Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

On 4/11/2020 at 6:27 PM, Quiet Mirabella said:

I just got this at Winged Prayer ( love that region name) not sure if it was an abandon but the houses around look like they been decorated a while, love it.. ♥ keeps it lol

78a8d99f51e6dc619cb623fd2f890a88.png

My alt (you very naughty people have encouraged me to premium my alt for more GOH fun) abandoned this one. It’s a gorgeous spot but I just don’t connect with the log homes. I ended up with a houseboat but who knows for how long. I’m glad you are keeping it.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So I log in after a break period, regretting I let my Harvest Market home go, and SL has this beautiful abandon as I gift to me. I guess they thought I needed something to lift me up :) 

It's located between two lakes, and although more homes might be built, I want to think LL will transform it into a trail ;)

julyLight.PNG

• Like 12

On 4/16/2020 at 8:37 AM, Quiet Mirabella said:

I wanted to try if I could get a houseboat yesterday. And I got this one!

It has only one neighbor on the one side, on the cutest little island and sunset view. Thank you to who ever gave this one up ♥ Love it so much, now I have a nice cabin and a super cute houseboat:) 

3bc2fe3dcca3c022b3f348944abf9937.jpg

I suddenly want a houseboat again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elena Core said:

So I log in after a break period, regretting I let my Harvest Market home go

Sighs ... it was mine on my alt which i had to downgrade .. i was happy someone who treasured it got it!

Still mourning about it. And now someone who not even use the Grand View with big windows to the water/sunset has it!  Well, i will still keep an eye out for this Harvest Market lot, it's my dream home. Maybe i can get it some day for Sum .. 🙂

I am glad you got another great parcel!

Edited by Sum Littlepaws
adding
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sum Littlepaws said:

Sighs ... it was mine on my alt which i had to downgrade .. i was happy someone who treasured it got it!

Still mourning about it. And now someone who not even use the Grand View with big windows to the water/sunset has it!  Well, i will still keep an eye out for this Harvest Market lot, it's my dream home. Maybe i can get it some day for Sum .. 🙂

I am glad you got another great parcel!

Thank you Sum for letting it go :) I know that feeling hehe, I do regret abandoning my Harvest Market parcel, but this is so pretty, that it's helping a lot :) Please, stop by anytime

• Like 4

My log home was an abandon, in Rancho Cucamanga. 

200429_001.thumb.jpg.2de4599cf912ed03a1ed99a001ddbddc.jpg

I love the location, I have water off to one side (just a pond, not a river) but the best thing is, it's on the south edge of the region, adjoining one that's yet unbuilt. So I'll be able to watch the moles working on the next batch. If it were RL I'd be disappointed that the big window faces north, but hey, this is SL, I can just move the sun.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tamara Adored said:

I picked up this abandon in Schoolhouse. The windows even face the right way, straight down the river to the sunset. This one has made me like log cabins more than any other spot.

glad you got this jewel :)

Edited by Sum Littlepaws
made up my mind ;)
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, Tamara Adored said:

I picked up this abandon in Schoolhouse. The windows even face the right way, straight down the river to the sunset. This one has made me like log cabins more than any other spot.

Snapshot_008.png

There's a big hill in that region that some folks like to call Schoolhouse Rock.  🙂

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, kevin Jerrold said:

I've got somewhere up for sale it's in a place called Left Of Heaven... Will post some pics shortly. Just need to develop it a little more... it's on Sailable Water so probably be able to use the houseboat idea...

I don't believe Left Of Heaven is a Linden Home region, nor are the parcels for sale, so you might want to post your photos in one of the Mainland forum threads. It sounds like you are trying to sell your parcel, in which case, I suggest you post here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/286-parcels-for-sale-mainland/ 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So I have a very specific thing I have been looking for recently: a log home parcel on the water where the front of a Lincoln will face the water. Not so easy to find, although there are a few out there (taken, alas)! Anyway, I caught this one yesterday and though it's not 100% what I had in mind, it's a pretty cool abandon! There is a little hill behind it (so no close neighbor back there), and if you go up onto the hill, you find a little hollow where there are fireflies. ❤️ 

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

• Like 8

On 5/10/2020 at 6:05 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

So I have a very specific thing I have been looking for recently: a log home parcel on the water where the front of a Lincoln will face the water. Not so easy to find, although there are a few out there (taken, alas)! Anyway, I caught this one yesterday and though it's not 100% what I had in mind, it's a pretty cool abandon! There is a little hill behind it (so no close neighbor back there), and if you go up onto the hill, you find a little hollow where there are fireflies. ❤️ 

Snapshot_001.png

What a great location!!!! So happy you finally found it!!!! And the sun is just right there, I'll stop for a cup of coffee sometime🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elena Core said:

What a great location!!!! So happy you finally found it!!!! And the sun is just right there, I'll stop for a cup of coffee sometime🤣

Ooh don't stop at that one if you are looking for me, I gave it back and last night found a better one in Gitta! 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I remember when the regions including Rocky Heights and Hammond Park were about to be released, because that's the first time I was eagerly awaiting release of a particular region. After reading so many posts in here about the area, I went to have an advance look, and of course I wanted a coastline home in Rocky Heights! I didn't get one, and pretty much forgot about the region as I moved on to other new releases.

But look what popped up as my alt used her last click of the night just before midnight last night. Never give up on finding a home you will love, because amazing abandons show up on a regular basis if you just keep trying.

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I remember when the regions including Rocky Heights and Hammond Park were about to be released, because that's the first time I was eagerly awaiting release of a particular region. After reading so many posts in here about the area, I went to have an advance look, and of course I wanted a coastline home in Rocky Heights! I didn't get one, and pretty much forgot about the region as I moved on to other new releases.

But look what popped up as my alt used her last click of the night just before midnight last night. Never give up on finding a home you will love, because amazing abandons show up on a regular basis if you just keep trying.

Snapshot_001.png

Congrats on this one!  I am super jelly, front faces the water, nice rocks and hills in the back!  Hope you enjoy your find! 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

Congrats on this one!  I am super jelly, front faces the water, nice rocks and hills in the back!  Hope you enjoy your find! 

Thanks! The roadway is actually up on that hill in back, so I'm hoping no one goes around the curve too quickly and lands in my living room! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'd like to thank the person who abandoned their plot on  Maimonides.

My alt gave up a great place on Overbite, years (SL ones) ago, to go for a Victorian, which I've regretted since then.

I never found my perfect cabin either, they would have a bad view directly  into a  neighbours house, or the trail, or just didn't have that cabin vibe I wanted.

The parcel on Maimonides is secluded, has trees, rocks, and is quiet. So thank you to the person who gave it up today.

Maimonides Traditional.jpg

• Like 10