How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I went on a rant on my RL facebook about the TV station replacing a soap opera (Coronation Street). Fair enough they are rationing the pre recorded episodes but at at time when all the old dears who have religiously watched it for 40 or 50 years  are possibly stuck home alone, their replacement to this programme was Star Bloody Wars.  

The existence of Coronation Street is one of those quirky things that make the Brits so freaking adorable!  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

The existence of Coronation Street is one of those quirky things that make the Brits so freaking adorable!  

#19 Coronanation Street. 😂 
(just a silly thing to say - NOT a dig @ Brits). ☺️
I've never seen it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm ecstatic.  My husband went to the liquor store to get some of the spiked fizzy water that he likes.  He stopped at the little corner store on the way back and found a couple of bags of my Doritos.

(not that I really need 2 bags of Doritos, but we won't go there)

Cool Ranch? 😋

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I was feeling pretty good, and then someone posted something wrong down in the LH section, and I can't correct it because I'm not at all welcome in that section anymore, and it is killing me not to correct them

duty_calls.png.e30160f12ab929563daeb9e40dfd88b6.png

Can someone please go over there and let them know that Bridge Over Troubled Water is by Simon & GARFUNKEL and it was actually Garfunkel singing it?? Yes, Paul wrote it but it's Art's voice! GAH!

One user laughed - 

Truly I laughed out loud. Sometimes, you really do just have to let things go, shrug and say "potatoes, potahtoes". This is one of them. (But I did go over to the thread to have a look.) It is hard not to be

a nal.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
fr igging forum editing grrrhhh !!!
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I went on a rant on my RL facebook about the TV station replacing a soap opera (Coronation Street). Fair enough they are rationing the pre recorded episodes but at at time when all the old dears who have religiously watched it for 40 or 50 years  are possibly stuck home alone, their replacement to this programme was Star Bloody Wars.  

Now that is one of my pet peeves - when a TV station replaces a programme with something not even remotely like it.  

And now I am going to p1ss on the Queen and say I have never been able to watch the entire first released film of Star Wars. It just has always bored the pants off me. I did, however, see Attack of the Clones at the cinema - oh such a long time ago now - and although it still bored the pants of me, there were some decent highlights; Yoda of course, and when that pompous robot got accidentally-on-purposed pushed. Fab stuff. 

I've stopped watching TV altogether. Most stuff I watch is via itv.com or BBC iplayer.

Edited by Marigold Devin
No one else's business
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:33 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just saw this in the news and thought of your post:

"The Department of Education has announced plans to suspend the collection of student loan debt for at least 60 days, according to a press release. 
The department also announced plans to stop and return nearly $1.8 billion held by the U.S treasury in tax refunds and social security payments previously withheld from individuals who had defaulted on federal student loans."

I can not find any information regarding this on IRS website.. But thanks for this info. I won't hold my breath. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Oh I so wanted to share with you a video of our lovely late comedienne, Victoria Wood, parodying Coronation Street, but the BBC have removed it from Youtube because of copyright infringements ! 

So here is something just as marvellous. I think. Good old northern England humour.

And staying in the How are you Feeling thread - I'm feeling great. Bathed and in my long baggy nightdress, pretending everything is ok in the world, and it is while I'm here, safe on this thread. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Oh I so wanted to share with you a video of our lovely late comedienne, Victoria Wood, parodying Coronation Street, but the BBC have removed it from Youtube because of copyright infringements ! 

So here is something just as marvellous. I think. Good old northern England humour.

And staying in the How are you Feeling thread - I'm feeling great. Bathed and in my long baggy nightdress, pretending everything is ok in the world, and it is while I'm here, safe on this thread. 

Thank you! I am a huge Anglophile. I love British shows and literature. 

• Like 1

i am overtired.  With this cv 19  worry  and  hubby is high risk from   his cancer surgery and the Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)   and due to the   ARDS    he has to be  on  continuious oxygen  .I was told in a few months he may be able to be off it  but for now   he is still at 3 liters ,,,, they tried to lower it but he is not ready  yet ,,, he was able to handle a few hours on being at 2 liters but his recovery time started to take longer and longer ,,, but day by day   

i am up at 3 am  every morning ,,,cleaning and disinfecting everyting !!!!!!!

I clean after the nurses / the  pt and ot  come and do what they do  ,,, i clean again and again ,,,,  ,,, when they deliver  the oxygen canisters i have to clean the outsides of the canisters  before bringing them in and make sure that   every thing is sealed properly ,,,, so i am always on high alert.

