How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

So today, how I am feeling, is in total awe of the people who truly care for the rest of us, while putting themselves at risk.

Let's not forget the trucker's...because absolutely NOTHING gets done unless they get things from A-B first!  😉

• Like 6

Back home after taking clothes and toiletries to my mother at a 24/7 rehabilitation unit, where she was sent from hospital yesterday. So the huge stress of hospital visiting and finding her on the floor, and calling the ambulance has gone for now.

I really didn't want to leave home today, but I had to go over to her house to clear out the perishable food, and collect some clothes. I took my nitrile gloves and mask, and didn't interact with many people, and only from a distance. 

Food supplies seem more settled now, apart from eggs, but I have a supply.

Good thing I'm happy at home. Always plenty to do here.

Edited by BelindaN
Spelling
  • Like 9

22 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Let's not forget the trucker's...because absolutely NOTHING gets done unless they get things from A-B first!  😉

And the custodians and janitorial staff everywhere. 

Those people are the ones getting in the thick of it and disinfecting everything so it's safe for us - or as safe as possible. 

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Food supplies seem more settled now, apart from eggs, but I have a supply

Eggs were one thing that we had in abundance when I was at the store this morning.  I still have 2 dozen in the fridge, so I didn't grab any, but was actually surprised at how many were at the store.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've not had any issues this morning at all.

Thanks!

I'm feeling very mixed today. Like, I feel good, it's a pretty, sunny, warm day. I'm stable as far as my job and my hours go, Kentucky is doing all the right things to kill this fricking virus. 

I'm also feeling some sense of dread that is lying just below the surface, like the other day when I had my little panic attack. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop or something. 

I want us all to get our damn lives back. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Like, I feel good, it's a pretty, sunny, warm day.

We are actually supposed to be getting some rain and thunderstorms today.  I'm actually excited.  I love thunderstorms and rainfall, but here in the Denver area we don't get thunderstorms much and usually the rain is more of a 5-10 minute quick drench and then gone.  

It is all supposed to turn to snow tonight, which I'm not excited about, but for now I'm watching the skies in anticipation.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am losing it.  I just worked out how to play Baby Shark through the security camera in the living room.  Much to the annoyance of the 14 year old chatting online with his school friends 🤪

Crap. Now I need to listen to Baby Shark... do do do do do do...

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I am losing it.  I just worked out how to play Baby Shark through the security camera in the living room.  Much to the annoyance of the 14 year old chatting online with his school friends 🤪

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

You are so right.

In fact - this could actually go on the Pet Peeve thread, but that's turned into a recipe thread and it seems a shame to go back to pet peeving on it - while one section of the community get all the praise and applause, another section is put down as not quite good enough. Another side effect of COVID-19.  I am really hoping though that as we realise who our heroes are - as you have done here Dano - that more and more will receive our praise and society will become much more positive as a result.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

In fact - this could actually go on the Pet Peeve thread, but that's turned into a recipe thread and it seems a shame to go back to pet peeving on it -

Oh piffle. Do you know how quickly that thread changes? :) Peeve away. I think we've kinda done the lima bean and chili thang anyway. 

I'm thankful, and a heavy tipper, to those people who are delivering things to our doors. I just got a boatload of food from the local Italian place. (Yeah, no... not covered by food stamps but covered by a credit card, cuz that ain't like having to actually pay for it, right? Right?!?)  :::burps daintily:::

• Like 4

I'm ecstatic.  My husband went to the liquor store to get some of the spiked fizzy water that he likes.  He stopped at the little corner store on the way back and found a couple of bags of my Doritos.

(not that I really need 2 bags of Doritos, but we won't go there)

• Like 8

I was feeling pretty good, and then someone posted something wrong down in the LH section, and I can't correct it because I'm not at all welcome in that section anymore, and it is killing me not to correct them

duty_calls.png.e30160f12ab929563daeb9e40dfd88b6.png

Can someone please go over there and let them know that Bridge Over Troubled Water is by Simon & GARFUNKEL and it was actually Garfunkel singing it?? Yes, Paul wrote it but it's Art's voice! GAH!

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

How am I doing today? I have no idea. My moods continue to fluctuate like a coffee drinker's cardiogram. Last night the "new guy" and I had a surprise meeting (I was inworld taking photos and he showed up). We talked. I cried through most of it. Luckily for both of us it was in text. I'm confused still after it, not really sure what is happening, but even the best scenario isn't good. So there's that.

