🎄 Seasonal Content and Decoration Guidelines 🎃

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

BTW, last Friday in Belli chat, there was a conversation about Christmas decor.  While joking around, Patch posted the source of the many Griswold references to a nuclear Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXaw70X7wb4

And a sneak peak at his own LH Christmas decor:

https://gyazo.com/1d7ffbccb3ec8b1f4acefa1ed60c38c9

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

well i am still seeing a bunch of halloween decor around, but i can also see a) life can easily get in the way of logging in for a couple of weeks and b) not every Bellisseria resident hangs around the forums or is a member of the groups, so you can't expect them to know that their ghosts should have been exorcised by now.

(i'd rather see christmas decorations in november than halloween ones, but that's just my personal taste.)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2019 at 12:56 PM, usagihara said:

well i am still seeing a bunch of halloween decor around, but i can also see a) life can easily get in the way of logging in for a couple of weeks and b) not every Bellisseria resident hangs around the forums or is a member of the groups, so you can't expect them to know that their ghosts should have been exorcised by now.

(i'd rather see christmas decorations in november than halloween ones, but that's just my personal taste.)

Or as one of my friends do and hang seasonally appropriate decorations on a Christmas tree that stays up all year to cover all her bases - I've never forgotten (and think I've been scarred by) her burned dolls and doll parts she hung on it one year for Halloween. Effective but creepy as hell. 

I know none of this is allowed in Bellisseria with these rules and guidelines but that's proof that some people just don't take their decorations down all year round in real life, with  my friend being just one of them.

37 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Or as one of my friends do and hang seasonally appropriate decorations on a Christmas tree that stays up all year to cover all her bases - I've never forgotten (and think I've been scarred by) her burned dolls and doll parts she hung on it one year for Halloween. Effective but creepy as hell. 

I know none of this is allowed in Bellisseria with these rules and guidelines but that's proof that some people just don't take their decorations down all year round in real life, with  my friend being just one of them.

Can have it inside all year around.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I started unpacking my Christmas decorations in SL today, and put up a Christmas Tree inside. I would guess that doesn't violate the guidelines.I'll wait to do outside decorating till Nov 25th.

You can keep Christmas decorations up year round inside and wouldn't be violating any guidelines.  The guidelines only apply to the outdoors.

• Thanks 1

Just came across a houseboat that to my taste overdid it by far!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lake Breeze/115/230/22

image.thumb.jpeg.8e18f97808ca18ad645af116cf2c8f3f.jpeg

If one wants lots of snow why not empty the home, make a skybox in 2002 m height the full sice of the plot and a winterwonderland with all your prims THERE for the season?

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

OMG! 😮  That's definitely a lot more than the allowed "light dusting of snow" mentioned in the covenant.
Maybe the parcel owner has not read the updated Bellisseria covenant?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lake Breeze/115/230/22

If one wants lots of snow why not empty the home, make a skybox in 2002 m height the full sice of the plot and a winterwonderland with all your prims THERE for the season?

Use an alt, so that you don't get any blowback and send them a notecard showing the new rules. If it hasn't changed after a day or two, AR it.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it would appear that there's a number of people who either aren't aware the covenant has changed, or as already said, simply don't care. I've counted now roughly about 20 parcels where the entire ground surface was all white. None of these places look good, they look so out of place. 

One thing I would like to see is for the admins in the two big Bellisseria community groups to put the current covenant in a no-mod notecard, and send it out in a notice. This way most Belli citizens will be aware of what the rules are.

To add to that (and sorry I don't want to give LL or the Moles more work, but...) it would be nice if in the Campwich Forest Lodge, there was some LL item you could click on, that either handed you out the same notecard, or opened a link to the LL website somewhere so you could read the covenant. 

Having said that, I have seen a few places decked out in a winter Christmas theme, that actually look very nice and not really out of place at all, so it is possible ;)

Edited by Eowyn Southmoor
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would not be surprised if there are a number of Bellisseria residents who are not at all aware of the covenant changes regarding seasonal decorations.  Not all Bellisseria residents read the forum or belong to any of the community groups (though I do think having the 2 largest groups send out a notice is a good idea).   I would not expect that people would be going into "About Land" and reading the covenant after initially reading it when they moved in (if even then). 

I wouldn't immediately assume that someone just doesn't care, but give them the benefit of the doubt that they just didn't know.  Send them a polite NC about the change and suggest that they check the covenant in "About Land" for the specifics.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Use an alt, so that you don't get any blowback and send them a notecard showing the new rules. If it hasn't changed after a day or two, AR it.

I do not feel that it is my business. My alt grabbed the boat next to him but abandoned it 5 minutes later.

Let the new neighbours see to that ... or endure it!

I just wanted to show an example to what extremes some people drive their "freedom" ;)

• Like 1

I found the sending all my snow based stuff into the sky whilst still retaining a Belli home the ultimate solution to this. It is quite good to have a skybox to escape to at anytime of the year! 

I have seen some fabulous snow parcels over the last few weeks but yes, sadly, breaking the rules by not being in theme. And everyone decorates feeling that they can show their flair for winter to the world but the reality is it is probably only yourself that benefits from / admires it. So the fact only you or your friends see it does seem to make a skybox or platform the solution. 

UNLESS all of these homes that are overly winter decorated are owned by Moles in disguise who are actually prepared for the great surprise which will be Belli waking up to 6ft of snow continent wide 

Edited by Chloe Dolores
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

UNLESS all of these homes that are overly winter decorated are owned by Moles in disguise who are actually prepared for the great surprise which will be Belli waking up to 6ft of snow continent wide 

I don't even want to know how much work and how long that would take to accomplish. 😊

I think a lot of the problem is people aren't aware of the covenant or guidelines that have been verified here in the forums. While taking a walk yesterday with my daughter, I saw a house with knee deep snow in their yard along with ostentatious decorations. I think I may send them an informational note card of where to find proper information of what is allowed.

I know I would want others to be kind enough to do this for me if I wasn't aware of some rule I was breaking.

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.