How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Apparently you've started playing the game...

😛

And I don't even have any kids at home anymore.

That is what I get for having 2 threads open at once and posting a somewhat funny specifically for Cindy in our feeling thread.  

I did finally manage to get the picture out of that post

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 1

Crap nights sleep.  Really bad leg spasms and burning hip pain.  I haven't suffered those for quite a while but I have also been avoiding taking my normal Ibuprofen pain killers just in case because of reports that it has an adverse effect on Covid if you have it.  SIghs.  

ASDA just delivered an ok order.  Just missing some things I can cope without.  No salmon, no cooked ham and no salad stuff and a few other things missing but the essentials are there so enough to last a week as long as nobody is fussy :) 

The child decorated the window with rainbows and teddy bears yesterday so hopefully that makes people walking by smile and helps the kiddies on their "bear hunt" walks.  The zoo is live streaming feeding times again today.  I am currently watching them feeding the meerkats  💗  I guess I will fit in a nap some time today 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Crap nights sleep.  Really bad leg spasms and burning hip pain.  I haven't suffered those for quite a while but I have also been avoiding taking my normal Ibuprofen pain killers just in case because of reports that it has an adverse effect on Covid if you have it.  SIghs.  

ASDA just delivered an ok order.  Just missing some things I can cope without.  No salmon, no cooked ham and no salad stuff and a few other things missing but the essentials are there so enough to last a week as long as nobody is fussy :) 

The child decorated the window with rainbows and teddy bears yesterday so hopefully that makes people walking by smile and helps the kiddies on their "bear hunt" walks.  The zoo is live streaming feeding times again today.  I am currently watching them feeding the meerkats  💗  I guess I will fit in a nap some time today 

The rainbows do look smashing in all the windows. The Rotherham Advertiser featured a lot of the pictures the kids have been doing on their front cover. I do my daily exercise by a 1.6 mile walk to/from my brother's, and more and more rainbows are appearing en route in windows.

Sorry you're having pain and discomfort today.  

I'm really having trouble remembering what day of the week it is. For so long now Fridays have been really noisy at my flat, as I live in front of what is a building development currently.  The construction workers could not keep to the distancing rules, and closed for the foreseeable. Silver lining, the peace. 

rainbows.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
need a new keyboard
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

The child decorated the window with rainbows and teddy bears yesterday so hopefully that makes people walking by smile and helps the kiddies on their "bear hunt" walks. 

We're doing that over here too, the bear hunt part -- or similar, using various types of stuff animals.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

We did the old folks' hour at the grocery store again this morning - this time going to the other larger store.  Still no paper products or rice or beans, but the canned goods aisle was 1/2-3/4 full.  The produce area was stocked to almost overflowing, so we were able to grab some fresh stuff.  We picked up stuff to make a few casseroles so that we'd have a decent amount of leftovers for lunches.  People were pretty well behaved, maintaining fairly good distances for the most part.  It is impossible to pass someone going the other way in the aisle and keep 6 feet between you -- hell, the aisles themselves are only roughly 5-6 feet wide.  We just all hold our breath and pass each other quickly.

And I slept fairly well last night - not great, but not the waking every 1-2 hours crap, so I'll at least be able to get through the work day okay.

THANK GOODNESS it is Friday.  Work is odd these days, so I'm looking forward to 2 days of no work.

• Like 7

One good thing and one bad thing; the good thing is I've completed my first full week of working from home, and I think I don't even want to go back to working in the office ever again.  I know I'll have to sooner or later but this one-minute commute is doing wonders for my stress levels.

On the bad side, I've also had back pain all week, caused by walking home from the grocery store with a too-heavy load, instead of taking the bus as I usually do. Nothing that a normal dose of paracetamol can't handle, but I'm having to be extra careful how I move, especially getting up out of a chair.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Matty Luminos said:

One good thing and one bad thing; the good thing is I've completed my first full week of working from home, and I think I don't even want to go back to working in the office ever again.  I know I'll have to sooner or later but this one-minute commute is doing wonders for my stress levels.

On the bad side, I've also had back pain all week, caused by walking home from the grocery store with a too-heavy load, instead of taking the bus as I usually do. Nothing that a normal dose of paracetamol can't handle, but I'm having to be extra careful how I move, especially getting up out of a chair.

Best not to risk buses, I think. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Best not to risk buses, I think. 

Yes that was exactly my thought. I'm pretty sure I've had Covid19 already but I've also heard of people being able to get it more than once so I am still being careful.

• Like 2

I really need to stop reading the news.  These days, it pretty much just pisses me off all the time.  I just want to go out and slap people and scream & yell at them - mostly the politicians, but quite a few everyday folks also.

I realized today that I've been stress eating, mostly junk food.  Maybe if I can restrict my reading of the news....................

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Yes that was exactly my thought. I'm pretty sure I've had Covid19 already but I've also heard of people being able to get it more than once so I am still being careful.

It would be nice if there was a test, and if you couldn't get it again, how much of a relief that would be. 

• Like 2

For this moment, at least, I'm feeling good. I just got home from the grocery and was very pleased to see nearly everything fully stocked. The bread and toilet paper aisles were pretty empty, but not so empty I couldn't grab a loaf and a few rolls of TP. 

And ice cream. Cheese. A frozen lasagna.

Oh, and a cake. 