The down time i get is when i am able to read and enjoy the threads or go inworld to work on something i am makeing for the sl home, 

When i have to venture to the pharmacy for new or refill of one of his   prescription s        ..... I  take more than required precautions ,,,  i wear plastic  gloves ,,, i carry hand wipes and sanizer , and i bundle as if going  into a snow storm with the winter scarf covering my face from the nose down ,,,,  i do not care that people stare ,,, i have to make sure i do not carry anything back ,,,,  also since i have  very long hair in real life  put it up in a bun and wear a knit hat  so the spors if air born  will not get in my hair ,,,,,, i have a plastic bag in the inside doorway so when i return i put every thing into it and  and other item in a different bag and then   put food and items in safe contaniers i have in the house  i have a stack net to the doorway so  nothing that could be contaminated goes in  i   dispose of all boxes bags etc before i enter in to the house from the encloed doorway    breezeway     the clothing  dump   right to the washer  hat  jacket scarf  jeans  socks  anything that the jacket did not cover ,,,, ,,,, i change my shoes as well the ones i wear out  stay in a plastic bag and i put them on outside and take them off out side ,,, so ,,, yes i am exhausted ,,,  I am not complaining //  i am grateful for every second and when i spoke my wedding vows years ago  in sickness and in health ,,, i meant every word!!!!!! ,

i try to hide  how  tired i am ,,,,  I joke , i pray , i do my gratitude journel ,,,,

i know how precious every second is ,,,

i just wish i could sleep a  sleep without my brain  being in high alert mode  so any little noise i wake  up ,,  if he sighs or  yawns   i wake up  ,, and then  try to get back to sleep  is a task in itself

,,,,  so if i am a bit over sensitive please forgive me  and try to understand

,,, and to make it worse they are out of my fav icecream ,,,, so now yous know ,,,, hugs love 

Edited by roseelvira
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Sad 9

9 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

i am overtired.  With this cv 19  worry  and  hubby is high risk from   his cancer surgery and the Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)   and due to the   ARDS    he has to be  on  continuious oxygen  .I was told in a few months he may be able to be off it  but for now   he is still at 3 liters ,,,, they tried to lower it but he is not ready  yet ,,, he was able to handle a few hours on being at 2 liters but his recovery time started to take longer and longer ,,, but day by day   

I clean after the nurses / the  pt and ot  come and do what they do  ,,, i clean again and again ,,,,  ,,, when they deliver  the oxygen canisters i have to clean the outsides of the canisters  before bringing them in and make sure that   every thing is sealed properly ,,,, so i am always on high alert.

The down time i get is when i am able to read and enjoy the threads or go inworld to work on something i am makeing for the sl home, 

When i have to venture to the pharmacy for new or refill of one of his   prescription s        ..... I  take more than required precautions ,,,  i wear plastic  gloves ,,, i carry hand wipes and sanizer , and i bundle as if going  into a snow storm with the winter scarf covering my face from the nose down ,,,,  i do not care that people stare ,,, i have to make sure i do not carry anyting back ,,,,  also since i have  very long hair in real life  put it up in a bun and wear a knit hat  so the spors if air born  will not get in my hair ,,,,,, i have a plastic bag in the inside doorway so when i return i put every thing into it andclothing  dump the   right to the washer  hat  jacket scarf  jeans  socks  anything that the jacket did not cover ,,,, ,,,, i change my shoes as well the ones i wear out  stay in a plastic bag and i put them on outside and take them off out side ,,, so ,,, yes i am exhausted ,,,  I am not complaining //  i am grateful for every second and when i spoke my wedding vows years ago  in sickness and in health ,,, i meant every word!!!!!! ,

i try to hide  how  tired i am ,,,,  I joke , i pray , i do my gratitude journel ,,,,

i just wish i could sleep a  sleep without my brain  being in high alert mode  so any little noise i wake  up ,,  if he sighs or  yawns   i wake up  ,, and then  try to get back to sleep  is a task in itself

,,, and to make it worse they are out of my fav icecream ,,,, so now yous know ,,,, hugs love 

Your outpourings of positivity helped me a lot on this thread, and I knew that you had a lot going on in your real life that could have brought you very low indeed. Instead of thinking of yourself, you are always thinking of others.