I'm slowly making progress on putting the new apartment together. Emphasis on slowly. The kitchen remains a disaster (hence the Italian food delivery). I'm rather proud of my bedroom closet now. My old apartment didn't really have a closet. This one has several, all nice sized. So one good thing about moving is at least once in the apartment's history with me it'll have well-organized closets.

I'm *preparing* to take better care of myself. I'm not actually taking better care of myself, in fact, I'm taking lousy care of myself. But there's a glimmer of "maybe" stirring. I signed up for a 30-day online mental health type program. I have access to it. I just haven't opened it yet. I ordered a couple of used books on Amazon dealing with physical health. I have subscribed to a couple of youTube channels for exercise that seem to be convertible to someone with my physical disabilities.  All of this will eventually be a good thing or they will just haunt me and make me feel guilty for not doing things while at the same time making my health even worse.

But mainly I'm binge watching streaming programs. BTW, for those of you in the USA (don't know about elsewhere & the licensing laws), the Sundance Channel is offering 1 month of free streaming! Of course you can cancel before the month is up. I'm currently bingeing The Name of the Rose. I adore Umberto Eco's work. This series, with John Turturro is better than the movie that came out a long time ago with Sean Connery. Go to www.Sundancenow.com

I have managed to take some SL photos, which usually is a type of meditation for me. (Flickr link below fwiw & shameless plug.)

I get a synopsis email with the Washington Post's top headlines. Just reading the headlines, let alone the articles, is enough to send me to bed for several days. God. It was bad enough when it was "just" the crazy politics. Now it is pandemic AND crazy politics. Cue the Beatles. "I read the news today, ohboy..."

I'm still grumpy with a smidge of knee-jerk responses, so I'm hoping to avoid Forum boors and as*hats if that is possible while still being on the Forum.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I went on a rant on my RL facebook about the TV station replacing a soap opera (Coronation Street). Fair enough they are rationing the pre recorded episodes but at at time when all the old dears who have religiously watched it for 40 or 50 years  are possibly stuck home alone, their replacement to this programme was Star Bloody Wars.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I was feeling pretty good, and then someone posted something wrong down in the LH section, and I can't correct it because I'm not at all welcome in that section anymore, and it is killing me not to correct them

duty_calls.png.e30160f12ab929563daeb9e40dfd88b6.png

Can someone please go over there and let them know that Bridge Over Troubled Water is by Simon & GARFUNKEL and it was actually Garfunkel singing it?? Yes, Paul wrote it but it's Art's voice! GAH!

This is one that needs several emoticons to respond. I "laughed" (and I rarely do the sarcastic laugh, although it does happen but that wasn't the case), because yeah, someone said something wrong on the Internet. But I needed the sad face about wtf happened so you aren't welcome in the freaking LH section? I didn't even know you could pis* people off over there. Then again, I pis* people off in the "how do you look today" thread, so yeah. That happens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Seicher Rae and @Beth Macbain I really really love you guys!  I laugh a lot reading these, but it's the been there laugh and oh God yeah! laugh, and never the mean sarcastic one.   Know that I hear you and feel you and care.

And my mood, up and down and round and round and trying desperately to get my work done while still keeping up with whats happening in the world I love, the unreal one that is so much more important to me than RL.  I want to go find that thread and straighten those people out about who is singing, but I don't have time and how dare they get mad at you in the how do you look thread?

Funny-pictures-group-hug.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

This is one that needs several emoticons to respond. I "laughed" (and I rarely do the sarcastic laugh, although it does happen but that wasn't the case), because yeah, someone said something wrong on the Internet. But I needed the sad face about wtf happened so you aren't welcome in the freaking LH section? I didn't even know you could pis* people off over there. Then again, I pis* people off in the "how do you look today" thread, so yeah. That happens.

I'm too blunt and contrary for them. Well, most people actually. I think most you in this section have gotten used to my being snarky, then sweet, then snarky again, though. They just get really passive-aggressive about it. I feel like it's gotten very Stepford-ish and any opinions that go against what has been decided is the correct opinion are not to be spoken. 

It's fine, though. It's much more fun up here! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.