How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been sleeping way too much and I'm not sure why. The living in social isolation is nothing new to me, so I wouldn't think that would be it, but of course the whole virus thing is depressing. I had Wellbutrin added to my mix of meds, mainly to stop the hunger cravings the other med gives me. I thought maybe Wellbutrin was causing the excess sleep, but it turns out that if anything, it would give me insomnia. So that's out. I know I'm still in the throws of getting used to my life stabilizing a bit with the new housing. I don't know what's going on. Excess sleep, as is occurring now, is rare for me unless I'm so far down the pit of depression that I'm katatonic. As far as I know I'm not. But I had at least 8 hours of sleep last night, got up, did some minor morning things, around 10:30 I laid down to watch one episode of a program but apparently fell asleep 15 minutes into it and when I got up it was nearly 7 pm.  If it isn't the medication then it is me, and probably depression and if so I'm totally out of touch with myself, and I'm not used to that. On the other hand, if sleeping is the worst of my problems, then I shouldn't complain. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Worried.

I had to have the chat with my son AGAIN that unless he wants his father and me to die he needs to stay at home.

Which then brought up the conversation with my husband about what will we do if the other one dies.  Where are the bills kept, who manages the life insurance,  what we want done with our bodies and is the will current.  That sort of stuff.  Always a load of laughs having that sort of talk :(

Yet still optimistic.  Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Speaking from experience rarely does everything fall into place when your spouse dies. Even if you have conversations.

• Sad 4

I am trying, really hard, to get excited about my friends and I grouping together our premium land allowances.  We got a great location, water one side, road the other and I should be joining in all the planning for the landscape but I can't.  Mostly don't even want to be in SL at all these days and I hoped a fresh new home would help.  I guess still give it time.  It's not even 6 weeks yet since he went.  

I also have no bread or milk and feel conflicted, should I as the "vulnerable" adult go out for it or send my son?  I know he is healthy and sensible but still feels a horrid choice to have to make.  

• Sad 7

Things are looking up.  I got a call from a local volunteer organiser who will arrange for a volunteer to get some bits of shopping for me.  He seemed surprised that I had my shopping list ready to send in a text file, but I wanted to be prepared. :D  The M.E. aches have settled in for the duration; I put that down to general stress.  I think it possible that my mental health is better than most just now as, apart from the food situation, life hasn't changed much at all.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am trying, really hard, to get excited about my friends and I grouping together our premium land allowances.  We got a great location, water one side, road the other and I should be joining in all the planning for the landscape but I can't.  Mostly don't even want to be in SL at all these days and I hoped a fresh new home would help.  I guess still give it time.  It's not even 6 weeks yet since he went.  

I also have no bread or milk and feel conflicted, should I as the "vulnerable" adult go out for it or send my son?  I know he is healthy and sensible but still feels a horrid choice to have to make.  

It's still early days in your grieving process.  You could just let the others in your group take on the burden of planning; they'd understand, surely.  As for going out, is there an overwhelming reason for going out yourself instead of your son?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It's still early days in your grieving process.  You could just let the others in your group take on the burden of planning; they'd understand, surely.  As for going out, is there an overwhelming reason for going out yourself instead of your son?

Yes to letting them do it all and no overwhelming reason for me to go other than mother lioness instinct to put myself in danger before my kids. Not particularly logical at this time but its just my guilt feelings messing with my head. :/ 

• Like 5

With precise information, (a list), great care for personal safety and a big hug, your son would feel privileged to go on these missions I think.
We are ready to do anything our mum wants or needs when she gets back from eldest siss's safe haven tomorrow.
With us, that's the true meaning of family. 100% support and helping each other out.
Mums have to realise they have already done their bit. They have nothing left to prove.
They deserve to be looked after through thick and thin.

And that's 👉 you. 🥰

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 10:35 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Well, we got a call on Wednesday that our daughters PCP(which she saw on Monday) tested positive for Covid-19... So.. Yeah... 14 days of complete isolation.. With two teen girls.. Not enough food as we were planning to go shopping that day.. No credit card to buy food from the grocery store and they cant deliver until friday anyway as EVERYONE is ordering online now. Kids cant get their breakfast and lunch from the school now. Cant go to the Food Pantry. I refuse to even remotely chance getting them sick. 