People were staying well away from each other for the most part, except passing in the aisles. Like @LittleMe Jewell said - that's just not possible to do. I noticed a lot more people wearing masks as well, so that's good and bad. I'm okay with the older folks having them, and I know you can never really tell what someone's underlying health conditions may be, but I know there were some of them that were not high risk and shouldn't have the masks. 

And now, I think I shall have cake and ice cream for lunch and try not to look at the news. I'm really trying to limit it to only watching my mayor and governor, with maybe a smattering of Twitter just to see how the great orange turd has continued on his regular schedule of effing things up with his merry gang of equally stinky turds.

It helps my sanity. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Use a rolled up hand towel or some other cushioning that you can place across the small of your back (lower lumbar region) below the waist but just above the hip line to give your back the added support and if you have a kitchen chair cushion type 1/2" to 1" thick put that on the seat of your chair.

There are also stretching exercises you can do for your back while seated. I usually do variations of the back bend arch.

https://www.health.com/fitness/chair-yoga-back-pain

Any thing that you can do while sitting to stretch those back muscles will help. There are many sites online that have different ways of doing this specifically for office workers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I noticed a lot more people wearing masks as well, so that's good and bad. I'm okay with the older folks having them, and I know you can never really tell what someone's underlying health conditions may be, but I know there were some of them that were not high risk and shouldn't have the masks. 

They could be wearing masks that they already had.  And the truth is, unless it is a medical grade mask or a few heavy duty home construction type masks, it is highly unlikely that the mask will prevent them from getting the virus --- but if they have it without knowing, the mask will prevent them from spreading it.  That is what all of this 'everyone should wear a mask' is really all about -- not spreading it when you don't know that you are sick. Thus, the person's risk level doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not they should wear a mask -- assuming they didn't go buy up a bunch of medical grade ones just for themselves if they aren't health/emergency folks.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They could be wearing masks that they already had.  And the truth is, unless it is a medical grade mask or a few heavy duty home construction type masks, it is highly unlikely that the mask will prevent them from getting the virus --- but if they have it without knowing, the mask will prevent them from spreading it.  That is what all of this 'everyone should wear a mask' is really all about -- not spreading it when you don't know that you are sick. Thus, the person's risk level doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not they should wear a mask -- assuming they didn't go buy up a bunch of medical grade ones just for themselves if they aren't health/emergency folks.

Our state is asking everyone who isn't in the high risk category to donate whatever supplies they have to hospitals, even the ones that aren't necessarily medical grade. They are using them to cover their medical grade ones so they can (try) to keep them cleaner and re-use them so it's less about whether Tom, Dick, or Harry catch or transmit the virus and more about making sure the doctors, nurses, and front line people have adequate supplies. 

And we know they don't since Jared opened his big, ugly, stupid, hateful, evil pie-hole whining about how the federal supply of PPE isn't supposed to be for the states. WHAT. THE. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?????????

...eats the whole damn cake...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

Our state is asking everyone who isn't in the high risk category to donate whatever supplies they have to hospitals, even the ones that aren't necessarily medical grade. They are using them to cover their medical grade ones so they can (try) to keep them cleaner and re-use them so it's less about whether Tom, Dick, or Harry catch or transmit the virus and more about making sure the doctors, nurses, and front line people have adequate supplies. 

And we know they don't since Jared opened his big, ugly, stupid, hateful, evil pie-hole whining about how the federal supply of PPE isn't supposed to be for the states. WHAT. THE. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?????????

Interesting.  I wonder what they'll say if the WHO really does come out and recommend that everyone wear some sort of mask/face covering.

Not sure about Colorado's current policy, but originally they were only wanting us to donate stuff that was still in unopened packages. Thus I still have a mostly full box of nitrile gloves.  I've parceled some out to a few neighbors, and used some, but the box is still probably 1/2-3/4 full.

We also have about a dozen lightweight dust masks that my husband bought a couple of years ago when we were doing heavy duty remodeling.  That package is also opened and partially used.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Interesting.  I wonder what they'll say if the WHO really does come out and recommend that everyone wear some sort of mask/face covering.

Not sure about Colorado's current policy, but originally they were only wanting us to donate stuff that was still in unopened packages. Thus I still have a mostly full box of nitrile gloves.  I've parceled some out to a few neighbors, and used some, but the box is still probably 1/2-3/4 full.

We also have about a dozen lightweight dust masks that my husband bought a couple of years ago when we were doing heavy duty remodeling.  That package is also opened and partially used.

I think we're pretty much accepting anything. We aren't getting absolutely nailed just yet like NYC and LA, but - and I know I brag on him a lot - our governor is really doing everything he can to get out in front of it. He's got the National Guard building field hospital for 2,000 at our state fairgrounds. We don't need it  yet, but he wants it ready in case we do. 

Every little old lady in Kentucky with a sewing machine is making masks, kids are making them, all the Bourbon distilleries are making hand sanitizer, the state borders are all but closed to people coming into the state or leaving the state. 

Kentucky really doesn't have a lot to be proud of, but I'm pretty proud of how we're handling this. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

And ice cream. Cheese. A frozen lasagna.

Oh, and a cake. 

21 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

My go to is chips & chocolate.  

I used to have more willpower against chips when I went to the store.  Not these last few trips.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

And we know they don't since Jared opened his big, ugly, stupid, hateful, evil pie-hole whining about how the federal supply of PPE isn't supposed to be for the states. WHAT. THE. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF??????

Exactly. It’s not the virus as much as the arrogant incompetence galling me.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.