I write a journal too - not always filled with gratitude or positivity, but certainly when I read it back to myself, I can pick out the pockets of joy I had in each day from it, and that keeps me going some days when things seem so grim. 

May this COVID-19 virus be flattened in its tracks, so all our futures can be more hopeful.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

When i have to venture to the pharmacy for new or refill of one of his   prescription s        ..... I  take more than required precautions ,,,  i wear plastic  gloves ,,, i carry hand wipes and sanizer , and i bundle as if going  into a snow storm with the winter scarf covering my face from the nose down ,,,,  i do not care that people stare ,,, i have to make sure i do not carry anything back ,,,,  also since i have  very long hair in real life  put it up in a bun and wear a knit hat  so the spors if air born  will not get in my hair ,,,,,, i have a plastic bag in the inside doorway so when i return i put every thing into it and  and other item in a different bag and then   put food and items in safe contaniers i have in the house  i have a stack net to the doorway so  nothing that could be contaminated goes in  i   dispose of all boxes bags etc before i enter in to the house from the encloed doorway    breezeway     the clothing  dump   right to the washer  hat  jacket scarf  jeans  socks  anything that the jacket did not cover ,,,, ,,,, i change my shoes as well the ones i wear out  stay in a plastic bag and i put them on outside and take them off out side ,,, so ,,, yes i am exhausted ,,,  I am not complaining //  i am grateful for every second and when i spoke my wedding vows years ago  in sickness and in health ,,, i meant every word!!!!!! ,

I know how grindingly exhausting it is being a caregiver, Rose. All you can do is what you would advise anyone else to do in your position. Get rest even if you have to go in a different room or ask for help if possible. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I can not find any information regarding this on IRS website.. But thanks for this info. I won't hold my breath. 

Here is the press release from the Dept of Education.  If they have already taken the money, they have to give it back, but who knows how long it will take:

https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/secretary-devos-directs-fsa-stop-wage-garnishment-collections-actions-student-loan-borrowers-will-refund-more-18-billion-students-families

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

And now I am going to p1ss on the Queen and say I have never been able to watch the entire first released film of Star Wars. It just has always bored the pants off me. I did, however, see Attack of the Clones at the cinema - oh such a long time ago now - and although it still bored the pants of me, there were some decent highlights; Yoda of course, and when that pompous robot got accidentally-on-purposed pushed. Fab stuff.

So, basically, if I want to get your pants off, watch a Star Wars flick with you.  Thanks for the tip 😛

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Today most of shops doesnt work in Mall, Burger king is closed,mcdonalds still work today only as mcdonalds auto (but anyone can order),.TOOO MUCH people in any grocery store, TOOO much people at mdecicne stores.and it was hard for me to get meds for stomach,pills for allergy and a couple of patches.Old people still buy close to 20 pair of gloves ,uh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I got a letter from my local council today that invited vulnerable people to sign up for help with daily living; I registered and told them I just need help with basic shopping and scrip delivery.  I've run out of bread and most other fresh food but have enough tinned supplies for maybe a week.  It's important to keep as healthy as possible though so I really need fresh food.  I never managed to get to the shop as I fell ill again but this is a genuine offer of help, and it makes me hopeful.  

• Like 10

Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

I got a letter from my local council today that invited vulnerable people to sign up for help with daily living; I registered and told them I just need help with basic shopping and scrip delivery.  I've run out of bread and most other fresh food but have enough tinned supplies for maybe a week.  It's important to keep as healthy as possible though so I really need fresh food.  I never managed to get to the shop as I fell ill again but this is a genuine offer of help, and it makes me hopeful.  

I think that is really good.  I queried why I was on the at risk list but not that vunerable person list and its because I am not taking DMTs  (disease modifying treatments)  for MS  which lower your immunity even more.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I think that is really good.  I queried why I was on the at risk list but not that vunerable person list and its because I am not taking DMTs  (disease modifying treatments)  for MS  which lower your immunity even more.  

I don't know the answer, but as far as I know this letter was sent to everyone in the area.

