Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

Thanks to the lovely Faydra, I got this great place. I was hesitant to release my Trad with the little glowing pond, and I think it turned out really well.

Now time to decide which of my three homes to keep, which will keep me busy and away from all the RL madness we all are going through

PondVic.png

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 13

10 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Thanks to the lovely Faydra, I got this great place. I was hesitant to release my Trad with the little glowing pond, and I think it turned out really well.

Now time to decide which of my three homes to keep, which will keep me busy and away from all the RL madness we all are going through

PondVic.png

That one is just stunning!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With everything being up in the air right now across the world, Sl takes me away from the worries and disappointments this virus has created. i always used SL as a bit of distraction at times but now more than ever. I am a staff nurse RL so I expect to have to work more hours and may not be around much over the coming weeks and might miss the log homes but I expect there will be more in the future and other themes. However I caught this little beauty after work last night and it just feels like spring. I haven't started to play with it yet except for placing a porch and some daffodils in the garden. But the parcel is so pretty and yet again it shows that a dream home can be acquired through abandons. So don't worry if you don't make releases ❤️

1872026139_TraditionalatWorthregion.thumb.png.76d6a1a3be9c7a4106b1a53c87e3ef09.png

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Elyeah said:

With everything being up in the air right now across the world, Sl takes me away from the worries and disappointments this virus has created. i always used SL as a bit of distraction at times but now more than ever. I am a staff nurse RL so I expect to have to work more hours and may not be around much over the coming weeks and might miss the log homes but I expect there will be more in the future and other themes. However I caught this little beauty after work last night and it just feels like spring. I haven't started to play with it yet except for placing a porch and some daffodils in the garden. But the parcel is so pretty and yet again it shows that a dream home can be acquired through abandons. So don't worry if you don't make releases ❤️

1872026139_TraditionalatWorthregion.thumb.png.76d6a1a3be9c7a4106b1a53c87e3ef09.png

Congratulations! You deserve a lovely spot to escape to when you can. ❤️ 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We all do. This is a tense time for all of us, those with health problems, those with loved ones with health problems, elderly relatives and young pregnant mothers. Also so many people's livelihoods gone. I am healthy, my job is secure so I am lucky. May this thing disappear soon as a threat. 

Meanwhile  bit of escapism is good for you xx

• Like 7

Hello!

I need help, because I am going to buy a home, but I don't know where and what. I saw these abandoned homes, but I don't know where they are and how to buy.

Is there someone whoe can help me, pelase? or maybe show me a link to get more information?

38 minutes ago, ricciolo75 said:

Hello!

I need help, because I am going to buy a home, but I don't know where and what. I saw these abandoned homes, but I don't know where they are and how to buy.

Is there someone whoe can help me, pelase? or maybe show me a link to get more information?

First off, you have to be a Premium member to get a "Linden Home" -- which is what these abandons are.  Second, you do not buy them.  You go to your Dashboard and request one that will be randomly assigned.

See this thread for more info on how to get one of the new Linden Homes:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much!

One question, please. If I buy a home and invite my partner (she is not premium) and we wish to decorate the home together, if she buys some staff for the home (such as tables, chairs...), will she be able to rezz them? shall I set some permission for her?

Thank you

3 minutes ago, ricciolo75 said:

Thank you very much!

One question, please. If I buy a home and invite my partner (she is not premium) and we wish to decorate the home together, if she buys some staff for the home (such as tables, chairs...), will she be able to rezz them? shall I set some permission for her?

Thank you

Yes, you can give her rez rights by setting the home to a group (front tab of your about land panel) and then having her wear the group tag while she puts things out :)

Edited by Kitten Kaos

3 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Yes, you can give her rez rights by setting the home to a group (front tab of your about land panel) and then having her wear the group tag while she puts things out :)

Just to be clear, @ricciolo75, you'll need to create your own group (I think it costs L$100), invite your partner to the group, and then as Kitten says have her activate that group. When either of you rez objects in your home, go into that object's profile (right click on the object), make sure it's Set to the name of your group, and tick the Share option. That way either of you will be able to move or otherwise edit the object. 

You will also have to 'set' the parcel to the group -- cannot deed Linden Home parcels to groups.

In lieu of having to set every object to Share, if you trust each other enough, just give each other editing rights to your stuff.n  That will let you move each others things around.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You will also have to 'set' the parcel to the group -- cannot deed Linden Home parcels to groups.

In lieu of having to set every object to Share, if you trust each other enough, just give each other editing rights to your stuff.n  That will let you move each others things around.

Kitten had mentioned your first point in her response. I'd tried that second suggestion (a while back) but it didn't seem to work consistently for me.

Edited by Frigga Freidman

14 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I'd tried that second suggestion (a while back) but it didn't seem to work consistently for me.

Interesting - it's been a while since I've messed with it, so I guess I should play around with it a bit with some of my testing alts.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is what I do, so that I don't have to constantly remind my partner to set things to "share". 😛

• Like 3

Thank you, you helped me :)

Please, I have a problem now. I bought a home yesterday, everything was ok, but today I can't open the doors.... how can I?

I can open the windows, and curtains..... but not the door.....

Thank you?

Edited by ricciolo75

2 hours ago, ricciolo75 said:

Thank you, you helped me :)

Please, I have a problem now. I bought a home yesterday, everything was ok, but today I can't open the doors.... how can I?

I can open the windows, and curtains..... but not the door.....

Thank you?

Just to be clear - are you talking about a *Linden* home? If so, try re-rezzing your preferred style from the mailbox out front. And wait for at least 30 seconds before you try to open or close anything.

• Like 2

I've been delighted with my alt's houseboat at Walrus Beach. She got it at the end of the August during the region release. When I started clicking around today, I thought I'd check out a houseboat on the land page. I picked up this gem on my own account. I thought I'd never leave Walrus Beach, but I think this one's a keeper. 

Hubra Houseboat 2.png

• Like 3