๐ŸŽ„ Seasonal Content and Decoration Guidelines ๐ŸŽƒ

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

FILTER.pngAAA_001.thumb.png.17cdab39dc1e4a801e71522679895e75.png

Easy fix to the i want snow problem ,,,

On a primย  put on outside of the windows . (ย  NOTE ย ย  THE PRIM WILL GO RIGHT ON TO THE OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOW OR SIDE OF THE HOUSE CAMPER BOAT)ย  The side facing the outside. neighbors ,outdoors makeย  that side transparent / The other side of the primย  facing interior i used a frost texture w alpha ! ย  With theย  prim with the texture facing the the inside ofย  the windowsย  looks like the trees out side have snowย  !!!!! ย  But when i go out side same landscape without any changes no snow . you can adjust the texture to fit the windows ,,,, btw this is an add on i made for personal use for the camper. You can also use a single primย  for just a few windows ,,,, other trick is get a prim hollow itย  outside transparent inside again snow frost testure and make it big to cover the house boat camper ย  make it phantomย  only one prim no one is botherd by the frost snowย  from the outside and inside ,,, enjoy ,,, i am loving my frosty inside windowsย  !!ย 

ย 

Edited by roseelvira
keyboard problems
  • Like 7

I decided to give a light dusting of snow a test so ran over to DDD to check on that snow. I got it but it's not really what I wanted but I did find something else that I think will work rather well once Thanksgiving is over and it's time to see about making it snow on my little parcel. This snow dust, part of the Snow Piles package, from DDD works perfectly I think. Oh and the bushes are from Botanical. I did make the heavy snow blanket completely transparent as that was just way too much snow. What was left after alphaing the blanket was a nice dusting.ย 

55462683_snowtest_001.thumb.jpg.caabf1e5111294d21eff072e5a5a88c1.jpg

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I made these for LL Home Windowseses and totally neighborly-friendly, no "gouche' ย @Abnor Moleย once put it. Single-sided mesh slate, impossible to texture one side, so neighborly-friendly, whether you like it or not! LOL

Winter_Windows_02.jpg?1574630626

Yeah, it's getting cold outside. Except for people who live in the desert, like @Patch Lindenย and the Desert Southwest of the U.S. ~snorts~

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

/me sends Alyona a ticket to the not-at-all desert-like place where Patch & team live.ย  (it's not even a food desert, unless you get stuck in the airport).

And a big set of loppers for the kudzu.

I am in Washington Sate (SL time zone) and wake up at 3:45 AM. And sometimes I see a Patch Post within minutes of that and I was thinking whoa, another super early-bird like me! If @Patch Lindenย lives across"the pond" my entire bubble is going to be boo-hoo-burst, because I'll feel like the awkward time-zone weirdo all over again. :P

Just... LIE to me, Patch. Just lie. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I am in Washington Sate (SL time zone) and wake up at 3:45 AM. And sometimes I see a Patch Post within minutes of that and I was thinking whoa, another super early-bird like me! If @Patch Lindenย lives across"the pond" my entire bubble is going to be boo-hoo-burst, because I'll feel like the awkward time-zone weirdo all over again. :P

Just... LIE to me, Patch. Just lie. LOL

Iirc Patch is in(or at least near) Atlanta, Georgia.

17 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I made these for LL Home Windowseses and totally neighborly-friendly, no "gouche' a @Abnor Moleย once put it. Single-sided mesh slate, impossible to texture one side, so neighborly-friendly, whether you like it or not! LOL

Winter_Windows_02.jpg?1574630626

Yeah, it's getting cold outside. Except for people who live in the desert, like @Patch Lindenย and the Desert Southwest of the U.S. ~snorts~

Is that available somewhere? I found your MP shop but it is empty.

35 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Is that available somewhere? I found your MP shop but it is empty.

My "seller alt": Alyona Chernov. :)ย @Dakota Lindenย would totally plonk me if I dropped a link here. LOL

OH!ย I should also add that I will update the kit with background plates of the new theme one it is revealed, so have those redelivery trigger-fingers at the ready. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2019 at 7:39 PM, Marianne Little said:

I have not even decided what Christmas decor I am going to have. I am looking for super low Li lights. Like the ones we got in our content pack, but lower Li. I must pull out everything I have and see what's the lowest.

I found some nice lights and bits and pieces at this Christmas market, all very reasonable prices fairly low LI if anyone is looking for stuff:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dark Spirit/128/186/35

I think I want the Clark Griswold Christmas home look. Making a mesh "shell" and use a transparent texture with small twinkle lights?

Much lower li than wrapping the gable, under the roof and horisontal belt the whole way around with full 3D mesh light strings. They are tough on the Li budget, so... Desperate ideas is born when it's not enough Li.

I wonder how it will look....

At least a belt around with hanging "icicle" texture.

I am seriously thinking to try.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Anyone else play with the lights yet? I get this when I click them to "snap" into place:

2096528663_xmaslights.thumb.jpg.90acbc5e06bcc7c2d43f96bcf1ad399d.jpg

I've tried all 3 versions, deleted and tried again, same results.

The snow for on top is an entire blanket of snow and 31 li =@.@=

Well, I tried the Traditional lights for Winchester on 2 different parcels in 2 different regions. In one, they snapped in place. In the other, I had to manually edit them in place. Dunno why. I thought the one region had script issues.

Today i discovered the Winter lights and the snow roof in the newly updated Content pack - lots of prims to put out but it looks lovely! Thanks for those add-ons to Patch and LL! BUT, i felt like decorating for winter now and put out some snow pads, along with iced trees and bushes. Now i am unsure if i over did it or if its ok to do - also if its too early ( it is now about 4 weeks to go till Christmas).

Overdid i? Or it's maybe still to early?

The winter lights snapped perfectly in place at my Alderley after i put them nearly in place already.

front-snowy.png

backyard-snowy.png

• Like 10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.