Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

21 minutes ago, Saphyre Cyberstar said:

i think you gave us a great traditional location as you were still  on the access list so thank you

our rebuild traditional.png

You might want to measure that add-on.  The top of the highest roof on the Winchester is right at 12m high and you can't have anything higher than 15m above ground level. My guess is the middle peak is probably around 15, but - depending on camera angle - that would put that front peak quite a bit above 15m.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been playing Game of Homes now that there are enough homes that drop dead gorgeous abandons are coming up frequently. My catch of the week was a HB right across from the LoA (Light of Aurelius) light house. I can grab the dock over there without a map- nice for a quick TP & rez out a boat.

HB.png

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Been playing Game of Homes now that there are enough homes that drop dead gorgeous abandons are coming up frequently. My catch of the week was a HB right across from the LoA (Light of Aurelius) light house. I can grab the dock over there without a map- nice for a quick TP & rez out a boat.

HB.png

Great view!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks to the person who let this one go. It's located by the river, with quite some good space in the backyard (I might derender my poor front  neighbour). There's no magical landscaping, but with that location, it's a blank canvas to me. So I got my lovely Victorian and my lovely Tradition, I'm all set up (till I change my mind again...)

Snapshot_001.png

Edited by Elena Core
typos, what else
  • Like 10

A beautiful abandon made my day (our camper is the one to the right) There's just one neighbour to the side (a couple who appears to be really nice), protected land to the right and back, and a lake to the front. So now we're all set up with our Victorian, our Trad and a camper.

Maybe it's time to think what is to be released and keep just one home. The idea of keeping just one home and getting a small plot in Mainland, to create a different place, is still there...

Snapshot_003.png

Edited by Elena Core
some grammar...
  • Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier in the week I went shopping around for a camp, and ended up with a diamond in the rough located south west of Lake Tatakaka. View of a protected valley with a waterfall and Linden cabin, plus direct access to road, rail and open water from the parcel. After some low-brow landscaping and decorating, I was left with enough free LI to rezz whatever vehicle I might want to use. Great place to hang out and play board games. Many thanks to whomever abandoned that lot!

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

@Eirynne Sieyes  Good catch!

I was lucky to catch this parcel that was going around in Sario and this region is just lovely so I am going to stay here for awhile:

sario_001.thumb.jpg.4de5d945e39e29874d9f681b19891f41.jpg

I did try the catch and release with the Victorian I got in Bishopshead as I wanted my alt with 3 months left to get it, but alas it didn't work out.  I have retired the alt that had that one  today and now I am just down to having 2 TH (one beach, one green) & 1 HB.  So I think I am done with GOH for awhile.  At least until the new theme comes out.

Good luck to everyone still trying to find their dream plot and remember that there is lots of parcels that get abandoned that are great locations that you are looking for.  They are still out there!

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Got a lovely Victorian in Banebury yesterday.  What is ironic is that when the Victorians were first released I got the white house on that one side and that was before all the landscaping on that mountain was completed.  Nice to see that they just went with landscaping and no houses behind it.

banebury_001.thumb.jpg.24609983358f482f6370a050906b7543.jpg

• Like 15

On 2/10/2020 at 12:45 AM, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I will never abandon my beautiful abandon! ( Even though I prefer modern open concept.) Snapshot_025.thumb.png.71a0b7e99589ff21078fc24263bf8884.pngCaught last month.

Howdy neighbour. I am next door to you (or rather my alt is). I got mine when they were released and won't ever let it go. This whole area is lovely with all the houses having water around them and the little park with the fountain in the middle. Such a beautiful area. Congrats for catching one.

• Like 4

My alt caught this victorian in Oleander:

oleander_001.thumb.png.96ceab64bcf65602dfd3779512e795cb.png

and when you look from the front you can see the bridge.  Very lovey area.  I also like that there is train tracks on the one side, the ocean is on the other side, it feels private yet is open and no heavy fencing in front.  Still lots of abandoned parcels to be had in areas you might be looking for.  Don't give up for those still looking.  I also imagine when the new theme is announced we might see more abandons as people get ready for the release.

• Like 12

After seeing all the late work @MiakisTheUsagi has been doing in her place, I wated to try some forest landscaping  for a few days, and went for a camper. We got this lovely spot this morning, the one on the right. The neighbour to the left has covered the parcel with junk and trashy stuff, so it will be a perfect candidate for derending: no see no pain

Snapshot_002.png

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 7

On 1/2/2020 at 9:14 PM, Nika Talaj said:

I'm amazed at the quality of the abandons right now.  Not only did I just give up a fabulous houseboat (lol), but after refreshing twice I decided to take a camper, just to keep my hand in.  And I got the parcel with the dark shenandoah, the waterfall smack dab in the middle of the window, only two well-screened neighbors.

The river it's on is long,  down to Lake Tatakaka and up to Beaten Path.  Sometimes I wonder if people abandon a parcel because they don't know how to change the house model.

963513602_redbluffcamper_001.png.31b8f40c71520f95fa29bcf0eb97b416.png

I think this is the camper I got this morning 😊

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, karynmaria said:

Just picked up this marvelous Victorian last night, right by the ocean.  Just wanted to let people know, who are still looking, that great abandoned parcels are still out there!

palatine_002.thumb.jpg.21efba4585e7984080875039fdd3108e.jpg

Congrats, this definitely is a dream location, so happy for you!  And so funny the coincidence, as we were posting about abandons.

• Like 5