Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 89 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:56 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Thanks! The roadway is actually up on that hill in back, so I'm hoping no one goes around the curve too quickly and lands in my living room! lol

Yes, it is a walkway that follow the coast line. I love that. I got a Rocky Height on the release day, but abandoned it because it was up in the forest.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, it is a walkway that follow the coast line. I love that. I got a Rocky Height on the release day, but abandoned it because it was up in the forest.

At that time, the region I really wanted was Hammond Park, but Rocky Heights went first. On release day, I actually did get one in Rocky Heights, but like yours, it was far from the coast. In fact, mine was right at the border with Hammond Park, so I could always see what I wanted but could not have! lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SelfAdmitted said:

I'd like to thank the person who abandoned their plot on  Maimonides.

My alt gave up a great place on Overbite, years (SL ones) ago, to go for a Victorian, which I've regretted since then.

I never found my perfect cabin either, they would have a bad view directly  into a  neighbours house, or the trail, or just didn't have that cabin vibe I wanted.

The parcel on Maimonides is secluded, has trees, rocks, and is quiet. So thank you to the person who gave it up today.

Maimonides Traditional.jpg

My alt gave that up yesterday - or the day before maybe.  That was the one that @Sylvia Tamalyn and I actually managed to do a coordinated hand-off on. However, I found that I pretty much never spent any time there and after having it for over 2 months, I had barely done any decorating or landscaping.  In order to get that one, I had bumped an alt to Premium, via Quarterly payment which was due to renew next week.  So after agonizing over it for a few days, I finally came to the conclusion that I wasn't sure when I'd be back in the mood for setting up a Traditional.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That is such a good parcel! I'm glad that people who can appreciate it keep getting it. :) 

I truly LOVED that location and spent lots of hours in conversation with myself before finally letting it go.  

Of course, when I finally decide I want to play with a Traditional again. It will take me FOREVER to get a plot that I really like.

• Like 6

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I truly LOVED that location and spent lots of hours in conversation with myself before finally letting it go.  

Of course, when I finally decide I want to play with a Traditional again. It will take me FOREVER to get a plot that I really like.

I think you made the right decision. I have given up some really excellent parcels over the past year because it turned out that they just didn't "click" for me, for whatever reason. If I find myself not interested enough to decorate after a reasonable amount of time, then the parcel needs to be handed back. I find that the real "keepers" inspire me to start decorating almost immediately! 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

At that time, the region I really wanted was Hammond Park, but Rocky Heights went first. On release day, I actually did get one in Rocky Heights, but like yours, it was far from the coast.

I lurked for Rocky Heights for ages!  But they released Well Springs first.  I got two parcels there, and I never thought they'd release another the same day.  While I was messing about deciding whether to keep any Well Springs, they released Rocky Heights and I missed it completely!  I was much chagrined, but then when I really SAW the parcel we got in Well Springs, I was amazed at its fabulousness, and walked out to the corner (where for some reason Patch was standing) and thanked him in person, lol.

Sometimes the world knows what you want better than you do!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I lurked for Rocky Heights for ages!  But they released Well Springs first.  I got two parcels there, and I never thought they'd release another the same day.  While I was messing about deciding whether to keep any Well Springs, they released Rocky Heights and I missed it completely!  I was much chagrined, but then when I really SAW the parcel we got in Well Springs, I was amazed at its fabulousness, and walked out to the corner (where for some reason Patch was standing) and thanked him in person, lol.

Sometimes the world knows what you want better than you do!

I totally relate to this...

This was my feeling last month when i landed my home in Limevale.  It was not on my radar of homes that I wanted.  Usually im not a fan of having a road between my home and the water, but for this house it just really worked for me.  Now that i have lived at it for a month, most of the homes i thought i wanted i no longer want.  Limevale is near perfection for my taste.

• Like 9

Two weekends ago, my alt sister plucked out a houseboat. So far, a houseboat just hasn't worked for me. The site was off, the neighborhood was crowded, and the views just weren't pretty. Now way off in Pier Pressure, we lucked into a square mooring on the end of a tiny grouping of houseboats facing open water and a few boats across the bay.  Well, I went back and looked over the notes from the forum for houseboat decorating. Pulled out all my "what next" and went shopping - especially for a new boat, the Bandit 170 at uber. I've driven over the water from Pier Pressure all the way to Gingham Point and Tilting Meadows. Thank you to whomever dropped this house boat back into the pool!

128261074_EmilyEleanorPierPressure_015.thumb.png.9079da61af84e4214b11e37b5d5cb1bf.png

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

That one is perfection. It's the winning house in the house lottery! CONGRATS!

