How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You know how desperate I am right now?? My official work days are Wed, Thu, and Fri now because of having my hours cut, but today I asked my boss if I could spread them out so I can be available to do some work on Mon and Tue as well so I could still feel connected on my official non-work days. 😷

• Like 6

I'm... hanging in?  Work is weird.  I went in today to run payroll, and bless my bosses' hearts, they seemed surprised I bailed once all the necessities were taken care of.  No, boys, you're both in the "vulnerable" age group, and I'm going to hie my less-vulnerable self outta there and go home.  The rest of the stuff I can manage here, no problem.

In other news, The Infant, she suffers :P

1165194775_EllieBusySuffering.png.fc13804d57725dc2ab67a6331b549cfc.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I'm mostly ok, wish I had more time.  Usually I love the fact that I am able to work from home.  But now it's kind of a curse, because I have to work when I want to have some time to read, to socialize on line, to be with everyone in this stressful plague time.  I love you all and please don't any of you think your contributions to the conversation are lacking; we all do what we can do and we all get our buttons pushed in different ways.   I need you guys! 

Genie From Aladdin Quotes. QuotesGram

should you need us.jpg

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Like 3

Completing all the working from home training modules required to be working from home which I have been mostly doing since 2012
but of course now the thousands of teachers and staff all want to copy me and do the same *sigh  lolololol.🤭
About time they approved my activities & routines!
No wonder my lovely colleague and I lead the field and set the standard in our work.

Prior to this it was oh mai GAWD 😲 are you allowed to do that? 😬 and I was like, well as soon as your level of tech & network reliability matches mine
I'll stay at the campus and work. Until then? pppffft! *fiddle minger!

So as I'm working forums are open going DING! DING! DING!
Takes a lot of discipline not to be nattering away like...... I'm doing now 😋😆

Getting paid a full wage too which is quite ok for a casual employee!  
I feel great now!

*ok so wheres that half a vanilla slice I couldn't finish last night 😂

• Like 4

FB messenger is driving me nuts today. 

Okay, really, it's my family driving me nuts. I love that they are making sure we all stay connected but... FRICK! Go watch some Netflix or something! 

Yes, I know I can just close FB but I'm also having a conversation with a former coworker about actual work things. 

So whenever there is a message, my computer dings, my phone dings, my iPad dings, and for some reason when Alexa hears the dinging, she thinks she needs to pause my music for a minute and it's interrupting my Taylor Swift listening party.

It's possible I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

I'm frustrated... with people.  We all see the number of cases rising at an increasing rate.  Yet the idiots continue to ignore it.

- The Louisiana pastor, who has already been charged with multiple misdemeanors, is still holding services and LOTS of people (many busloads) are attending them -- because the virus is politically motivated and God will heal anyone that gets sick.
- Businesses ignoring orders to close and simply claim that they are essential -- Game Stop is essential because it supplies mice and keyboards that people working from home might need, Hobby Lobby is essential because it sells things that people working from home might need, a car wash because who knows why.
- In New Jersey, the second hardest hit state, last weekend police cited people at 2 different large gatherings that included children.
- The Florida pastor holding service, saying that they brought in machines to kill all viruses in the church and that would kill all viruses on anyone that walked through the doors (and the stupid people that believed such claims).

While I am not a fan of organized religion, I do give Kudos to the various pastors that are now holding services at Drive-In movie theaters, where nobody gets out of their car and thus nobody gets close to anyone else.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Louisiana pastor, who has already been charged with multiple misdemeanors, is still holding services and LOTS of people (many busloads) are attending them -- because the virus is politically motivated and God will heal anyone that gets sick.

Thankfully, I finally managed to get out of that hellhole and never looked back.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

More worried about my mum than myself...heared today two brothers of her died, one sunday, the other monday. 69 and 73. (corona)

I am very sorry to hear of the losses in your family, Alwin. Do what you can to keep your mother indoors and safe, and keep yourself safe too.

