Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

58 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

I've been delighted with my alt's houseboat at Walrus Beach. She got it at the end of the August during the region release. When I started clicking around today, I thought I'd check out a houseboat on the land page. I picked up this gem on my own account. I thought I'd never leave Walrus Beach, but I think this one's a keeper. 

Hubra Houseboat 2.png

that one looks great!  do you mind sharing where it is?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, karynmaria said:

that one looks great!  do you mind sharing where it is?

I should have mentioned that. It's in Hubra. Mainland is across the way but it's so far that I didn't have to turn my draw distance way down. It's a sandy area, instead of my usual green space. It's not on a square lot, but it feels rather open and private, at the same time.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Just to be clear - are you talking about a *Linden* home? If so, try re-rezzing your preferred style from the mailbox out front. And wait for at least 30 seconds before you try to open or close anything.

Thank you for you help.
Before re-rezzing my home, I wonder if I will loose all the decorations I made, as new colors for the walls, and if I will loose the stuff I put in it (kitchen and living room for now).

Thank you.

Edited by ricciolo75

On 3/29/2020 at 10:23 AM, ricciolo75 said:

Thank you for you help.
Before re-rezzing my home, I wonder if I will loose all the decorations I made, as new colors for the walls, and if I will loose the stuff I put in it (kitchen and living room for now).

Thank you.

I solved the problems. If you put your furnitures in the home and you re-rezz it, you won't loose any furniture and everything will remain at the same place. So nice :)

• Like 3

I just wanted to say thank you to whomever abandoned this lovely parcel! When Highmarket was originally released, I was unable to snag one of these gems, but thankfully today was my lucky day 😭 After almost a year of searching for the "perfect" home (for me), I finally have settled with this beautiful beachfront Victorian!

1968367028_ScreenShot2020-04-02at1_43.54PM-min.thumb.png.e814422c1407caca8daa6534b4ddd0d7.png2013176311_ScreenShot2020-04-02at1_45.20PM-min.thumb.png.b505dab13c869ede723f31a0310d3c09.png

• Like 13

Side note: I recently declined to renew my premium account last month (May 1) b/c I quite frankly was tired of the stress of waiting countless hours to try to catch new releases and/or the off chance of a random abandon. When I heard of the plethora of log homes released yesterday, I upgraded back to premium as I knew the headache would not be as bad. Idk how I got this home, as there were according to Patch 81 available victorian homes, but I take this as nothing short of a blessing.

I say all this to say, don't give up! Keep trying (at your own pace) at the Game of Homes. If you get tired, or find yourself wasting too much time, give it a break and try again when you feel you are ready! (I do not have any premium alts, so I know if i can do this, anyone can :) ) A word of advice would be to not hold onto something that you are only content with in fear, bc then you will never get what you truly want. That is what held me up for awhile on my hunt for my dream home.

(P.S found a cute little sitting area to the right of the home)

1604534734_ScreenShot2020-04-02at1_44.28PM-min.thumb.png.0ce3a73ae68097e96915108aa8a4173b.png664470437_ScreenShot2020-04-02at1_44.51PM-min.thumb.png.f9732b8efd895d64916837c5437ba5ae.png

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, AlexusAbrianna said:

Side note: I recently declined to renew my premium account last month (May 1) b/c I quite frankly was tired of the stress of waiting countless hours to try to catch new releases and/or the off chance of a random abandon. When I heard of the plethora of log homes released yesterday, I upgraded back to premium as I knew the headache would not be as bad. Idk how I got this home, as there were according to Patch 81 available victorian homes, but I take this as nothing short of a blessing.

I say all this to say, don't give up! Keep trying (at your own pace) at the Game of Homes. If you get tired, or find yourself wasting too much time, give it a break and try again when you feel you are ready! (I do not have any premium alts, so I know if i can do this, anyone can :) ) A word of advice would be to not hold onto something that you are only content with in fear, bc then you will never get what you truly want. That is what held me up for awhile on my hunt for my dream home.

