happy premium member

BEKAII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

In other words, if you are a cheapskate like me, go premium

I see and does premium membership get you a full region?, nope, it's a Linden home. $14000 wasn't just spent on some small plot for a home. I have had full regions, I have had half regions, homesteads etc. You might save money if you only ever rent a little plot for a home, but even then I doubt it and there is no information on how much land impact you get to play with on this land. Unless the other premium benefits have any value though, it is still a false economy just for a linden home.

I'm not actually a cheapscape, I don't mind contributing to the SL economy, I get pleasure from it, which is why I never complained about what I have spent and its future is always dependant on it being financially viable. The only difference between me and a premium member, is that I get to fully choose what that monthly cost is spent on in SL.

I am glad that you are saving money though, if you get something out of premium membership, kudos to you, but never assume that everyone is using SL exactly the same, we all have different requirements, for some premium membership ticks all the right boxes, for others, it is a waste of money that could be put to better use in SL.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

However, I already had a feeling that since I went premium in April last year premium I was saving money on rentals, and you've just confirmed that for me.

In other words, if you are a cheapskate like me, go premium

And not having any land is even cheaper! On the serious side - depends on your needs. Some are happy with those 60L skyboxes, others manage to make pretty decent and "usable" place out of new LL homes and some of us are greedy and wouldn't fit even the living room into such low land impact.

Here's some basic math on it. 99$ a year (no discounts taken into consideration, since only LL knows when/if they'll have another one), 260L$ per $. So should you just buy 99$ worth of L$ you will get 25.7k at this rate, which is 494L$ a week.

Premium stipend is 300L$ a week (I'm aware about some people having 500L$, but it's probably small enough percentage of people and not available anymore), which leaves you with negative ~194L$ a week compared to simply buying L$. if you want/need to have rentals/land, then for 194L$ a week you are probably looking for something like 225-250prims in residental zoned estate and a bit more in mixed/commercial estates and/or mainland. Compared to that you probably should get a bit more with 1024sqm free tier, be it LL homes or random lot on the mainland (price of a good one can be quite high, though), so you're saving a tiny bit vs what you'd pay to have 351prims rental elsewhere.

I personally don't like mainland at all. Be it Bellisseria with its covenant or chaotic "old mainland" where someone can just put a breedable farm, 30 of overscripted babies or a million of rezzers and make region close to unusable and LL won't do anything about it. So considering that land (and well, SL overall) is pretty much just for an entertainment, I choose to pay a bit extra to make sure my entertainment is not spoiled too much.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frank Ziplon said:

but never assume that everyone is using SL exactly the same,

Speaking of assumptions, why did you assume the worst when you read my reply? Why do you assume I am attacking you in some way? 
And don't tell me you did not, your choice of words speak volumes.

• Confused 1

On 1/2/2020 at 11:38 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

And whilst we are at it, let's  have jews sew yellow stars on to their clothing.

I could see how this could be pretty offensive to anyone who's real life was touched by the holocaust. Comparing what they went through to being identified as a whatever user in a video game is pretty bad.

2 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

And don't tell me you did not, your choice of words speak volumes

Well I won't say I did not then, as you have formed your opinion regardless of whether it is accurate, but exactly what worst would there be in your comment anyway? So far as I read, you thought I would still save money and I disagreed. You are being over sensitive and reading too much into those volumes, you replied to my message and I responded in kind, this is the problem with written communication, there is no body language to go by and people end up getting upset over nothing.

Edited by Frank Ziplon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Frank Ziplon said:

So far as I read, you thought I would still save money and I disagreed. 

Perhaps reading is not your strong suit? I wrote: "However, I already had a feeling that since I went premium in April last year premium I was saving money on rentals, and you've just confirmed that for me."

Yes, I even left in the accidental second "premium", how is this even me telling YOU that YOU are saving money, when this sentence was about ME? I said that I was saving money! Me, not you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/13/2020 at 1:18 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Perhaps reading is not your strong suit? I wrote: "However, I already had a feeling that since I went premium in April last year premium I was saving money on rentals, and you've just confirmed that for me."

Yes, I even left in the accidental second "premium", how is this even me telling YOU that YOU are saving money, when this sentence was about ME? I said that I was saving money! Me, not you.

I did debate whether to waste any more time on you, but do feel the need to point out, for other readers who may not notice, that you omitted the part where you go on to say " In other words, if you are a cheapskate like me, go premium :D:D:D" That's when you were suggesting I would save money and you made it about me and that is what I disagreed with for the stated reasons. Regardless of whether or not reading is my strong point, copying and pasting your own quotes is not yours, though I very much suspect it was a deliberate omission to make yourself look wronged. I wish you well Fritigern, however if you can't handle people disagreeing with you to the point you turn it into personal drama, I would suggest forums which offer differing opinions on various subjects is perhaps not the best place for you. I have nothing further to say on the matter, so any response to this post will be ignored.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.