What are you watching today?

I kept seeing all of this hype for Netflix's "Virgin River."in  e-magazines that show up in my email, various real news agencies, and in local chat in music clubs. So I started watching it. The first couple of episodes were ok. Then the plot, the characters just got unbelievably stupid.

And I'm still watching it. :/

This maybe should go in the peeves thread, now that I think about it.

I yell at the characters, roll my eyes, and binge watch episode after episode. Is there like, a reward, at the end of this?

• Haha 1

Watched this earlier and enjoyed it! Well...just to warn you, it is morbid. But a good UK horror, IMO! It's based on a RL serial killer, the St Albans Poisoner...he has one of the scariest RL mugshots I've seen 😵 The way the actor talks really reminds me of Derren Brown a bit...anyway, one for horror fans!

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure why they chose a song about May in the middle of August but it's a lively accompaniment.  There's something very satisfying about the lines of silage being cleared and brought in, like that last bit of bumpy ground being flattened when you're terraforming (or is it just me who enjoys that?). 

• Like 1

This will be my 3rd time.  1st when it originally aired, & straight thru within a week two years ago.  Was really interesting watching the 2nd time with 15 years of life experience in between.  Not sure if it was different because of those years of life & conversations about the show affecting how I experienced it, or if it was only because I knew what was going to happen.

E472DC17-C4F2-47BA-9C27-7239860308BA.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I can't believe they are already doing a prequel..

Honestly, the series felt very complete to me.. This just feels like a money grab the whole way.. I mean wait 20 years or something..

Hollywood just has to ring the rag of every drop..

The author of the original trilogy put out the prequel novel.  Since the original movies did so well, it is to be expected that someone would also create a movie of that prequel.  The book is actually not bad -- gives a decent accounting of Snow's early days.  Whether or not the movie will be worth anything is hard to tell at this point.  I'll probably watch it when it comes out, just to see how it compares to the book.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The author of the original trilogy put out the prequel novel.  Since the original movies did so well, it is to be expected that someone would also create a movie of that prequel.  The book is actually not bad -- gives a decent accounting of Snow's early days.  Whether or not the movie will be worth anything is hard to tell at this point.  I'll probably watch it when it comes out, just to see how it compares to the book.

Ya, i know about the book,which came out in like 2020.. They were probably waiting for her to finish it and release to see how it does before deciding to start production, which started in 2021.

They just want to open it up to string off and get more movies out of it.  I just have a feeling the movie is going to feel forced.

I swear if they make a netflix or tv series out of this, I'm gonna puke.. lol

• Haha 1