1604534734_ScreenShot2020-04-02at1_44.28PM-min.thumb.png.0ce3a73ae68097e96915108aa8a4173b.png664470437_ScreenShot2020-04-02at1_44.51PM-min.thumb.png.f9732b8efd895d64916837c5437ba5ae.png

This is so inspiring to read, wise words.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, AlexusAbrianna said:

I am so glad to read that you found something!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Awwwwww I abandoned it too... something had to be sacrificed for a Log cabin... but congrats you landed easily the prettiest region of all the camper regions!

But the Love Shack is so worth it! ;)

• Like 1

I gave up my Traditional and started playing GOH with the lodge homes. After several days of getting and abandoning places that just didn't inspire me, I used my last pick and tried for a Victorian. I couldn't believe my luck. I did derender the hedges, but otherwise it is perfect.

I hope that whoever abandoned this has been able to get a wonderful Lodge Home as a replacement.

houseinhyacinth.jpg

viewfrombackyard.jpg

viewfromporch.jpg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Rufferta said:

I gave up my Traditional and started playing GOH with the lodge homes. After several days of getting and abandoning places that just didn't inspire me, I used my last pick and tried for a Victorian. I couldn't believe my luck. I did derender the hedges, but otherwise it is perfect.

I hope that whoever abandoned this has been able to get a wonderful Lodge Home as a replacement.

houseinhyacinth.jpg

viewfrombackyard.jpg

viewfromporch.jpg

When the lodge homes were released, I had the good fortune of acquiring some dream locations (Trads, Vics, and a houseboat) that I had been scouting for months. This is one of the lovely spots that I caught and released. I'm so happy for you!

• Like 6

Picked this cabin on Traderest. It's located on the far east of the region and backs up to SSPE1136. The back view can kinda take your breath away and leaves one wondering what are the plans for these far regions that border the ocean cliffs. Now to keep or let free? The chimney rock stands just above the ocean cliffs SSPE1135. More cabins or parkland in the future? 

Front facing a rocky outcrop hill with the cabin dropped down under it next to a quiet road. 

Trompe_008.thumb.png.96e1aa783ed00a92e72acc0e237f8b7e.png

Backyard view!

Trompe_010.thumb.png.032dcf28943a231503de5907c6940259.png

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Eleanor Anderton said:

Picked this cabin on Traderest. It's located on the far east of the region and backs up to SSPE1136. The back view can kinda take your breath away and leaves one wondering what are the plans for these far regions that border the ocean cliffs. Now to keep or let free? The chimney rock stands just above the ocean cliffs SSPE1135. More cabins or parkland in the future? 

Front facing a rocky outcrop hill with the cabin dropped down under it next to a quiet road. 

Trompe_008.thumb.png.96e1aa783ed00a92e72acc0e237f8b7e.png

Backyard view!

Trompe_010.thumb.png.032dcf28943a231503de5907c6940259.png

I have my cabin in Traderest as well! Mine is on the water however. Howdy neighbor. 

I love that view in your backyard! I hope they do something spectacular with the open space behind you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2020 at 1:08 PM, Elena Core said:

Thanks to the person who let this one go. It's located by the river, with quite some good space in the backyard (I might derender my poor front  neighbour). There's no magical landscaping, but with that location, it's a blank canvas to me. So I got my lovely Victorian and my lovely Tradition, I'm all set up (till I change my mind again...)

Snapshot_001.png

I had that house too, it was adorable—-and the one opposite on the other side. It is in Moretti right?

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 8:25 AM, iBrat said:

My alt picked this up last night. I think she pretty beautiful. Dindn't even had to derender anything. On my plot... Don't mind grafics, I use a lap.

Vicyvic_001.png

where is that? I have a house on Malthus looks like that SO much, might be a clone!

• Like 3