Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Why are some places abandoned??? And how can we claim them??

To elaborate on what Sylvia (correctly) said, nowadays one region of Vics appears to usually be released per day.  I think there's probably about 10 regions ready to be released in this way. 

Abandoned Log Homes and Campers also show up occasionally on the land page.  I see Traditionals only very occasionally.  Houseboats appear to have gone into hiding.

Sometimes you'll see a few of the styles show up right after a Vic release.  I figure some people who've been waiting for a Vic get one, and then release the home they had previously.

Today I happened to be around when the Vic release happened, and caught a terrific Traditional home on the coast of Well Springs, on the Pickle.  Great place.  I let it go immediately.  I'm basically just fishing for fun until this alt's premium runs out in a week or so.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

For someone it will be! It's already gone back I am not a traditional fan I am clicking around whilst waiting for a stilt home on the water!

You’ll be clicking around for a long time, Chloe! 😊 My first home was in Emerson Lake. Not a lake to be seen. This looks wonderful! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

My first home was in Emerson Lake. Not a lake to be seen.

Lmao, when I was clicking around for houses and saw that name, I got excited.... Now it will forever be THAT lake place with NO lake for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Atina0 said:

im going to put one of my alts back to basic for now so i will be sending back a sweet little Vic in Granby Court at 7 AM  

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Granby Court/144/148/0

i hate doing this ,its a perfect place for a Vic but its got to be done 😥

That was my very first Vic! I remember getting it through the release but gave it up, because I thought it deserved an owner who truly loves sand. Congrats to the new owner. I can see why you're feeling sad about letting it go. I had similar feelings. 

• Like 5

Picked this abandoned Camper up just to see where it was located....in Twofer nicely sitting on a spit of beach sand surrounded with streams leading out to houseboats and open water. Since we have to probably wait until Sept/Oct for the stilt homes, here is what I started by playing with the Colorado model which has quite an assortment of beachy colors built in. Shout out to @Elena Core for her Colorado camper design which gave me the idea to play around with this model. I haven't even started decorating yet - just having fun changing the colors! 

1968790574_EloisaTwoferCamp_004.thumb.png.3c166826e2838ff11b96aa3823d91ba5.png

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Eleanor Anderton said:

Picked this abandoned Camper up just to see where it was located....in Twofer nicely sitting on a spit of beach sand surrounded with streams leading out to houseboats and open water. Since we have to probably wait until Sept/Oct for the stilt homes, here is what I started by playing with the Colorado model which has quite an assortment of beachy colors built in. Shout out to @Elena Core for her Colorado camper design which gave me the idea to play around with this model. I haven't even started decorating yet - just having fun changing the colors! 

1968790574_EloisaTwoferCamp_004.thumb.png.3c166826e2838ff11b96aa3823d91ba5.png

Lovely camper and spot Eleanor!!!! Feel free to visit my camper anytime inworld, if you want more ideas :) I never thought I would enjoy a camper so much, now I think I'm going to keep that place for a long time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, enchantrixtaja said:

I had no idea Campers could be near or on the beach! 😲

Log Homes are the only style of homes that you will never see on a beach.  Campers, Vics and Trads are all available on beaches!  And if there is a rez zone nearby that's near the water, you can rez a boat and sail away, just as if you were in a houseboat.  OR, you can rez one on your parcel and just edit it into the water, if you're close enough.

• Like 4

I had no idea about the others as well. Wow! Thank you Nika!! :) 

I bought one of the campers that is always showing up as an option that it seems no one once. I just abandoned it.  I will try and look out for the Traditional as well. I used to live in Ca so I kinda miss being near water in the real world so I thinking well in my SL world I want the beach life haha. 

• Like 2

Hey Everyone it's me AfroditeSpeaks under my Alt Taja.

1. I'm still having to reply under Taja while the Forum support people figure out why I can't post under Afrodite.
  2.  I GOT A HOUSEBOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

It's soooo cute I LOVE it!!!!!! I'm getting a new computer, hopefully before the end of July. I just placed the order so I am anxiously waiting for delivery. I can't really do anything much in SL on this computer because it's older, etc. But I did go in and set up Access to the home, etc. Funny, when I teleported I was like, I don't see anything. Ummm I was underwater LOL. So I had to set up a new Teleport landing inside the houseboat. I did rez a chair, but at first, it wouldn't let me. I got a pop up saying I didn't have permission by the owner. Weird. Anywhoo when the new pc comes I will decorate. I'm a horrible decorator but it will be fun nonetheless.

Thank you, everyone, who has replied to me it is very much appreciated.❤️  Thank you all for your tips, the auto refresher was an awesome idea.

• Like 9

Wah, wah. Talk about first world problems. I have been hunting for a good Traditional, when this houseboat with a LIGHTHOUSE smack in front comes up. And open room on one side. And, free view out to the "Inland sea" from the Fourze region.

What do I do.... stay here and pay for a new Premium to hunt the *special* Traditional with?

(Who am I kidding... I already decided to keep the boat. Because my weakness is a lighthouse....)

light_001.jpg

• Like 15

7 hours ago, enchantrixtaja said:

... Funny, when I teleported I was like, I don't see anything. Ummm I was underwater LOL.

...I got a pop up saying I didn't have permission by the owner. Weird.

Yeah, that's one thing about the houseboats - the Land Page TP to your new houseboat always puts you underneath it, lol.  Convenient if you think you might want to abandon it immediately.  Sometimes with other style houses, the default placement used to put you under a stairway or something.  Don't know if they fixed those!  I usually don't take the LP teleport, I have it show me on the map and TP from that.

Re: no permission to rez --- you frequently get that message when you try to rez something on top of a LH floor.  The reason why is, I think, because sometimes when you rez on mesh the item ends up rezzing a ways away (maybe because of the physics shape?).  All LH's are mesh and they all have physics shapes, so if your attempt to rez 'bounces' away it can end up trying to rez on protected land, and you get that message.  You will always be able to rez on bare land, or on a simple prim (i.e. a rug!).

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1