10/27/2019 12:02 SLT: Trouble logging in?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 minutes ago, AugustVonHelson said:

Bad Sunday. No SL and Trumps on TV reading his stupid prompter. Uggghhhh. I'm off to Steam and Far Cry 5.... Bye people, send the Lindens my love. Also got me a glass of Wild Turkey, so life is good w/ or without SL. Muuuuaaaaahhhhhhh!

What's worse is Force awakens was on the tv next to Trump at the gym.

Update - Our engineers are still digging away! Thank you for your patience while we work this one out.
Oct 27, 15:26 PDT
Update - We're still working on coming up with a fix for the issue to make the grid happy. Progress is being made.
Oct 27, 14:57 PDT
Update - Our engineers are still working on coming up with a fix for the issue. We don't have an ETA at this time. Thanks for hanging in there with us as we debug the grid.
Oct 27, 14:25 PDT
Identified - Our engineers have identified the cause of the current issue. They're working hard to come up with a fix. Thank your your patience while they work.
Oct 27, 13:43 PDT
Update - Our engineers are still digging into this issue. We appreciate your patience while they work.
Oct 27, 13:01 PDT
Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue.
Oct 27, 12:21 PDT
Investigating - Some Second Life services are currently experiencing an outage. During this time, some Second Life services may be unavailable including, but not limited to: logging in, teleporting, and object rezzing. Please refrain from rezzing in-world, in addition to transacting in-world, on the Marketplace, or on the Lindex during this time.
Oct 27, 11:48 PDT
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, interesting. I'm trying to do so as we speak, and I can't get in either. And yes, just saw that grip status.

I wonder if this is connected with what happened a couple of days ago?

I can't log in either....It's been 3 hours now....Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SueLynn Kayo said:

I can't log in either....It's been 3 hours now....Any help would be appreciated.

You should read this entire thread -- and check the Grid Status page.  This problem has been going on for many hours and LL is still working on it.  Nobody here can help you.

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, SueLynn Kayo said:

LL seems to be hard at work trying to fix it! Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Concurrency actually seems to be rising again, albeit very slowly. So some people are getting online.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, roseelvira said:

have some family in california    ...said lot of outages due to the fires ...  depending  on where   .... so   praying  and  hoping everyone out there ok 

Yes I can smell smoke outside. The area north of Santa Rosa - roughly a hour north of San Francisco - 30,000 acre wildfire. If it jumps the 101 freeway it will hit an area that hasn't had a fire since the 1940s and that will likely burn much worse.

That is roughly 90 minutes to 2 hours north of me. I can see a haze on the bay - and at this time of day that isn't fog, and we've not had smog like that since I was a child in the 70s. Though if Trump has his way such smog will come back... I'm presuming it's smoke coming with the winds from up north. Seems windy outside, but weather tells me that it's only 20-21mph winds.

I've got Tesla solar and a powerwall battery backup - so I'll keep power even if PG&E cuts the grid here, but would probably lose internet at that point.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Concurrency actually seems to be rising again, albeit very slowly. Some some people are getting online.

it starts to load gets to a certain point much futher than an hour ago and logs out but little by little  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That is roughly 90 minutes to 2 hours north of me. I can see a haze on the bay

praying for you and everyone s safety. My few family  members in california they are ok ,,,,, , 

Please just keep safe ,,, hugs and prayers 

Got into SL just now. Stuff is downloading really slow so even though I'm in it looks like things aren't fully wired back.

Concurrency meter I have says 24,301 people online right now, and polls that data every 10 minutes.

But the webpage it polls the data from seems to still also say that:

http://secondlife.com/httprequest/homepage.php

• Like 1

Computer's clock is set incorrectly

The full error reads:

Unable to connect to Second Life.
Often this means that your computer's clock is set incorrectly.
Please go to Control Panels and make sure the time and date
are set correctly.

I hope the grid comes back up soon.  I'm running out of videos to watch about the successful raid the President sent against against ISIS leader al-Baghdadi.  The press release video is only 8 minutes long, but I'm glad to see some videos of the questions by the press.  I suppose that's far better news that SL coming back online, but I still want it to.  

Given the number of PG&E power cuts across northern California, it would appear that various LL assets are offline.  Go here http://critweb-outage.pgealerts.com/?WT.mc_id=Vanity_pge-outages for an interactive map.   The LL engineers are trying to piece together a working but degraded grid. Surely they have assets in areas other than California, but as SF is the world HQ, some must still be around there. Note that the grid is supported my many types of servers, all providing a specific function. Is why some things sort of work and others don't.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yes I can smell smoke outside. The area north of Santa Rosa - roughly a hour north of San Francisco - 30,000 acre wildfire. If it jumps the 101 freeway it will hit an area that hasn't had a fire since the 1940s and that will likely burn much worse.

Oh jesus! I use to live in Santa Rosa. The vineyards! 😭😱

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wendy Macpherson said:

Oh jesus! I use to live in Santa Rosa. The vineyards! 😭😱

Yeah the fire is currently in a vineyard north of Santa Rosa and headed towards Calistoga. I have family in Santa Rosa, and extended family north of there in I think Lake County.

This is the kind of thing that itself shouldn't impact SL, unless PG&E were to cut power to an internet backbone up there somewhere - but as the Lindens noted in here earlier PG&E is NOT the cause of today's issue.

For those of you who don't know this region: Santa Rosa is a big city that defines the northern edge of 'Bay Area' or the middle of the western side of wine country depending. It's NOT a tech city though. North of it... is a region who's people "look" like what you imagine a stereotype of a redneck to be, but act like hippies, and mix them with a bunch of 'reservation folk'. So replace the shotgun in the pickup with some weed and the dixie flag with a rainbow one. :P The bumper stickers say things like 'coexist' or 'PETA' or talk about veganism. Instead of hearing country out of some guy's pickup you'll hear reggae. The 'white side' of my family is up there.

It's their 'country' that has been burning down every year for the past few years.

But it's also a region that could be entirely on fire and your internet would notice even less than if Antarctica went offline.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Given the number of PG&E power cuts across northern California, it would appear that various LL assets are offline.  Go here http://critweb-outage.pgealerts.com/?WT.mc_id=Vanity_pge-outages for an interactive map.   The LL engineers are trying to piece together a working but degraded grid. Surely they have assets in areas other than California, but as SF is the world HQ, some must still be around there. Note that the grid is supported my many types of servers, all providing a specific function. Is why some things sort of work and others don't.

LL has servers outside of California as well but they can't cram all of SL on them. The servers they already have, have more than enough crammed on them as it is.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.