10/27/2019 12:02 SLT: Trouble logging in?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Given the number of PG&E power cuts across northern California, it would appear that various LL assets are offline.  Go here http://critweb-outage.pgealerts.com/?WT.mc_id=Vanity_pge-outages for an interactive map.   The LL engineers are trying to piece together a working but degraded grid. Surely they have assets in areas other than California, but as SF is the world HQ, some must still be around there. Note that the grid is supported my many types of servers, all providing a specific function. Is why some things sort of work and others don't.

Unless all of this is from a definitive LL source it should be framed as speculation. 🙂 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah the fire is currently in a vineyard north of Santa Rosa and headed towards Calistoga. I have family in Santa Rosa, and extended family north of there in I think Lake County.

Oh, lord, that is in the area I use to live too. O.O Welp, I guess the old house is gone by this point. Crud.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hurray, I managed to log into SL!  That's good, because I watched the Presidents' press conference about the successful raid against the leader of ISIS, like, four times.  At least there's some good news out there for a change.  And now SL is back!  So...two good things!  What a good Sunday evening!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So I just watched a video of the fire right alongside the '24' freeway that connects Oakland with the cities behind it over the hill - the fire is coming right up to the curb and while the video was going a flaming piece of cardboard flew at the car of the person filming.

Also saw a picture that looks like the ' Carquinez bridge' with the land around the base of one side on fire - and smoke blacking out the bridge.

That bridge connects the north and east bay - essentially between 'just north of' Oakland and 'just south of' Napa.

screen-shot-2019-10-27-at-1.53.59%20PM.p

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Sad 3

48 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Given the number of PG&E power cuts across northern California, it would appear that various LL assets are offline.  Go here http://critweb-outage.pgealerts.com/?WT.mc_id=Vanity_pge-outages for an interactive map.   The LL engineers are trying to piece together a working but degraded grid. Surely they have assets in areas other than California, but as SF is the world HQ, some must still be around there. Note that the grid is supported my many types of servers, all providing a specific function. Is why some things sort of work and others don't.

The SL servers (that aren't off somewhere in the web like CDS) are in a facility in Arizona. That facility is aging & needs to be replaced, which is why LL is trying so hard to move to the cloud. It's cheaper than building a new facility.

Guess this can happen and yeah....some have to log out to get up early. Well, hopefully LL can handle it quickly. Will just have a look tomorrow. Sorry for all clubs and events that have been cancelled. Very annoying I can assume. Perhaps we can have some fresh start soon when the issue has been fixed. I will be resting now. One positive thing is I got to know this forum a little better. Maybe I’ll have some closer look at it. 

Read all the posts, thought I'd throw caution to the wind and tried to log in. Nada. Never mind. Not being able to log in is a minor inconvenience. Considering we're well versed in bush fires here Down Under my thoughts and concerns lay with the real more so than the virtual. Stay safe, peeps!  

/me sighs as she gives up procrastinating and returns to the never-ending battle that is house work. #firstworldproblems 😐

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Katt Dragoone said:

There's some problems with their servers. I was able to log in an alt but not my main lol

Seven hours is a long time for the grid to be down. It must be something serious. I hope they have one of those blogs with a nerdy explanation of it.

UPDATE: And it seems they plan one: https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Edited by Prokofy Neva

4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I can only hope the Kincaid fire has not burned all the way into Linden street.

They are turning off the power in areas further out...in the Bay area...

If it was a simple matter of a fire or power outage, they would have said that. But read the updates, it's about the software. Engineers have "found the problem" -- and it wasn't lack of electricity.

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/

It's always about the software.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.