Eric Castanea

10/27/2019 12:02 SLT: Trouble logging in?

3 minutes ago, April Linden said:

I'm in the Bay Area and have been having to deal with blackouts all week. As much as I wanna blame PG&E for what's going on, it's not their fault... for this one specific thing. :)

No rush no rush. My nails aren't dry yet anyway.

• Haha 5

Thanks to the Lindens who thought this was their day off, but  are having to scramble to fix this instead. Hope it goes quickly and you can salvage some of what's left of your weekend!

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, April Linden said:

I'm in the Bay Area and have been having to deal with blackouts all week. As much as I wanna blame PG&E for what's going on, it's not their fault... for this one specific thing. :)

It was the janitor, right?  Get the Shrek ears ready.  ;)

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I managed to log in about an hour and a half ago (I think I just slipped in at the last moment) but my alt can;t get in - and neither can the DJ for my club's Halloween party. Nor can any of our guests. 

It feels kind of apocalyptic - population down by half, events cancelled everywhere, no-one dares leave home. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

And tomarrow is Monday and we all know what happens on a Monday ,,,,, So please all working to fix this    take a deep breath ,,, do not stress ,,, just relax  ,,, It will be ok        And  thank you for taking care of the issues on a weekend and you are  all so   greatly  appreciated  . Sending tons of hugs  hugs hugs    wish i could bring you guys this food and candy in person   but this will have to dogame-day-banner.thumb.jpg.8a8b18ac17d0db60ca4e6bc0c83b6109.jpgistock-522735736.thumb.jpg.b06e8db641d31534b622d6663aeb3607.jpg

Edited by roseelvira
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

mmm...actually i wouldnt mind if I could log to see my home. I'd simply be building. Well, maybe I should think about some zombie-barriers or higher fences *giggles*....mmm....damn...now i have some more ideas. thanks to apocalypse.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

As of 1:32 pm SLT it's possible to log in to Beta grid (AKA Aditi).
If somebody wants to go there to do something, it's available ... 😁

So, it appears that the login issue is only with Agni grid.

Once upon an ancient time, that is exactly what a lot of us would do but then you didn't have to jump through hoops to be able to log into Aditi, just change a dropdown in prefs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

And .... what time is it?

That explains it....  I have put all my clocks back for dST except the oven,  the microwave and that useless clock radio upstairs.  If i just go sort them out everyone will be able to log in :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, roseelvira said:

something about the time setting

I think you can safely put off worrying about that until we have a grid to log into.  If it's still saying that when the dust settles, then you can worry.

• Like 2

Update - Our engineers are still working on coming up with a fix for the issue. We don't have an ETA at this time. Thanks for hanging in there with us as we debug the grid.
Oct 27, 14:25 PDT
Identified - Our engineers have identified the cause of the current issue. They're working hard to come up with a fix. Thank your your patience while they work.
Oct 27, 13:43 PDT
Update - Our engineers are still digging into this issue. We appreciate your patience while they work.
Oct 27, 13:01 PDT
Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue.
Oct 27, 12:21 PDT
Investigating - Some Second Life services are currently experiencing an outage. During this time, some Second Life services may be unavailable including, but not limited to: logging in, teleporting, and object rezzing. Please refrain from rezzing in-world, in addition to transacting in-world, on the Marketplace, or on the Lindex during this time.
Oct 27, 11:48 PDT
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, AugustVonHelson said:

Watch out Portland and Seattle.. Lots of people in CA talking of moving north to cooler, wetter zones. We're getting tired of all the problemos!

Oregon will be requiring a passport, driver's license, birth certificate, tourist visa, work visa, a green card and you must be sponsored by a current resident who has been in residence more than 10 years. 

We don't need more problems either. :P

Besides, Portland is weirder than all of California. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

And .... what time is it?

About that time but 10 minutes later.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 4

According to CNN California is one big bonfire, flames blazing, burning movie stars running for their lives. Meanwhile Linden family sips champagne in their hot tubs telling us not to worry, we will be online shortly. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.  °☠° яσƒℓ!!!!! °☠°

Number of logged in people still going steadily down:

Grid Status: Online | In-World: 23,690 | SL Time: 2:27 pm
Grid Status: Online | In-World: 23,195 | SL Time: 2:41 pm
Grid Status: Online | In-World: 22,889 | SL Time: 2:47 pm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

22,889 X $5 per hour = $114,445 per hour. Linden family sends their love.  °☠° яσƒℓ!!!!! °☠° Muuuahhhhh!

9 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Europe is starting to log off (at least, the ones who have to get up early for work tomorrow). I've got another couple of hours inworld, then I'll be logging out, too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Katarin Kiergarten said:

Try Canada. Portland and Seattle are 1. full and 2. not a whole lot better off climate- and fire-wise. 

Redmond was nice once, then Microsoft happened.....

14 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

People are logging off cos there's nowt to do. Everything is cancelled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1