How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Does he not do Facebook? Have you looked for him on Google? If he looks like Murilo Benicio, I think he will always be a beautiful/handsome man. Men usually look even better as they age, wrinkles only adding more character.

My first love -  the one who I thought looked a little like Denny Laine - we dated in 1978, when I was 15 and he was 16. For the 41 years after that, I always knew who he was married to, and where he was working, and that he had moved out of our home town. Friends/family would see him and tell me.

We suddenly got back in touch, four months ago. To me, in certain lights, he still slightly looks like Denny Laine, but not the older Denny Laine of now, and he no longer has the long hair, although if he allowed his hair to grow, it would still be beautiful. It is still very dark hair, with some grey growing in it. He had to keep it short for his work.

It is human nature, I think, to continue to have interest in people from our past, as long as we don't take to sitting in cars outside their houses or posting envelopes with six of our eyelashes in it or anything over the line stalkerish like that. 

I saw his instagram pics when looked on differens pics from people of my city.Also I was looking into his vk com.page some years ago. 

So you had good  love story with your Denny Laine?yes ,it's good to remember our first love ,especially if story is good.

In my case my love never had interest in me,no matter how good I tried as 16 years old girl. And holy crap,I told him that I love him after college,means 2 years later after graduate and it was awkward:)he just said how you can kovr anyone yiue don't know good and all was over.:) 

P.s I looked on Denny L pics and I like them:)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

It's a crappy overcast and possibly drizzling day here, which just kinda adds to the whole mess. I've been having weird sleep patterns, which I think I've mentioned earlier in this thread (so hard to keep track of all my whining). I had an absolutely useless phone session with my mental health therapist about this. She's a new (to me) therapist, and we've only met a few times, so I'm not really sure if she's all that competent or not. On the plus side, she knows of and at least pretends to understand about SL and virtual socialization. Ha! Who is the crazy person now? Now that globally we are all shut ins and virtual connection is becoming all the more normal? But I digress... On the negative side, does the woman ever take notes? Listen? I find myself repeating myself often, and correcting her errors in comprehension about things already discussed. Such was the case when I mentioned my sleep issues. Oy. Effing. Vey.

Anyway, I've been generally sleeping too much. Last night I had insomnia. Neither helps with my depression. Both are probably symptoms of my clinical depression and stuff.  I've thought I've been feeling basically "ok" as far as things go. I haven't noticed myself sliding down into the depths. It didn't feel like worsening depression. I have made serious jokes about the self-isolation not really changing my life too much because that is how I live anyway. And that is true. 

But it isn't.

My normal self-isolation sucks. But my normal self-isolation doesn't include the world spinning into chaos. Plus, yeah, it appears the budding SL relationship was killed by COVID-19, something that doesn't show up on mortality statistics. Yet another thing taken away from me, by various situations and agencies. So today... like you Beth... I was ok-ish and then it hit me. And today I am recognizing the dam*ed signs of worsening depression. I also think my PTSD is pinging. Sigh. Recognizing it helps, to a degree. It also doesn't.  I finally get a freaking break with getting subsidized housing, which was supposed to be step one on the road back to normalization and BAM! we get hit with an effing pandemic??? I know it isn't all about me, but when it is about me, this is effing annoying AND depressing. I didn't get ONE day to enjoy the feeling of "ahhhh... a new place. Let's breathe!" It was bad enough when The Cheeto in Chief was a source of general anxiety, but when it is that AND the pandemic? JFC

Sigh.

I really needed to read Chuck Wendig's article (posted above comment). That actually helped somewhat. But I'm afraid I'm not doing too well at the moment. Anger/irritation is part of my symptoms of depression, and that IS helpful to know because I know to be on the lookout for being crotchety. So Forums aren't the best place to be hanging out.

TS calm.gif

189987-Kitten-Heart-Hug.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

It's a crappy overcast and possibly drizzling day here, which just kinda adds to the whole mess. I've been having weird sleep patterns, which I think I've mentioned earlier in this thread (so hard to keep track of all my whining). I had an absolutely useless phone session with my mental health therapist about this. She's a new (to me) therapist, and we've only met a few times, so I'm not really sure if she's all that competent or not. On the plus side, she knows of and at least pretends to understand about SL and virtual socialization. Ha! Who is the crazy person now? Now that globally we are all shut ins and virtual connection is becoming all the more normal? But I digress... On the negative side, does the woman ever take notes? Listen? I find myself repeating myself often, and correcting her errors in comprehension about things already discussed. Such was the case when I mentioned my sleep issues. Oy. Effing. Vey.

Anyway, I've been generally sleeping too much. Last night I had insomnia. Neither helps with my depression. Both are probably symptoms of my clinical depression and stuff.  I've thought I've been feeling basically "ok" as far as things go. I haven't noticed myself sliding down into the depths. It didn't feel like worsening depression. I have made serious jokes about the self-isolation not really changing my life too much because that is how I live anyway. And that is true. 

But it isn't.

