What are you watching today?

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

The books were much better. The movies were MEH for me.

I remember some girls in public school carrying the books every day for what seemed like years.

Apparently, that was common. Not sure if they used the books to signal others who may be interested in the books, were slow readers, or just REALLY liked those books.

As a boy, I didn't really know the books since they were apparently more read by the girls. Looking back, not sure if it's a little bit disturbing. ("I'm going to openly carry books around about abuse and incest.")

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

You'd probably like the YouTube channel Railcam https://www.youtube.com/c/RailcamUKLive/videos?view=2&sort=dd&live_view=501&shelf_id=0 or type railcam in the search box and lots of live train cams from over the world come up

Thanks, I'll definitely be taking a look at that.  This rail webcam thing started with me only earlier this year when there was a notable storm due and I went looking to see if there was any live footage of the weather in the prettier places where I used to live in the UK - south and south west coast. The Queens Hotel at Brighton has a CCTV and the sea came right in and over the top drenching the fools who were actually lucky enough to be there in person.

I was amazed to see West Somerset Railway had webcams as it was always a place that seemed frozen in time, having a heritage steam railway run by volunteers. I've become addicted to watching the sun set at Blue Anchor Bay.  

29.07.2022 WSR 2 sunset at Blue Anchor.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I remember some girls in public school carrying the books every day for what seemed like years.

Apparently, that was common. Not sure if they used the books to signal others who may be interested in the books, were slow readers, or just REALLY liked those books.

As a boy, I didn't really know the books since they were apparently more read by the girls. Looking back, not sure if it's a little bit disturbing. ("I'm going to openly carry books around about abuse and incest.")

She has many, many series to her books.  Can't be any worse than here. Have you looked at the MP lately for all the things one can buy to simulate abuse, **** and  well you know where I'm going here. Talk about disturbing.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 1

First thing I went to watch this morning was the choo choos again on the West Somerset Railway line, but there are no trains scheduled to run this day. The lovely retired lady is watering the plants at Blue Anchor again though. I'd love to send her a gift as she helps to keep the station looking so nice, but that would definitely make me look like a crazy weirdo stalker! 

05.08.2022 West Somerset Railway 2 - Caretaker lady Blue Anchor.jpg

Olivia Newton-John interview from a couple years ago, discussing her cancer diagnosis and career. She really was a fountain of strength and bravery and also grace.  Her positivity is amazing even in the face of her battle. She fought hard and may she rest.

On 7/30/2022 at 6:53 PM, Marigold Devin said:

I think I must have been late-teens/early-20s when I saw this and it scared the bejeezus out of me. It's those teeth and the ill shade of their skin, and for me as a Brit, they have an extra other-worldly quality because of where they are set in the world.

Other old horror movies I am particularly partial to are the Hammer ones, which were kind of funny at times. One that is not funny at all, but which I love because not only does it have my favourite Peter Cushing in, but largely was set in East Sussex, where I spent a large part of my childhood, as my aunties lived there. 

Oh, I love Peter Cushing and old Hammer movies!

I just watched the new Elvis movie.

All I have to say is, I still can't come up with the words to describe how good it was.. I can't think of a moment from the very second it started all the way until the end of the credits, which is the first time I can say, that there was never a dull moment. I actually sat there glued to the credits because the music was so good and they still had stuff going on through them.. hehehehe

I seen movies of people playing Elvis before, But it looked like people trying to play Elvis, compared to Austin Butler that gave a performance as if He was born to play Elvis.  He sang all the songs himself.. All his moves were so natural to the point that you would think he went to Elvis school the moment he learned how to walk..

The movie is based on a view more from his managers perspective, So it is much different from the others I've seen..

I love the way it's modernized and how they used the songs as more than just songs.. without giving a backstory to the making of a song, they kind of throw it at you when it comes and it helps put much more depth into them for me..

I'm gonna stop because I'll be here all day.. I just need to call someone and tell them,  because I'll eat a page up right now typing it out.. I just can't describe it yet and that's why I'm shooting from the hip on things.. It Just felt very natural and not faked up, if that makes any sense..

It was JUST that GOOD! 10 out of 10 stars! Best movie I have seen in a really long time.. Well done!

Edited by Ceka Cianci