• Like 1

Today is not a good day, I am just going to vent...a very looooooooooooooong vent. (it has nothing to do with the virus)

I spent the better part, ok, ALL of last night, essentially talking down a dear friend from a ledge. I don't actually log inworld very often these days, unless I have to, because..reasons. But I have a very good friend I met many years ago that I keep in touch with in rl and have, for years. She's been through hell and back, really, not gonna air all her dirty laundry but this woman..she's truly amazing in every possible way I can think of. I honestly don't know how she's still standing after all she's been through, I sure as hell wouldn't be. Long story longer, she came out of her very deeply rooted (for really, really good reasons) comfort zone recently and what started as a dream come true (in more ways than anyone other than me seems to realize) turned into a nightmare so quickly for her, both in sl and out. I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the way some people treat others, ok, the way she's been treated recently. I think the problem is that I know her, and I know her very well, so to see her take some of the recent strides she has, hear her tell me how proud of herself she is for doing it, hear the pure joy in her voice that really hasn't been around in quite a few years....and then see it dashed all away by people in sl, especially one particular, but, people in general too...

I'm hating people right now, and I want so badly to hurt this person for hurting her, but I don't meddle. I serve as a sounding board, a shoulder, her anchor in rough waters if she needs me, but I don't meddle. I wish the world would take even just a few minutes to really get to meet her. I have never met a more courageous, loving, dedicated, talented, intelligent, absolutely beautiful young woman in my entire life. She's faced things so insurmountable all on their own, much less all compounded together, recently had surgery again too that's throwing her for a bigger loop than it would normally, because this shouldn't have been necessary and that's worrisome. People claim things such as like and love, but they only want the parts of other people that they think they like, they don't want the whole of the being and I will never understand that. She and I have been dear friends for many years, but even we have had our issues, albeit it mostly minor issues, minus a couple doozies over the years (which make much more sense in light of what was going on at the time). There is light and dark in every human being, and you can't possibly have only one and not the other. I don't understand why this isn't, I guess more realized. I both love and hate that I know what she's feeling right now, and what she's doing to herself. I love it, because at least I know, and I can help when and where I can. I hate it because, she's struggling with self worth so hard right now and we've been down this path before. The specific person that partially caused this turmoil (she thinks she did it, of course) doesn't seem to actually care about what it's doing to her, but at the same time, doesn't seem like a monster either (yet my brain still says..you hurt my friend, you a monster). Like I said, I don't meddle, and I wouldn't unless she asked me to. But I so want to drive it into this person's thick skull that what they see of her is more than anyone's seen of her for years and years, and now they've driven that light back inside. But she's blaming herself entirely.

Now she's going to pull back, put every possible barrier up, even building more, around herself to keep herself separated from the world entirely again, and the world needs light like hers around. Not just sl, the whole world. She struggles to fit in on a daily basis, and I struggle to help her fit in because we don't run in the same circles in sl (truth be told, I don't run in any circles in sl, lol). She's a rock club goer, I'm a stay at homer, and occasional wanderer. I've been with her to the one place she goes most frequently, and keeps herself out of the way, off to the side, so she doesn't bother anyone, it's sad to see. I've seen her try to fit in, and I've seen how people react to her, and I can't stand it. She tries to join in with things, like recently, I encouraged her to join in some RFL activities at this place, and that turned into a *****show of epic proportions.  I went there, when she was offline to support her, and I literally witnessed people making fun of the photo she took in local chat. If it weren't for the fact that she truly enjoys this place (they apparently don't realize how much she actually needs it, asshats), I would've said something right then and there. She didn't want to win, she wasn't looking to win their little photo contest (and frankly, her picture is AMAZING, most of theirs suck, I don't care if it's for charity, she's really really good at taking pictures in sl). She just wanted to take part, and they're trashing her over it...like..wtf?  This is for a charity, and you gotta be jerks about things...to what end...for cred? I could say a lot more on that front, but I'm not going to, because it will be epically nasty and get my post removed. I hate cliques with every fiber of my being, it's a huge part of why I avoid clubs and groupings of people, because..people are involved, and people are more cliquey than not and I just want to slap them all when they do. 

I hate the world for her, because the world we live in, rl and sl, is a world that can't and won't accept her for her, and she's struggling with that, but putting in so much damn effort, and I can't fix it, but if anyone deserves it to be fixed, it's her. 

Why are people so damn jerky..totally rhetorical, no need to answer. I'm just mad at the world, because the world is stupid and I just need to be mad at it for a while. I know, these issues seem minor in the grand scheme of recent events, but they're really not. Even one person feeling the way she's feeling right now in the world, is a big issue, and I'm certain she's not alone.

(oh, and she won't read this btw, she doesn't come to the forums, she hates them..like I said, different circles, lol, but even if she did, she already knows all of this anyway)

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.