happy premium member

BEKAII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i like the idea that now  premium members  have more benefit  i been a premium member since i started. I  just wish and hope we have  a tag or color of the avatar name  different from dose that don't  pay i hope in the future we do 😀😀😀

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BEKAII said:

i like the idea that now  premium members  have more benefit  i been a premium member since i started. I  just wish and hope we have  a tag or color of the avatar name  different from dose that don't  pay i hope in the future we do 😀😀😀

I think that we need to be careful when talking about non-premium members as those "that don't pay".  In particular, there may be people who are not premium - because they don't need the premium benefits - who are region owners and pay a lot more to LL each month than the cost of a premium membership.  To think that many non-premium members do not pay money into the system one way or another is incorrect.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, BEKAII said:

I  just wish and hope we have  a tag or color of the avatar name  different from dose that don't  pay

And whilst we are at it, let's lock up the poor in special poor houses, sterilize the mentally ill, have promiscuous women wear a red letter, and have jews sew yellow stars on to their clothing.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, BEKAII said:

There is a method in place to show this in the profiles of SL inworld for everyone that supports (has supported) SL. Payment info on file/used.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

There is a method in place to show this in the profiles of SL inworld for everyone that supports (has supported) SL. Payment info on file/used.

no it isn't, there are quite some people who have one account with payment info, not shown/used in public, and use others for their real SL life without tied CC or paypal.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

no it isn't, there are quite some people who have one account with payment info, not shown/used in public, and use others for their real SL life without tied CC or paypal.

Not sure I understand what you are implying.

If you have bought a premium subscription as the OP suggests your avatar will have payment info on file/used in the profile. That was his main concern albeit in the forums instead. Recognition that you have supported LL with some form of financial means.

If anyone with a basic account has bought something with RL money or bought Lindens, you will have payment info on file/used.

If you transfer that money to another alt, the main account will have payment info on file suggesting that they have supported LL with RL money. Having an alt with nothing shown on the profile is a moot point as you have already been given the accreditation of supporting LL on the main account. Why should you get multiple accreditation for something on all your accounts when you are still one person and only use one account to support LL. 🙄

Edited by Drayke Newall

I've been a premium member for quite some time, and I would run away from that tag. Being premium does not imply any superiority or higher level; you have people who buy lindens and invest more money than you in SL, and others who have a higher economic level in RL and just don't feel attracted to investing in here

Plus, I'd appreaciate that payment info being removed from my profile, to begin with... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

Not sure I understand what you are implying.

If you have bought a premium subscription as the OP suggests your avatar will have payment info on file/used in the profile. That was his main concern albeit in the forums instead. Recognition that you have supported LL with some form of financial means.

If anyone with a basic account has bought something with RL money or bought Lindens, you will have payment info on file/used.

If you transfer that money to another alt, the main account will have payment info on file suggesting that they have supported LL with RL money. Having an alt with nothing shown on the profile is a moot point as you have already been given the accreditation of supporting LL on the main account. Why should you get multiple accreditation for something on all your accounts when you are still one person and only use one account to support LL. 🙄

you mention it as way to check others, but you will never see that one account who takes care for the other 5 .. so looking at profiles tells you really not a lot about the contribution of others.

Not understanding is main part of the response on forums :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BEKAII said:

you should lead riots in Bellisseria.... never seen so many premiums as there!

TerribleMediocreCurlew-size_restricted.g

lets unite and kick out all unwanted??

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Haha 4

Maybe your just an idiot who feels the small fee you pay to be premium makes you Queen of SL and everyone needs to bow down to you. Why dont you create an apparel/clothes for your avi which have the words "I'm a premium member and contribute to the GDP of my country"" written all over it? I was a premium member but stopped last month as I didn't need it. Doesn't make you more privileged than me or anyone else for that matter. 

• Like 1

Premium not give much extra's yes been premium for few times. But since the last price increase a basic account is more usefull then premium. 99$ for sandboxes and a few L$ is to much. More usefull benefits premium not really have. Mabye support is better but you need that very rare.

Premium is to expe sive as long you not get a free sim with the 99$ mainland is useless (not enough control over sim) New Linden homes look nice, but to restricted.

Basic accounts is what keep secondlife rolling. Ok cheaper sims would hemp to let it roll faster.

It's btw just bad idea to think am premium and everybody need to know that i oay to much for nothing.

• Confused 1

I think every time we land in a sim,that two guys with old timey long horns with flags hanging from them,should show up first,blow thier horns,"Da,DANA DAAAA!!"