10 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Congratulations @Chloe Dolores. I had the blue Victorian in the picture for a while, and the it was a stunning region, with a great ocena view. Enjoy!

Certainly everything a Victorian could offer but I am more endeared to log home landscaping especially for the Halloween and Christmas decorating season so we shall see the fun is in experimenting ...

• Like 6

I'm seeing some good abandons in the log homes this morning. My alt caught a house next to a river and bridge in Parsons Corner, and then a house next to the river in Handover. I put them both back, as it happens, but they were good locations, so GOH is a bit slow now but still fun. :) 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm seeing some good abandons in the log homes this morning. My alt caught a house next to a river and bridge in Parsons Corner, and then a house next to the river in Handover. I put them both back, as it happens, but they were good locations, so GOH is a bit slow now but still fun. :) 

I picked up a lovely Victorian in Beauregard earlier, pond on one side & park on  the other 3 sides. That was after giving up a riverside at Dos Hermanos. The GOH is certainly still fun 😀

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Eleanor Anderton said:

So far, a houseboat just hasn't worked for me. The site was off, the neighborhood was crowded, and the views just weren't pretty. Now way off in Pier Pressure, we lucked into a square mooring on the end of a tiny grouping of houseboats facing open water and a few boats across the bay. 

I have found personally that the location of your houseboat really makes or breaks how you feel about them.  I am just speaking for me here.

My first houseboat was in Ixa and I was so happy to get one, but it was inbetween others, very shallow under the boat so i really couldn't do the underwater garden the way I wanted and all the view was of other boats.  And it was square so even if i used the evening star or windlass the doors faced the other boats beside me, not the water.  So I abandoned it eventually and didn't even think about another one.  What changed my mind was during the Pearlcoast release I was trying to get a house there and clicked houseboat in error and ended up with a lovely long houseboat facing the water and it is a nice green area.  Made a big difference in how I felt about the parcel and how I decorated it.

I have moved on since then to a nice green square houseboat on one of the cloned islands and it has become my number 1 favorite LH and this houseboat is the one I have had the longest out of all of them.    If i was only able to choose one parcel I would keep my houseboat and get rid of my TH & VH.

I am glad you found a HB parcel you like :) .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I got this parcel, I couldn't stand the name, so I abandoned it. I got it again a couple of days later, I kept it for a while and then let it go again, hoping to get an amazing dream spot. And then, I got it again for the third time, so I decided to give it a try, and I am happy I did. Despite not being right over a river, there is a lake in front, and it is surrounded by flowers, trees and protected land areas, so it is quite private. The cabin in the back was empty, and belongs to an alt, so I decided to derender my poor neighbours home... nothing personal...

Getting new homes is more difficult these days, and it seems to me new releases might take a while, but it is worth trying, because nice spots might show up. 

Elichenw.png

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Elena Core said:

The first time I got this parcel, I couldn't stand the name, so I abandoned it. I got it again a couple of days later, I kept it for a while and then let it go again, hoping to get an amazing dream spot. And then, I got it again for the third time, so I decided to give it a try, and I am happy I did. Despite not being right over a river, there is a lake in front, and it is surrounded by flowers, trees and protected land areas, so it is quite private. The cabin in the back was empty, and belongs to an alt, so I decided to derender my poor neighbours home... nothing personal...

Getting new homes is more difficult these days, and it seems to me new releases might take a while, but it is worth trying, because nice spots might show up. 

Elichenw.png

Is that the one we discussed? It's a nice one, and I think SL wants you to keep it! I had the same thing happen with my trad in Passwall, so I finally decorated it properly and now I just love it. :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Is that the one we discussed? It's a nice one, and I think SL wants you to keep it! I had the same thing happen with my trad in Passwall, so I finally decorated it properly and now I just love it. :) 

It is!!!!! I am going to keep it till new cabins are released, I am beginning to love it :)

Edited by Elena Core
I was missing an 'it'
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Why are some places abandoned??? And how can we claim them??

Any number of reasons. The owner might have decided to leave SL, or to let their Premium account go back to Basic, or to move to Mainland or a private estate, etc. Or maybe they are still in Bellisseria but wanted a different style of home, or just a different parcel. There is nothing wrong with abandoned homes, they just have been put back into circulation is all.

As to how to claim one, it's the same as any other Linden Home. If you are premium and haven't used your land allowance already, you can claim a home (when the style you want is available) from your Dashboard where it says Get Your Home Now. At the moment, pretty much any style of the Bellisseria homes you see there are going to be abandoned homes, though new Victorians are being released now and then. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 89 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.