My normal self-isolation sucks. But my normal self-isolation doesn't include the world spinning into chaos. Plus, yeah, it appears the budding SL relationship was killed by COVID-19, something that doesn't show up on mortality statistics. Yet another thing taken away from me, by various situations and agencies. So today... like you Beth... I was ok-ish and then it hit me. And today I am recognizing the dam*ed signs of worsening depression. I also think my PTSD is pinging. Sigh. Recognizing it helps, to a degree. It also doesn't.  I finally get a freaking break with getting subsidized housing, which was supposed to be step one on the road back to normalization and BAM! we get hit with an effing pandemic??? I know it isn't all about me, but when it is about me, this is effing annoying AND depressing. I didn't get ONE day to enjoy the feeling of "ahhhh... a new place. Let's breathe!" It was bad enough when The Cheeto in Chief was a source of general anxiety, but when it is that AND the pandemic? JFC

Sigh.

I really needed to read Chuck Wendig's article (posted above comment). That actually helped somewhat. But I'm afraid I'm not doing too well at the moment. Anger/irritation is part of my symptoms of depression, and that IS helpful to know because I know to be on the lookout for being crotchety. So Forums aren't the best place to be hanging out.

TS calm.gif

you and me both.  I just had an IM with my boss, told her I was taking long lunch breaks to keep my sanity and that I knew I should have been e-mailing her about them but i haven't and I'm now half an hour overdue to be back to work and still not mentally ready to.... She was very understanding and said hey if it works for you to go right ahead.  The only down side is the longer my lunch is, the later I get off work.....  That Chuck Wendig guy is great, isn't he? I just read him too.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

A lot of people don't recognize that anger/frustration is a sign of depression. When I'm sliding down into the dark abyss, I get absolutely foul-tempered. 

It helps hearing we're all experiencing a lot of the same feelings and emotions - but also, it doesn't, because we're all so damn isolated right now that consoling each other is nigh on impossible. I have my first appointment with my new psychiatrist in two weeks - or I would have anyway. They are offering tele-health, but with it being the first time I'm meeting him, I really don't want to do it over a video call so I'm going to postpone it. 

That's getting to me, too. Everything being postponed and on hold. We can't even reschedule things because we don't know when to reschedule them for. 

I'm not getting enough sleep, and when I do sleep, I'm having freaky dreams. 

The way we're all starting to feel is why I'm afraid we can't sustain this isolation for long enough to eradicate the virus. 

Anyhoo... yes, the forums are the best place for you. At least, this thread because you get to be crotchety along with the rest of us! 🤪

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

As someone who was receiving non-emergency medical followup treatment during the first weeks of the restrictions (last appointment was ~10 days ago), I am exceptionally grateful that they continued to provide this service for as long as it was safe to do so.

I've highlighted the important qualification. The dental office I use closed their doors to non-emergency traffic a full week before my family practice clinic did the same, reasoning that they were more at risk of spreading the virus by nature of the routine work they do. Both closures preceded our state's "shelter-in-place" order.

Had the closing dates been reversed, or either of them delayed until mandated, I'd probably take issue, as has Seicher.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panteleeva said:

I saw his instagram pics when looked on differens pics from people of my city.Also I was looking into his vk com.page some years ago. 

So you had good  love story with your Denny Laine?yes ,it's good to remember our first love ,especially if story is good.

In my case my love never had interest in me,no matter how good I tried as 16 years old girl. And holy crap,I told him that I love him after college,means 2 years later after graduate and it was awkward:)he just said how you can kovr anyone yiue don't know good and all was over.:) 

P.s I looked on Denny L pics and I like them:)

I will never understand what goes on in a man's head really.  

Your ex-man was/is good looking, but has the sensitivity of a doorstop. You are worth better than that. You really are. 

I loved my school sweetheart. We laughed recently about how we broke up. He said that I had liked him too much, and that he had told his college friend in 1978 he needed to find ways of getting me to hate him. There is absolutely nothing he could ever do that would make me hate him. I think that still infuriates him, even now.  And that makes me laugh. 

In 1978, three weeks after we broke up, I started to date another boy, who was a little older, but in the same year at college as my first love. I see him often - from a distance. He performs at my local theatre twice a year. He is married - to a man now - and is very happy. He hated me. Because I was still in love with my first love when we dated - it was too soon for me to be dating again. But I am very happy he has found his true love. 

I will never understand what goes on in a man's head really. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm not getting enough sleep, and when I do sleep, I'm having freaky dreams. 

Ahh sleep.  I barely remember the days when I slept wonderfully every night.  Though the estrogen/progesterone cream does appear to be helping a lot.  I can now at least get a solid 3-4 hours before my first wake-up.  

And all of my dreams, all of them that I remember anyway, for the last week or two have been 100% about SL.  I'm not dreaming about work, home, family, or any other crap right now.  I'm not sure if that is good, bad or indifferent.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And all of my dreams, all of them that I remember anyway, for the last week or two have been 100% about SL.  I'm not dreaming about work, home, family, or any other crap right now.  I'm not sure if that is good, bad or indifferent.