• Like 2

Damn, Alwin. I'm saddened by your news and share your concern about your mom.

Mine's dealing with a bucket-load of health issues that threaten to send her to the hospital, to which we both know she'd have to go alone and from which we both think she's unlikely to return.

I'm hoping for the best for everyone.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Sad 10

18 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

More worried about my mum than myself...heared today two brothers of her died, one sunday, the other monday. 69 and 73. (corona)

Soooo sorry to hear this Alwin.  My thoughts are with you and your mum.  I would hug you but you would shove me off :) 

So I got a delivery from ASDA yesterday (I was lucky to get a slot 2 weeks ago;I doubt I'll manage to get another delivery for at least 3 months), and you would think that they would relax the law about not using plastic bags to bring your shopping but they don't ($££"%&^%$£%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!). So I had to pick up lots and lots of packages (I'm not complaining, at least I have food supplies -  definitely too many potatoes though, and a bottle of olive oil that wasn't on the shopping list; it'll be good for the local food bank) and for now anything non perishable in spread all over my living room floor so that anything that could have the virus on it can be left for a week and then the virus is dead (please tell me that will work?).

And I did wash my hands afterwards. But then today I picked up can't remember what and I'm sure I meant to wash my hands afterwards* but I'm 90% sure I got distracted and I touched a saucepan handle, and then... did I touch my computer?  and what else did I touch?  and is the coronavirus now all over my flat?  and oh my god how could I be so stupid?

It's exhausting. (There is no doubt in my mind that if I get the virus I will die. No doubt at all, none. I believe that like I know that the earth is a sphere. If I'm wrong...well, that's a good thing.)

It's also kinda unreal, I mean, apart from the fact there is this invisible killer thing out there, and you have no way to know whether you've picked it up or not, you can only hope and trust the law of statistics (and wash your hand until they are raw, and MAKE A POINT TO REMEMBER to wash your hands).

And it's scary as f&**()(&^%*)). Especially the part where you feel fine now, but - sorry - you could be dead in two weeks time. 

So that was the last few days - bits of manic terror, bits of feeling like normal life (hey, we got the log homes today, that was nice), bit of living under a black cloud, all that randomly all through the day. Oh, and not sleeping a lot.

And UK is NOT getting the testing done, which is somewhat infuriating.  

*talking about handwashing, and I know it's nothing next to being infected with the coronavirus, but the back of my hand now looks like rhinoceros hide, and that's despite moisturising after each wash - is it just me???? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Arquet said:

*talking about handwashing, and I know it's nothing next to being infected with the coronavirus, but the back of my hand now looks like rhinoceros hide, and that's despite moisturising after each wash - is it just me???? 

It's me too. My hands are red, dry, and cracking. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Arquet said:

So I got a delivery from ASDA yesterday (I was lucky to get a slot 2 weeks ago;I doubt I'll manage to get another delivery for at least 3 months), and you would think that they would relax the law about not using plastic bags to bring your shopping but they don't

They brought mine on Friday in plastic bags. I was surprised.  I had left one of those big IKEA bags in the porch for them to dump everything into because normally the nice men always carry it all into my kitchen for me if one of my son's aren't around

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is still pretty much the entire US.

And that's not good either, but the UK is supposed to have a good healthcare system.

I'm sure it'll get done (in both UK and US)... eventually.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:39 PM, Panteleeva said:

i just realized that my college love have same face features as Murilo Benício,lol.

lovely nostalgy,lol

2020-03-31.png

Cute.

Do you ever wonder where your college love is now?

I used to think my old school love looked a bit like Denny Lane; it was a particular grin he had and his lovely soft slightly long and wavy hair. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

They brought mine on Friday in plastic bags. I was surprised.  I had left one of those big IKEA bags in the porch for them to dump everything into because normally the nice men always carry it all into my kitchen for me if one of my son's aren't around

Regional differences? 😏

Your Asda is smarter than mine, obviously.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.