Then some guy with a poofy hat with a long feather sticking out,walk out in between the two guys with the horns,open a scroll and announce that we are here..

hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, BEKAII said:

i like the idea. we can share my crown

crown.jpg

Edited by Kweopi
  • Like 2

...different from dose...

Konservendose-1.jpg.6f8df764e36a93390b7742e208b212dc.jpg

Why, don't you like this Konservendose?

...that don't  pay...

Challenge accepted... besides your premium payment, how much did you pay in, say, December 2019?

$ 206.98 in December... that's US dollars, yeah. $ 230.98 in November, Black Friday hit hard for funding mulitple accounts. $ 106.49 in October. September was low, only $ 54.52. August $ 100.88. Oh, July must have had something special, $ 352.52... and so on. Hmmm. I may be mistaken and mathematically challenged, but somehow, I get the impression that I'm dumping in more real cash into the SL economy per month than you do with your stupid little one-time premium fee.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you mention it as way to check others, but you will never see that one account who takes care for the other 5 .. so looking at profiles tells you really not a lot about the contribution of others.

Not understanding is main part of the response on forums :)

Sometimes I don't know why I even bother. I never said it was a way for others to check who has done this or that. That is how you read my post and incorrectly at that by reading between the lines when there was no hidden message or intent. The OP specifically wanted a way to show that THE AVATAR (you know, singular) has paid for premium. I answered correctly stating that THE AVATAR (singular) has this shown in their profile. I.E. he already has a star on his profile saying he supports SL.

In hindsight, it seems I should have said 'avatars' instead of 'everyone' as that seems to have confused you in someway of me suggesting I meant every single alt that doesn't have premium despite the OP specifically talking about one avatar/account and premium. But whatever.

Additionally, I like Elena Core am in favor of Payment info on file being removed from the profile as showing this opens up for griefing as well as being used as a method of identifying alts and selection to sim entry etc.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Additionally, I like Elena Core am in favor of Payment info on file being removed from the profile as showing this opens up for griefing as well as being used as a method of identifying alts and selection to sim entry etc.

In the 16 years I've been in SL, no one has ever griefed me for having payment info on file (or not). People who think they can ID alts using payment info are only fooling themselves. While all of my accounts show payment info, not all of them have purchased Ls. I, myself, added payment info to all of my accounts so that I wouldn't have to be logging in and out to transfer funds between accounts. Each account can purchase Ls.

Truth be told none of my currently active accounts are my main. They're all alts. Including this one.

Only LL has an accurate method of "detecting alts". Anyone else claiming they can accurately detect alts is 1) a liar and 2) probably ripping people off selling snake oil like RedZone. Or 3) an LL employee who is about to be fired on the spot.

As for the griefers, ban, eject, AR, block, in that order and move on with your SL. Wash, rinse and repeat for each person that makes fun of you for not having payment info on file. Done deal.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Challenge accepted... besides your premium payment, how much did you pay in, say, December 2019?

There is a difference between "paying" and "spending"; there is a difference between contributing to the economy and contributing directly to the support of the system. Just saying. @BEKAII - This is an ignorant suggestion as it is a discrimination-percolator and will create an unnecessary divide akin to a "class system".

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

In the 16 years I've been in SL, no one has ever griefed me for having payment info on file (or not). People who think they can ID alts using payment info are only fooling themselves. While all of my accounts show payment info, not all of them have purchased Ls. I, myself, added payment info to all of my accounts so that I wouldn't have to be logging in and out to transfer funds between accounts. Each account can purchase Ls.

Truth be told none of my currently active accounts are my main. They're all alts. Including this one.

Only LL has an accurate method of "detecting alts". Anyone else claiming they can accurately detect alts is 1) a liar and 2) probably ripping people off selling snake oil like RedZone. Or 3) an LL employee who is about to be fired on the spot.

As for the griefers, ban, eject, AR, block, in that order and move on with your SL. Wash, rinse and repeat for each person that makes fun of you for not having payment info on file. Done deal.

Fully agree with everything you said. That said, just because it isn't a reliable method doesn't mean that people don't use it as an excuse to claim or believe that it is an alt due to no payment info not showing in the profile. It is also a completely unnecessary thing to be listed in the profile as it serves very limited purposes for things that are processed in the background anyway such as sim entry etc.

12 hours ago, BEKAII said:

I  just wish and hope we have  a tag or color of the avatar name  different from dose that don't  pay i hope in the future we do 

I wouldn't want to see this. This'll be just as bad as the days of when TPV's had their own coloured tags to show other people what viewer you use in the drama it could cause. except it will comes across as "I am considerably richer than you" or "I am superior/more important than you because i am able and willing to be premium"

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.