That made me chuckle. And I'll weigh in that dreaming about SL vs RL is probably good, if it is shopping, exploring, flying, various fun activities (depending upon your idea of fun). Maybe not if it is crashing, random "Wanna SLex?" IMs, etc. Still beats what is going on in RL though, imho. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

And I'll weigh in that dreaming about SL vs RL is probably good, if it is shopping, exploring, flying, various fun activities (depending upon your idea of fun). Maybe not if it is crashing, random "Wanna SLex?" IMs, etc. Still beats what is going on in RL though, imho. 

Yes, dreaming about SL rather than RL, especially current RL stuff, is probably better.  I am dreaming about good SL stuff.  I just find it a bit odd since normally my dreams about about Sl and RL stuff, sometimes even the two inter-mixed.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

That Chuck Wendig guy is great, isn't he?

He writes good fiction. He also, on occasion hosts writing "challenges" for followers of his blog. I've participated in a few.  His latest book is/was a best-seller. 

I was going to read his latest best-seller buuuuuuut I might hold off on it since it is set during a pandemic. It's "Wanderers" btw. Also check his site, he does occasionally offer free ebooks, and he may have some up right now to help folks while away the time.

• Like 2

The snippet below is just in from the Washington Post. It is and is not surprising to read. What boggles my mind is that it is ONLY 50%. I wanna know who that other 50% are who aren't worried or affected mentally! Frankly, I think that is rather suspect. Either that group lied or it is the 50% that still thinks isolation is only for old folks and/or liberals. Ot that the economy isn't tanking. Or people aren't in dire straits. Or... wtf?

image.thumb.png.86094252bff7cdc1fa8eb9542b2ef333.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I don't know where else to post this, so I'll put it here. It is relevant because I think it addresses how many of us are feeling right now. I can't copy and paste it because of the adult language it contains, which is just part of author Chuck Wendig's thing. I hope y'all read it because it is a terrific read about giving ourselves a break and understanding that it just is freaking hard to be "normal" when everything is so not normal. http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2020/04/02/none-of-this-is-normal/

Namaste folks.

Thank you. I needed that. The swearing needed some c4nts though. 

I have a friend who is currently going totally insane and I haven't got a butterfly net big enough to catch him. So I am resorting to poison darts. 

That's how I am feeling today. 

A female British comedienne - Kathy Burke - tweeted something the other day about finding herself in the kitchen randomly laughing hysterically. Yep, been there and done that also.

Isn't insanity grand?! More contagious than COVID-19 but caused by that f4cking virus - who, how, WTF has this happened?!?! I am so foncused. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

But it isn't.

Sigh.

TS calm.gif

Your honesty and openness helps me a lot. I need you here. 

This f4cking pandemic is beyond acceptable. For all of us.

And when it's over and everyone has finished hugging each other it will be back to trying to find ways of avoiding everyone again.

Let it out, Seicher, any anger, you're normal and fab and have a lot more than the average person on your plate. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
too much RL

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've highlighted the important qualification. The dental office I use closed their doors to non-emergency traffic a full week before my family practice clinic did the same, reasoning that they were more at risk of spreading the virus by nature of the routine work they do. Both closures preceded our state's "shelter-in-place" order.

Had the closing dates been reversed, or either of them delayed until mandated, I'd probably take issue, as has Seicher.

If this pandemic goes on for any length of time, can you imagine the state of us, with our DIY haircuts and dental work? Heck !!

Miserable is how I am feeling. I went into my Kitchen , opened the Freezer to get out a frozen pizza to make for dinner and suddenly I just stood there staring in at the two in there when my daughter asked me, Mom, which one should we have? I don't know what came over me but tears started falling down my face and she asked me what was wrong, I couldn't even talk I was crying so hard, I am just feeling so overwhelmed right now, I am worried about everything. My Mom is so far away from me and I can't get there to help her. My youngest son moved out last November and  lost his job over this and I worry how he will pay for food, his rent. I  am on the edge of totally falling apart, I wanted to walk out my front door and just keep going 😞

• Sad 8

38 minutes ago, Saraya Starr said:

Miserable is how I am feeling. I went into my Kitchen , opened the Freezer to get out a frozen pizza to make for dinner and suddenly I just stood there staring in at the two in there when my daughter asked me, Mom, which one should we have? I don't know what came over me but tears started falling down my face and she asked me what was wrong, I couldn't even talk I was crying so hard, I am just feeling so overwhelmed right now, I am worried about everything. My Mom is so far away from me and I can't get there to help her. My youngest son moved out last November and  lost his job over this and I worry how he will pay for food, his rent. I  am on the edge of totally falling apart, I wanted to walk out my front door and just keep going 😞

What came over you, Saraya, is that you are a human being, trying to remain strong for your kids in the face of extreme adversity. Your emotions are absolutely perfectly normal right now, tears are a release of the tension that's been building. It is happening to a heck of a lot of people right now. Tomorrow or the next day you'll find  yourself in the exact same spot but laughing hysterically for no apparent reason. Again, it is a release of tension. We just don't know how long we're going to have to live like this. 

But. It. Will. Get. Better. 

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.