What are you watching today?

This is BONKERS 😵 I actually feel a bit queasy watching it...it's like an endless maze. You would have to employ so many people to keep it clean and running, and could only live in one tiny part of it at any time :S

• Like 2

I've just been watching the Trooping the Colour ceremony, at the end of which was the fly-past in honour of Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee.  The big thrill for me is always hearing the beautiful Merlin engines as some of the last few WWII aircraft fly past.  Here's the present and future monarchs appreciating the spectacle (picture courtesy of the BBC). 8d5095de-0bb5-4ff5-a652-4ba57dd0caf2.jpg

• Like 5

I was laying down for bed and watching, The Finest Hours, again.. I love the movie, it's a great true rescue story along with a beautiful love story.

The beginning just settles me in and has this cozy feeling, Then it opens up as it already has my full undivided attention..

This movie for me has such re-watchability..  The love story for me is very comforting but it doesn't overtake the movie, but you never forget that it is going on while everything else is around it..

It's really hard to explain, but it's one of my favorite nestle in the covers with my hubby comfort movies:)

If you haven't see it, I highly recommend it.

There is this one part as they are heading for this treacherous part called the bar where they start to sing this song.

One of those out to sea songs.  I didn't realize until the end credits that they had recorded a recent version of this song.

This is the song from the movie.

This is the recent version of the song

14 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've just been watching the Trooping the Colour ceremony, at the end of which was the fly-past in honour of Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee.  The big thrill for me is always hearing the beautiful Merlin engines as some of the last few WWII aircraft fly past.  Here's the present and future monarchs appreciating the spectacle (picture courtesy of the BBC). 8d5095de-0bb5-4ff5-a652-4ba57dd0caf2.jpg

Really lovely to see the special relationship Prince Charles has with "Mummy". The Queen really looked to be enjoying the fly past and all the horse guards. I missed a lot of the live broadcast because of ... my poor time management really ... but have just been catching up via the wonderful BBC iPlayer website and naughtily took these stills. 

1. One of the guards blowing his nose with his finger!

2. An unruly horse that exited stage left at one point.

3. I really miss Princess Diana.

4. Prince George pulling his face because of the loudness of the planes flying over.

5. The spectacular formation of 70. Our Queen really is amazing.

6. Prince Charles and The Queen of course.

7. Prince Louis 

We have certainly needed something to celebrate lately. I've smiled a lot today.

Jubilee 1 - guard blowing snot out of his nose.jpg

Jubilee 2 - horse going it's own way.jpg

Jubilee 3 - it should be Diana.jpg

Jubilee 4 - Prince George pulling his face.jpg

Jubilee 5 - The formation of 70.jpg

Jubilee 6 - Prince Charles and The Queen.jpg

Jubilee 7 - Some of the planes too loud for Prince Louis.jpg

• Like 3

In Hong Kong, memories of China's Tiananmen Square massacre are being erased.

"Even if candlelight is criminalized, I will still call on people to make a stand, whether on June 4 this year or every June 4 in years to come." - Former Hong Kong Alliance leader Chow Hang-tung 

平反六四

180605100316-tiananmen-4-super-169.thumb.jpg.bdd585e5b7af42cc7aa615cd1bcd936d.jpg

180605095955-tiananmen-1-super-169.thumb.jpg.dfb957a78a98d0bfdefb38212b6c05f4.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Tiananmen_Square_protests_and_massacre

Edited by Solo Alpha
  • Sad 1