as well?

As a straight Asian female in RL overly muscular alpha males legit creeps me out. I guess it must be more of a western thing to be attracted to guys who look like they bench press cars on a daily basis.

No women I know like that body. But, Lots of men seem to like that body on other men if you know what I mean.  

Maitreya Lara on my main AV simply because of BOM and the availability of clothes and how easy it is to make it resemble my 1st life body: petite and frail looking; average Asian with a possibility to augment plumper but natural-looking curves whenever I feel like wearing sexier, more revealing outfits. My man started out with Slink Physique because he had a lean kinda average but toned swimmer body in real life and when I designed his AV for him we both agreed not to make him look like one of those burly steroid-pumping metrosexuals that seem to be the standard for SL male beauty. We thought it was perfect for a while but we ultimately ended up shelling out another L$3000 for the Belleza Jake when we came to terms with the depressing scarcity of high quality menswear for Slink. No complaints with Belleza Jake but he will revert to wearing Slink anytime if designers made new clothes for it.

On my transwoman alt, she also wears Maitreya Lara but without the V-Tech mod because I conceptualized her character to be “only one surgery away from being full-fledged female” which means she has been on hormones and had extensive plastic surgery to look feminine, if a bit exaggerated (breast and hips sliders at 85+), but with an Aeros dangling between her legs. Even with overblown proportions the Maitreya Lara still looks lithe and willowy next to other bodies (even a skinny Freya) which is perfect because I modeled her look after Thai and Vietnamese trans girls.

With another alt that I made I just got her the Lucybody Atenea which is like the newbie or broke girl’s substitute to Maitreya Lara because it was a giveaway (and still is last I checked) and surprisingly it works just as fine, BOM compatible too. Contours are not perfect under very close scrutiny but I like calling it “grade A replica”. Months later I ditched it for Belleza Freya because I wanted to experiment with thicker shapes and on an absolutely subjective (maybe narrow) point of view, Freya does curvy and jiggly better than Lara.

On 1/21/2020 at 8:06 AM, Muiregwen said:

I'd like to get everyone's opinions, as a designer, what mesh body they use and prefer

if you are still reading then Maitreya Petite please

because this add-on is newish then a lot of tops are quite nipply. I get why this is being newish. I wouldn't mind tho some clothes for the Maitreya Petite that are bit less nipply

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.