๐ŸŽ„ Seasonal Content and Decoration Guidelines ๐ŸŽƒ

Patch Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, TerezaBaptista said:

Yeah ... I'll have to open a ticket. My front neighbor has the Winter lights and I don't even get my updated package.ย ๐Ÿคจ

I know this doesn't help your immediate issue but in the instructions for the lights the notecard says to rez the set closer to your residence than your neighbours' , I am assuming that this means the lights will attach to the nearest house/boat/etc that matches the type it will snap to. If you know your neighbours and you live close enough to each other you may be able to test it while you are waiting for a response to your ticket?

Edited by Evarne

• Moles
45 minutes ago, Evarne said:

I know this doesn't help your immediate issue but in the instructions for the lights the notecard says to rez the set closer to your residence than your neighbours' , I am assuming that this means the lights will attach to the nearest house/boat/etc that matches the type it will snap to. If you know your neighbours and you live close enough to each other you may be able to test it while you are waiting for a response to your ticket?

That's good advice, but it's not likely to be much of a problem.ย  You can only rez objects on your own land, so it's very unlikely that your neighbor's house will be closer than your own when you rez the lights.ย  You should of course check to be sure that you are rezzing lights that are designed for your own style of home. Even if you accidentally rezย lights that were designed for your neighbor's house, though, they will not snap to that house if your neighbor has UNchecked the box in World > About Land > Options that allows Object Entry for everyone.

For your immediate issue, however, Zoya's advice is the best.ย  Submit a support case to ask someone to see why your house controller isn't giving you the content package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just shave 11ย LI off my set of Winter Premium Gift Lights (from 52 down to 41) by changing its physic type to none after linking a cube of physics type convex hull to it as root.ย  Was hoping for more of a LI savings but it'll due for a month and save me from buying or making light strings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I wish I could find a low Li decor car with a Christmas tree tied on top of it. Like I came home after buying it.

I have a 5 Li red pickup truck with a tree, but that looks so very farmhouse style.

I saw a 33 Li car in one event now, was it Fameshed or other. But I can't use 33 Li. Wish I could find a more urban, low Li car with a tree on it.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 12:57 PM, Marianne Little said:

I wish I could find a low Li decor car with a Christmas tree tied on top of it. Like I came home after buying it.

@Marianne Little Here are two I just found on MP, not sure of the LI on them ...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=โœ“&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=Winter+Wagons+-+Die+Cast+Car

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BB-Im-Driving-Home-for-Christmas-Rideable/18536864

But I may have to checkout that wagon, it would look great on my sim ....

3 minutes ago, Dick Spad said:

I saw some of them, but thought they were small decor. I can check them again.

Here is the nice truck I have. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OBD-MY-OLD-RED-TRUCK-TREE-FARM/13357182

Edited by Marianne Little

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I saw some of them, but thought they were small decor. I can check them again.

Yeah I saw that truck .. have it on my fave list, but after looking on the mp page closer I think you are right about the "Winter Wagons" they are small decor .

This is the truck-with-tree I got in my front yard as a decoration.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/NOW-BACK-The-Holiday-Rockwell-Truck-Limited-Edition/8219154

Very happy with what I got though I had to download/edit/upload the texture to get rid of the snow.ย  It looks great with the snow on it, I just don't feel like adding snow to the rest of my house and lot so that the truck doesn't look comically out of place.ย  Once I figured out how to easily edit it I ended up with a backyard packed with about a half dozen trucks of various colors like some vehicle hoarder.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know where to put this, but with today's pic Patch draws our attention to another Christmas/ACS event.ย  His description:

ย 

I am delighted that I have again been invited to live narrate the Candlelight Processional with

choral and orchestra music on December 12th and 19th at 4:30pm SLT. Come watch as I tell the story!

ย 

This reinforces my initial impression that the previous day's Let it Snow picture was simply drawing attention to the LH Auction for ACS, not an elaborate hint to home hunters :)

49209520928_5f93fc8250_c.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to experience second life from a USA timezone perspective. Did anyone go to this event?

Honestly, the typical USA person is at work during many LL events of this type -- things like their annual Halloween Crawl, the annual Snowball Fight and the various inworld LL meetings.ย  This one is actually the exception with it occurring towards the end of the LL day, though for many of us in the US that are not in LL timezone, it meant dinner time.ย ย 

ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to experience second life from a USA timezone perspective. Did anyone go to this event?

We've added an additional time, December 23rd at Noon SLT.ย  Hope to see you there!ย ย 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

If you decorate for winter holidays, when do you traditionally take your decor down? Covenant requires it to be gone 15 days after the holiday so thatโ€™s January 9th for Christmas decor but many people are superstitious and take it down earlier.

• before New Yearโ€™s Day, believing bad Luck will fall on those with last yearโ€™s decor still up when the New Year dawns.
  • January 5 or 6,ย 12th Night or Epiphany. Celebrating the 12 days of Christmas after Advent and Christmas Day maximizes the holiday festival time.ย 

In the past it was believed that tree-spirits lived in the greenery โ€“ such as holly and ivy โ€“ that people used to decorate their homes. Whilst the festive season provided shelter for these spirits during the winter, they needed to be released outside once Christmas was over.

If this custom wasnโ€™t followed, greenery would not return and vegetation would not grow as a result, causing agricultural problems.

2020 Chinese New Year celebrations areย January 25th- February 8th.ย 

B9F6E1BF-496E-4B16-9C37-C8E78A73899C.jpeg

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

If you decorate for winter holidays, when do you traditionally take your decor down? Covenant requires it to be gone 15 days after the holiday so thatโ€™s January 9th for Christmas decor but many people are superstitious and take it down earlier.

Pretty much everywhere I've lived in the US, the Christmas decorations come down usually no later than the first weekend of the new year, though sometimes it will be a bit longer if the weather is bad.

For my Linden Home plots, I will pick up my Christmas themed stuff shortly after the new year, but my general 'very light' wintery stuff will stay out a while longer.

20 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

In one half of the world

In SL. ๐Ÿฆ‹Iย think LL has always run the seasonal events in SL by โ€˜Northern Hemisphere seasonsโ€™ except for the Snowlands? So when we say time X, itโ€™s in-game time or SLT, and season X is in-game season?ย 

20 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

In SL. ๐Ÿฆ‹Iย think LL has always run the seasonal events in SL by โ€˜Northern Hemisphere seasonsโ€™ except for the Snowlands? So when we say time X, itโ€™s in-game time or SLT, and season X is in-game season?ย 

Sure, in which case we go by Patch's post (which I haven't dug out)ย  that gives guidelines of when to get rid of all the stuff after the holidays

3 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Sure, in which case we go by Patch's post (which I haven't dug out)ย  that gives guidelines of when to get rid of all the stuff after the holidays

His post is at the top of this thread. This is the first time I immediately took down my Christmas decorations in SL.ย This is one of those rareย years where there was no snow in RL where I live in Michigan. I still have my decorations at home up and will probably take them down before the New Year. The guidelines Patch gave was no more than 30 days before a holiday. Decorationsย would need to come down 15 days after the holiday.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.