10/27/2019 12:02 SLT: Trouble logging in?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Concurrency is dropping, as one might expect, but only quite slowly, so it would seem that people aren't actually being booted off the grid.

Interesting onservation there. After five hours the concurrency is still almost 30,000. If it really is the case that nobody is able to log on, it must mean that the vast majority of active SL accounts stay logged on for hours and hours at a time. What conclusion can we draw from that?

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

Interesting onservation there. After five hours the concurrency is still almost 30,000. If it really is the case that nobody is able to log on, it must mean that the vast majority of active SL accounts stay logged on for hours and hours at a time. What conclusion can we draw from that?

Lots of people never actually log out, they just relog and leave their avatars parked while sleeping, eating, and... well... you know. ;)

Some people just leave their pcs running 24/7. :S

8 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

This is incorrect. Please refer to previous pages of this post for the much lower figures it fell to—at least as low as 23,000 at one point. So it dropped by nearly half, from a high of 43,000 when I first could not log back in when attempting a relog around 11:30a SLT this morning.

8 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I logged in at 10:16 SLT and saw there were problems so just stayed at home. So maybe others did the same. The ones that dropped off were people maybe trying to relog not knowing the reason for problems with inventory/rezzing/teleporting etc.

21 minutes ago, Nextio said:

Ok, i've been patient long enough.  I could understand an hour or two, but we're going on 5+ hours now.  This is beyond ridiculous.

You obviously were not around more than a decade ago.  Back then, it wasn't uncommon to have outages that lasted many hours, and occasionally it was a few days.

LL's been doing such a good job of not having extended outages that some apparently cannot figure out how to manage without their SL fix.

• Like 6

I've been logged in since 9:00 am SLT or so.  Unless I'm actually leaving my RL house, I don't bother logging out on weekends until nighttime, regardless of how often I go AFK.

I could not log my alt on, the few times I tried.  I haven't had very many inworld issues though -- some things attaching a bit slow, some vendors responding a little slow.  Otherwise, all is good.

At least today I'm not getting those irritating "Cannot create requested inventory" messages when I unpack things.

"Grandma, Grandma! Tell us again how you survived the Great Outage of 2019!"

"I did my nails, child. I pondered my life and fashion choices. And I prayed to the Good Lord above that my children and grandchildren would live in a world without fear of grid crashes."

• Haha 9

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow - a bit over 8 hrs.  One of the longer ones in the past many years.

yes, but it wasn't down in total, the web was available, and also a, limited, log in, otherwise the count wouldn't have be stuck around +30k .
Also see my post earlier.. could log in again at the first page of this thread :)

10 hours ago, April Linden said:

I'm in the Bay Area and have been having to deal with blackouts all week. As much as I wanna blame PG&E for what's going on, it's not their fault... for this one specific thing. :)

I hope you and the rest of the team are safe.

🤗

8 hours ago, Rickenstien said:

Paid for premium upgrade yesterday... cant log in today. Nice upgrade lol, can I get a refund LL?

Tens of thousands of people are losing their homes and their livelihoods, and you are worried about a $99 refund?

Words fail me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rickenstien said:

Paid for premium upgrade yesterday... cant log in today. Nice upgrade lol, can I get a refund LL?

They'll get right on that. Let's see - $99.00 for the year, and an 8 hour outage - that's giving me 9 cents they owe you. Add on the transaction fee and you now owe the Lab an extra $1.40.

(I'm temporarily ignoring the fact that you were flipping Linden Homes a few months ago, meaning that you've been Premium for some time.)

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.