So, how am I feeling? Lost, scared(i have diabetes, makes me immune compromised|), worried as we currently lead the world in active cases and the number just.. keeps.. going.. up. Despair in knowing our fearless leader has no clue and just want his ego stroked for the piss poor job he has done or he will withhold supplies. Lets face it kids. The humans are screwed. Need to call a few family members and see if they can go shopping for us. 

ETA forgot to mention.. My daughter had a trip to Virginia planned with her school chorus class. They were going to sing at Bush Gardens.. No refund of $900.. "maybe we will go next year." From the teacher. I believe that as much as i believe that in 15 days Covid-19 will be gone.. 

Big hugs to my beloved friend, I'm thinking of you and your family and so sorry your going through this!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If you are extra vulnerable i saw this deal https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/food-package-for-the-most-vulnerable-if-you-sign-up-3430712 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I am on the less vunerable than that list. :/   I checked and its because MS is on the vulnerable list but only on the "most vulnerable" care package list if you are taking certain medications for it.  (which I am not) 

• Sad 5

1 minute ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm doing pretty well, all things considered; it's amazing what fresh milk and bread can do for morale.  I also had the pleasure of seeing and hearing people being cheered up when I told them of my gratitude for their help.  I hope that cheering-up spreads. :) 

You gave me an idea.  I have an elderly relative who is refusing all my attempts to offer help and is being very independent.  My tulips are about to bloom and I think I will get the boy to drop a few at her door once they are ready

• Like 10

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

You gave me an idea.  I have an elderly relative who is refusing all my attempts to offer help and is being very independent.  My tulips are about to bloom and I think I will get the boy to drop a few at her door once they are ready

What a lovely idea. :) 

• Like 2

very tired. Internet provider still don t admit they have problems.,many customers are complaining in their vk con official page , but as an answer we get only :please give us tracert results ,tell us your actual phone number.etc. They say they will fix all personally.how??Everyone who use that provider feel like it s 2008 when we all had ADSL modem thingy. Their offices are closed,so stuff seems just having fun on us .(((

• Sad 6

3 hours ago, Panteleeva said:

very tired. Internet provider still don t admit they have problems.,many customers are complaining in their vk con official page , but as an answer we get only :please give us tracert results ,tell us your actual phone number.etc. They say they will fix all personally.how??Everyone who use that provider feel like it s 2008 when we all had ADSL modem thingy. Their offices are closed,so stuff seems just having fun on us .(((

All ISPs are experiencing higher than normal traffic so it's going to be sticky from time to time. I'm on FIOS and even we are having some minor issues during high peak times and he is having to work from home on the phone and computer. So I have to forego logging in until late in the afternoon SLT, usually when most people are logging out for dinner and tv or bed.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 4

I'm feeling pretty good right now. I've gotten off twitter for the past month i believe and it's help a lot with my mental health and keeping me sane during these times. I'm feeling better and i'm glad i can say that. Just playing my video games and Secondlife, oh and doing a lot of self care.

• Like 7

I feel like I should stop posting since all I ever do is "chime in at every opportunity". Apparently my trying to help makes me an attention hound. Who knew.

On top of that our internet connection is going loopy. Fug it. I'm taking my ball and going home.

tenor.gif

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

42 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I feel like I should stop posting since all I ever do is "chime in at every opportunity". Apparently my trying to help makes me an attention hound. Who knew.

On top of that our internet connection is going loopy. Fug it. I'm taking my ball and going home.

tenor.gif

It’s a feature not a bug.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

No, ma'am... you may not stop posting. You are one of a handful of people that I look for everyday. For my sanity, I really have to insist that you not go anywhere. Periodt, as the youngsters say these days. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm mostly ok, wish I had more time.  Usually I love the fact that I am able to work from home.  But now it's kind of a curse, because I have to work when I want to have some time to read, to socialize on line, to be with everyone in this stressful plague time.  I love you all and please don't any of you think your contributions to the conversation are lacking; we all do what we can do and we all get our buttons pushed in different ways.   I need you guys! 

Genie From Aladdin Quotes. QuotesGram

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

No, ma'am... you may not stop posting. You are one of a handful of people that I look for everyday. For my sanity, I really have to insist that you not go anywhere. Periodt, as the youngsters say these days. 

So that's where all my sanity has been going...

goodbye-sanity_o_1200211.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.